Staying Sharp empowers you to take control of your brain health as you age. Try it today!

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
469
Views

Re: Conservative National Review Calls out Amber Guyger

469 Views
Message 1 of 34

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

My questions have been the same since this incident happened:

1.  How do you take the elevator to the wrong floor (didn't she have to push a button)?

2.  How do you go into the wrong apartment (at first they said her keyfob didn't work and then they said the door was unlocked or open--which was it)?

3.  Could she not have simply stepped back out the way she entered and called for back up instead of killing this poor man?

4.  The bottomline is, an innocent man was killed in his own home for no other reason other than this so-called "police officer" made the ultimate mistake for which she should pay the ultimate price.....go to jail-do not pass go--do not collect two hundred dollars.  Done!


As we see quite often, if the suspect is a minority, it's best to shoot first and ask questions later.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
469
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
475
Views

Re: Conservative National Review Calls out Amber Guyger

475 Views
Message 2 of 34

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/09/24/dallas-police-officer-amber-guyger-fired-killing-neig...

 

The white Dallas police officer accused of shooting her black neighbor to death after entering into his apartment has been fired from the force.

 

All which was posted earlier......


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
475
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
496
Views

Re: Conservative National Review Calls out Amber Guyger

496 Views
Message 3 of 34

My questions have been the same since this incident happened:

1.  How do you take the elevator to the wrong floor (didn't she have to push a button)?

2.  How do you go into the wrong apartment (at first they said her keyfob didn't work and then they said the door was unlocked or open--which was it)?

3.  Could she not have simply stepped back out the way she entered and called for back up instead of killing this poor man?

4.  The bottomline is, an innocent man was killed in his own home for no other reason other than this so-called "police officer" made the ultimate mistake for which she should pay the ultimate price.....go to jail-do not pass go--do not collect two hundred dollars.  Done!

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
496
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
499
Views

Re: Conservative National Review Calls out Amber Guyger

499 Views
Message 4 of 34

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/09/24/dallas-police-officer-amber-guyger-fired-killing-neig...

 

The white Dallas police officer accused of shooting her black neighbor to death after entering into his apartment has been fired from the force.

 

Officer Amber Guyger, who has said she mistook the neighbor’s apartment for her own and thought 26-year-old Botham Jean was a burglar, was terminated during a hearing Monday with Police Chief U. Renee Hall, the Dallas Police Department said in a news release posted on Twitter.

 

An internal investigation revealed Guyger “engaged in adverse conduct when she was arrested for manslaughter’’ three days after the Sept. 6 shooting of Jean, who lived in the fourth-floor apartment right above her, the statement said. The posting did not specify the nature of the conduct.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
499
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
505
Views

Re: Conservative National Review Calls out Amber Guyger

505 Views
Message 5 of 34

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:


I asked a question. Of course there is no evidence. I’m not attempting to divert from the topic. This is the topic. It’s just not what you want to discuss. Officer-involved shootings of unarmed black men have been a constant in the news at least since Michael Brown was killed in 2014. 



The topic is about Amber Guyger shooting this person.  She wasn't immediately arrested like some wanted her to be, the Texas Rangers were called in to avoid the accusation of favoritism, but that didn't satisfy some.  The Chief of Police is Black, the District Attorney is Black, but still the accusations is about police shootings and the victim being Black.

 

But some here want to make it about the police shooting an unarmed Black.

 

And the Chief of Police, nor the DA shot the man.  So what's your point?  The cop didn't tell the victim to put down his weapon, didn't tell him to put his hands up, didn't ask what he was doing in her apartment, by all accounts, she made a false, possibly racist assumption and shot him dead.  A cop, shooting an unarmed man, dead.  That's exactly what happened.  So yes, of course some can see it for what it is.

 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
505
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
510
Views

Re: Conservative National Review Calls out Amber Guyger

510 Views
Message 6 of 34

Centristsin2010,

Thanks for the update.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
510
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
519
Views

Re: Conservative National Review Calls out Amber Guyger

519 Views
Message 7 of 34

@alferdpacker wrote:

Amber Guyger Botham Shem Jean Police Shooting: Tragedy Shows Need for Cops to Face Impartial Justice... 


Well, the officer was fired today: 

 

Amber Guyger, the police officer charged with manslaughter in the shooting of a man inside his Dallas apartment, has been fired from the department, according to a statement Dallas Police Chief U. Renee Hall.

 

Guyger was fired during a hearing Monday, Hall said.
 
An internal affairs investigation concluded that Guyger "engaged in adverse conduct when she was arrested" for manslaughter, according to a statement released on DPD's verified Twitter account.
 

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
519
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
606
Views

Re: Conservative National Review Calls out Amber Guyger

606 Views
Message 8 of 34

 


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:


Lol, maybe because I’m not discussing any legal issues. Only you are.


No, more about common sense.  It has nothing to do with a cop shooting a black man.  She was shooting whoever she thought was in 'her' apartment.  And that there are some here who is attempting to make an issue of it.


The content of many posts that are in defense of Guyger's position sounds amazingly similar to the kind of - believed to be carefully disgused - but nevertheless easily recognized - dogwhistling that is extremely common among a very large proportion of the trump supporting community.

Could it be a coincidence?

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
606
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
623
Views

Re: Conservative National Review Calls out Amber Guyger

623 Views
Message 9 of 34

@ManicProgressive wrote:


Lol, maybe because I’m not discussing any legal issues. Only you are.


No, more about common sense.  It has nothing to do with a cop shooting a black man.  She was shooting whoever she thought was in 'her' apartment.  And that there are some here who is attempting to make an issue of it.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
623
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
628
Views

Re: Conservative National Review Calls out Amber Guyger

628 Views
Message 10 of 34

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Factually, it is an officer invoved shooting of an unarmed black man. Worse. In his own home. Nobody here is making it into anything. Those are the facts. 

 

Gender? Not about the shooting itself. I asked a question about the media commentary on this incident.  I think asking a question is far more legitimate than people screaming “fake news! Fake news!”


As far as we know at the present it is a police officer shooting an unarmed black man in his own home...PERIOD.  Actually it is an OFF-DUTY police officer shooting an unarmed black man inhis own home.

 

Those are the facts that we are aware of.  As of right now we don't have the full facts. 

 

The police officer has been arrested and is out on bond which she is entitled as a citizen regardless of her employment.  The case will be turned over to a Grand Jury which will determine if sufficient evidence exists for an indictment.  If indicted, she will face a jury as any other citizen. 

 

From what I'm gathering through the media, there doesn't seem to be any bias in her favor based on her occupation, in fact it seems to be the opposite.

 

I was under the impression that you have had lengthy association with the legal profession, but your posts on this matter doesn't sound like it.


Lol, maybe because I’m not discussing any legal issues. Only you are.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
628
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors