Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Conservative National Review Calls out Amber Guyger

Message 11 of 34

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@afisher wrote:

Once again, the apologists for police killings are attempting to down play this.    The cop has 4 years experience, not a newby...so that should not be an excuse.    My point being that this was a cop, not a male / female that killed an innocent man for being in his own home.    He was not doing a darn thing wrong.    Make all the excuses you want...this is a cop killing that should not be excused and why football players continue their protest.  

Well, I wasn’t trying to be an apologist. We have many police who kill innocent people. But I had a valid question about why most conservative media don’t question police officers in these shootings, yet they questioned this woman. 

I agree no unlawful or excessive use-of-force killing is justified.  All police need to be held to a higher standard than the regular public, because they are uniquely situated to legally deny us our civil rights....including taking a life.

They must be trained well to minimize tragic accidents. And when they do occur, they must be held accountable.

You raise a legitimate question. Some folks get uncomfortable with questions.

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 34

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

What happened to liberals demands of equal civil rights for all?

Yes, us LIBERALS do demand equal civil rights for all.

For example, say you have a professional BLACK MAN, relaxing in HIS OWN HOME. College educated, excellent employment history,  employee of a NATIONAL RECOGNIZED ORGANIZATION and even a pastor at his church.

And then this WHITE TRIGGER HAPPY COP invades his home under the guise of "she didn't know where she was" and KILLS this excellent example of a successful person. Remember, in JUST four short years she's been involved in TWO SHOOTINGS; many COPS are not involved in shootings for their entire career.

Yes, we do demand equal civil rights for all and this man DID NOT GET THEM.

And what makes matters worse, you and others, are defending the MURDEROUS COP'S actions. So far , you've made comments and excuses for her actions from talking about the floors looking the same,  to the door was cracked, to she saw an intruder through the crack in the door....... and on and on and on.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 34

@afisher wrote:

How many innocent people does a cop have to shoot before some consider that the cop lacks the skill to be in their job?     Or are they still attempting to say that if the only people that the cop shoot / kill were POC, then there is always a justification. 

One shot and you're out?  Regardless of the circumstances?

Doesn't the right to a fair trial apply to law enforcement people also?

What happened to liberals demands of equal civil rights for all?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 34

How many innocent people does a cop have to shoot before some consider that the cop lacks the skill to be in their job?     Or are they still attempting to say that if the only people that the cop shoot / kill were POC, then there is always a justification. 

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 34

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Factually, it is an officer invoved shooting of an unarmed black man. Worse. In his own home. Nobody here is making it into anything. Those are the facts. 

Gender? Not about the shooting itself. I asked a question about the media commentary on this incident.  I think asking a question is far more legitimate than people screaming “fake news! Fake news!”

As far as we know at the present it is a police officer shooting an unarmed black man in his own home...PERIOD.  Actually it is an OFF-DUTY police officer shooting an unarmed black man inhis own home.

Those are the facts that we are aware of.  As of right now we don't have the full facts. 

The police officer has been arrested and is out on bond which she is entitled as a citizen regardless of her employment.  The case will be turned over to a Grand Jury which will determine if sufficient evidence exists for an indictment.  If indicted, she will face a jury as any other citizen. 

From what I'm gathering through the media, there doesn't seem to be any bias in her favor based on her occupation, in fact it seems to be the opposite.

I was under the impression that you have had lengthy association with the legal profession, but your posts on this matter doesn't sound like it.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 34

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

I asked a question. Of course there is no evidence. I’m not attempting to divert from the topic. This is the topic. It’s just not what you want to discuss. Officer-involved shootings of unarmed black men have been a constant in the news at least since Michael Brown was killed in 2014. 

The topic is about Amber Guyger shooting this person.  She wasn't immediately arrested like some wanted her to be, the Texas Rangers were called in to avoid the accusation of favoritism, but that didn't satisfy some.  The Chief of Police is Black, the District Attorney is Black, but still the accusations is about police shootings and the victim being Black.

But some here want to make it about the police shooting an unarmed Black.

The consensus in the media is that she was in the wrong and the procedures of justice is underway.  Can't we let that play out before the Monday morning quarterbacking?

You are even attempting insert gender bias into this. 

Factually, it is an officer invoved shooting of an unarmed black man. Worse. In his own home. Nobody here is making it into anything. Those are the facts. 

Gender? Not about the shooting itself. I asked a question about the media commentary on this incident.  I think asking a question is far more legitimate than people screaming “fake news! Fake news!”

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 34

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Have they ever called out male police officers? Not saying they are sexist here, but....it’s curious.

What does the reference to male police officers have to do with this case?  Do you have evidence that if she had been male the investigation would be different?  Sounds like an attempt to divert from the topic...

I asked a question. Of course there is no evidence. I’m not attempting to divert from the topic. This is the topic. It’s just not what you want to discuss. Officer-involved shootings of unarmed black men have been a constant in the news at least since Michael Brown was killed in 2014. 

However, it seems like this one columnist writes about police shootings often. So that answers my question. 

Are you assuming it was racially motivated? And Brown had just stolen from a convenience store and went for the cop' gun. This guy was sitting in his home, guilty of nothing - what is the connection. Seems like it is just the usual racist prism of the left.

Ferguson? Undeniably racist. Their entire police force and court system is sick and depraved. And racist in both intent and action. 

https://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/opa/press-releases/attachments/2015/03/04/ferguson_polic...

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 34

@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

Once again, the apologists for police killings are attempting to down play this.    The cop has 4 years experience, not a newby...so that should not be an excuse.    My point being that this was a cop, not a male / female that killed an innocent man for being in his own home.    He was not doing a darn thing wrong.    Make all the excuses you want...this is a cop killing that should not be excused and why football players continue their protest.  

Are you assuming that it was racially motivated?

Hey - a white cop killed an unarmed black man who was in his own apartment and was not breaking any laws.

There unquestionably IS race involved there.

Can "rk" prove there was no racial bias of any sort whatsoever on the part of the female cop confronting a black man?

Of course he can't...

Will we ever know what thoughts were going through her head that caused her to shoot and kill?

Nope - her attorney has already coached her...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 34

@ManicProgressive wrote:

The topic is about Amber Guyger shooting this person.  She wasn't immediately arrested like some wanted her to be, the Texas Rangers were called in to avoid the accusation of favoritism, but that didn't satisfy some.  The Chief of Police is Black, the District Attorney is Black, but still the accusations is about police shootings and the victim being Black.

But some here want to make it about the police shooting an unarmed Black.

The consensus in the media is that she was in the wrong and the procedures of justice is underway.  Can't we let that play out before the Monday morning quarterbacking?

You are even attempting insert gender bias into this. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 34

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Have they ever called out male police officers? Not saying they are sexist here, but....it’s curious.

What does the reference to male police officers have to do with this case?  Do you have evidence that if she had been male the investigation would be different?  Sounds like an attempt to divert from the topic...

However, it seems like this one columnist writes about police shootings often. So that answers my question. 

Are you assuming it was racially motivated? And Brown had just stolen from a convenience store and went for the cop' gun. This guy was sitting in his home, guilty of nothing - what is the connection. Seems like it is just the usual racist prism of the left.

Kudos
Views