From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Conservative National Review Calls out Amber Guyger

Message 21 of 34

@afisher wrote:

Once again, the apologists for police killings are attempting to down play this.    The cop has 4 years experience, not a newby...so that should not be an excuse.    My point being that this was a cop, not a male / female that killed an innocent man for being in his own home.    He was not doing a darn thing wrong.    Make all the excuses you want...this is a cop killing that should not be excused and why football players continue their protest.  

Are you assuming that it was racially motivated?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 34

@afisher wrote:

Once again, the apologists for police killings are attempting to down play this.    The cop has 4 years experience, not a newby...so that should not be an excuse.    My point being that this was a cop, not a male / female that killed an innocent man for being in his own home.    He was not doing a darn thing wrong.    Make all the excuses you want...this is a cop killing that should not be excused and why football players continue their protest.  

Well, I wasn’t trying to be an apologist. We have many police who kill innocent people. But I had a valid question about why most conservative media don’t question police officers in these shootings, yet they questioned this woman. 

I agree no unlawful or excessive use-of-force killing is justified.  All police need to be held to a higher standard than the regular public, because they are uniquely situated to legally deny us our civil rights....including taking a life.

They must be trained well to minimize tragic accidents. And when they do occur, they must be held accountable.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 34

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Have they ever called out male police officers? Not saying they are sexist here, but....it’s curious.

What does the reference to male police officers have to do with this case?  Do you have evidence that if she had been male the investigation would be different?  Sounds like an attempt to divert from the topic...

I asked a question. Of course there is no evidence. I’m not attempting to divert from the topic. This is the topic. It’s just not what you want to discuss. Officer-involved shootings of unarmed black men have been a constant in the news at least since Michael Brown was killed in 2014. 

However, it seems like this one columnist writes about police shootings often. So that answers my question. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 34

@afisher wrote:

Once again, the apologists for police killings are attempting to down play this.    The cop has 4 years experience, not a newby...so that should not be an excuse.   

If you would have read my initial reply to Alferd, before he went into his legalese rant, you would notice that I agreed with him that she wasn't very intelligent by shooting the guy.  She was standing in the only way out (check the floor plans for those apartments) and all she had to do was close the door, use her cell phone and call for assistance.

She didn't even know that he was Black because it was dark with the lights out.  Just an excuse to continue the football kneeling discussion?   Apparently liberals will not miss a chance to further their cause....  what does the football players' protest have to do with this?

Additionally her past shooting a victim indicates she had a problem with judgement.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 34

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 34

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Do you have  - and can post valid evidence that TemperMental67 is incorrect and that for well over three quarters of the last century male police officers have not been clearly misogynistic?

Of course you don't.

Don't be silly - posts like that are very revealing...

Do you enjoy posting in legalese.  This isn't about the gender of police officers, but about this particular officer.  If it was about male police officers also, then why didn't you state that in your first post? 

Bogus - no answer necessary.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 34

@alferdpacker wrote:

Do you have  - and can post valid evidence that TemperMental67 is incorrect and that for well over three quarters of the last century male police officers have not been clearly misogynistic?

Of course you don't.

Do you enjoy posting in legalese.  This isn't about the gender of police officers, but about this particular officer.  If it was about male police officers also, then why didn't you state that in your first post? 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 34

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Have they ever called out male police officers? Not saying they are sexist here, but....it’s curious.

What does the reference to male police officers have to do with this case?  Do you have evidence that if she had been male the investigation would be different?  Sounds like an attempt to divert from the topic...

Of course you don't.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 34

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 34

@ManicProgressive wrote:

How typical - to the left everything is racism, sexism, homophobic, Nazi, etc. etc. etc.

The police officer (a person), got scared and did something stupid. Can it not be approached that way?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors