Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Conservative National Review Calls out Amber Guyger

Message 31 of 34

Have they ever called out male police officers? Not saying they are sexist here, but....it’s curious.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 34

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Amber Guyger Botham Shem Jean Police Shooting: Tragedy Shows Need for Cops to Face Impartial Justice... 

I don't believe that you'll get any argument that her actions was entirely wrong, but I hope that she will get the justice that it appears she deserves.  That will depend on both the Grand Jury and if indicted, the criminal jury.

From the media, it doesn't appear that she is getting any sympathy from the public.

Obviously, she thought at that instant that she was reacting properly, or she wouldn't have fired.

She reacted as her training dictated.

As many aspects of US law enforcement have become more authoritarian and militarized in mindset - there have been increased numbers of unjustified and unjustifiable shooting incidents.

Increased levels of scrutiny and evidence gathering abilities of of dash cams and body cams are helping - both police and citizens are now very aware that if they employ intemperate and improper words and actions, the video record of their speech  and actions will be evidence in court...

Perhaps both police and citizens in possession of a firearm should be required to be wearing a body cam that is turned on and recording whenever they are carrying a firearm.

If the officer had been wearing an operating body cam - things would be cut and dried with no questions...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 34

@alferdpacker wrote:

Amber Guyger Botham Shem Jean Police Shooting: Tragedy Shows Need for Cops to Face Impartial Justice... 

I don't believe that you'll get any argument that her actions was entirely wrong, but I hope that she will get the justice that it appears she deserves.  That will depend on both the Grand Jury and if indicted, the criminal jury.

From the media, it doesn't appear that she is getting any sympathy from the public.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

Conservative National Review Calls out Amber Guyger

Message 34 of 34
Kudos