Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Conservative Econ 101

Message 1 of 11

151 GOP congresscritters are going to face a starving populace, aka their voters base,  by eliminating "poverty programs" including SNAP.    

The  biggest surprise may be how many of those beneficiaries are the non-college-educated whites critical to GOP fortunes. The study found that without accounting for government benefits, the poverty rate stood at nearly 25 percent for working-age white adults in families where no one holds at least a four-year college degree. That represents 14.1 million people in all.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 11

Reaganomics?  Voodoo economics?  Trickle-down economics?  In the end the vast majority of the People within a Nation pay for EVERYTHING that Nation does....whether or not they receive benefits as a trade-off for what they kick-in.  A possible exception that I see is when a specific interest that happens to exist within one Nation is somehow ABLE to exploit some or all of Nations in which they do NOT reside AND pay nothing for their continued existence or benefits they receive there. 

That's called exploitation, folks.  Look it up. 

We pay for what we get....everytime and all the time unless that happens.  Forget all the artificial constructs that create the possibility for 'wink-wink', 'nod-nod' and 'look, look over there' tactics innies use for outies.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 11

sp362:  It looks like the Trump Administration will be pushing supply side economics.  How will that benefit the Country?

It hasn't worked since Reagan rolled it out, and it won't this time either, but that doesn't matter to the main beneficiaries at the top. Until those lower down on the economic ladder connect the dots the scam will be repeated over and over.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 11

jimc91: 

If I were back in college and this "course" were offered, being taught by a liberal democrat, I believe I would steer clear...  BIAS???

Why is it the conservative fall back position to stick fingers in ears and yell LA LA LA LA  at unpleasant truths? It doesn't work.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 11

We can't tank our whole economy to try and save certain industries.   We aren't going to bring back manufacturing like it used to be.  When I was just starting out in the workforce, 16 year old boys could walk down the street to Bethlehem Steel and get a good job, with amazing benefits, and have absolutely no skills to bring to the table.   Those days are gone.    

We have to adapt.  Better, we have to innovate.  By 2030, many people predict that up to half of the types of jobs we hold today will be gone.  When I was a kid, manufacturing and construction were the big blue collar jobs.   Today, one of them is driving.   Deliveries, etc.   Guess what's next to disappear with the advent and proliferation of driverless cars?  

Tariffs don't protect us from technology.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 11

Multiple groups, including Forbes has been writing articles that are concerned about Donald's competence on how the economy actually works.

He recently complained that the GDP was less than zero.      That is pure bs and anyone with even a basic knowledge of economics knows that is wrong.  

The GDP is the total market value of all final goods and services produced by an economy in a period (quarterly or yearly). It can’t be less than zero, by definition.

Are those who support Donald are willing to believe that people can weigh less than zero...that is what they must believe to buy his nonsense that the GDP is less than zero.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 11

jimc91,

It looks like the Trump Administration will be pushing supply side economics.  How will that benefit the Country?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 11

@jimc91 wrote:

If I were back in college and this "course" were offered, being taught by a liberal democrat, I believe I would steer clear...  BIAS???

Agreed.  Some students should start with a psych course to understand words like, "bias".

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 11

@jimc91 wrote:

HA. Unfortunately, this course is being taught real time by the right wing of the Republican party 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 11

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors