Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Congratulations Wisconsin!

Message 11 of 24

@Olderscout66

You consider those wages which I posted from the Journal Sentinal to be below par for the work and area?

Between $24 - $28 an hour depending upon their job with benefits. Per the JS article which I linked - The company will pay 100% of individual health insurance including dental and vision coverage, and 50% of family insurance, according to the review. Employees will get 10 holidays per year, life insurance and a 401(k) plan, the review says.

What competition?  Ever think that other manufacturers in the general area might have to up their wages to keep their employees when this hiring frenzy begins.

Low Unemployment and the availability of more jobs causes businesses to have to hire at higher wages and pay good wages to keep their good employees.  No longer do people have to accept just whatever minimum wage job they can get or work multiple of low wage jobs - if they have the skill set or the learning capabilities they have a change to brighten their future.

From what I have read on the plan (see my JSonline link), this taxpayer investment will reap BIG rewards for the people and their communities in very little time.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 24

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Not contnet to ship 8 million high paying American jobs to Commie China, now the GOPers in Wisconsin have agreed to pick the pockets of their citizens for $4 BILLION to give Commies to open a plant to underpay Wisconsin workers and undercut American businesses who are NOT getting $4 BILLION of their operating expenses paid for by the workers and business owners they compeat against, all thanks to Republican Legislatures voted in with Gerrymanders of incredible size and complexity.

This is how Republicans view "progress" - A process of redistributing money from the middle class to the Oligarchs controlling Corporations, and they care not that said Oligarchs in this instance are Commie Chinese.

Would you rather we sell commies 20% or our uranium resources?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 24

@GailL1 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Gail, I believe that we are not talking about the same thing, are we? I was referring to the Chinese company that is not a manufacturing  corp but a co. that will build roads in WI

You have lost me and this thread too.

??????????????

What does FoxCom  do.?  I believe for what I have read that is a manufacturing company. I do applaud any company that comes to the US and starts a manufacturing plant. But I was reading in this thread that there was a Chinese co. that was coming to WI  to build roads on the tax payer dime. So. where did I go wrong?

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 24

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

Got to spend money to make money - how many will they employ, what is the area like now?

Just can't wait to find out what goodies awaits Amazon from cities going after HQII and new distribution sites.

Think of it as a downpayment on careers, retirement, healthcare and other perks we use in place of actual cash wages - 

Gail  could  you please explain your glee about all of this? I am not sure I understand it.
We have a Chinese corp. come to the US and build something. at a pretty good cost. and that is paid by the citizens of WI. even if they hire the whole population of WI  what is so good about that?

We don't have American corp that could do the same thing ?
Trump is now saying that we are going to see a good transportation bill, does that mean that our roads and bridges will be built by foreign corporations?

Do names like Toyota, Honda, Volkswagen, etc. come to your mind. Many, many facilities here in the U.S., yet I don't believe any are American companies, are they?

Say what you want about Trump (A Republican president), but he's bringing copious jobs back. home. Even an honest Democrat would have to admit that, eh?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 24

@GailL1 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

Got to spend money to make money - how many will they employ, what is the area like now?

Just can't wait to find out what goodies awaits Amazon from cities going after HQII and new distribution sites.

Think of it as a downpayment on careers, retirement, healthcare and other perks we use in place of actual cash wages - 

Gail  could  you please explain your glee about all of this? I am not sure I understand it.
We have a Chinese corp. come to the US and build something. at a pretty good cost. and that is paid by the citizens of WI. even if they hire the whole population of WI  what is so good about that?

Trump is now saying that we are going to see a good transportation bill, does that mean that our roads and bridges will be built by foreign corporations?

You be the judge - highlights are listed below indicating lots of glee!

JSOnline - Foxconn to begin by hiring hundreds of assembly workers in 2018

What does it matter where the origin in the company is - we have tons of foreign companies already here - but this is a very big one.  They pay taxes here on their earnings here and look at all the employees making a good wage with exceptional bnefits. 

• beginning with an assembly-only operation expected to generate billions of dollars in sales even before the company’s massive manufacturing plant in Racine County is built and running.
  • Foxconn expects that assembly work it moves to Wisconsin — presumably to a building the firm already has leased in Mount Pleasant — will be rolling quickly enough to generate more than $200 million in sales next year. That would grow to as much as $1 billion in 2019, and $2 billion in 2020.
  • The projections come from an analysis by the staff of the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. of Foxconn’s plans to build a $10 billion, 13,000-employee flat-screen manufacturing campus in Mount Pleasant.
  • The 22-million-square-foot factory complex to be built just east of I-94 and north of Highway KR will take four to five years to complete, but Foxconn will begin significant hiring much sooner, the review indicates.
  • The company expects to have at least 1,040 employees in Wisconsin by the end of next year, and another 1,040 by the end of 2019.

Many of those likely will be working at the assembly operations that will precede the opening of the main factory. The review shows that Foxconn expects to hire 400 “operators” next year and 399 more in 2019.

•  

Those production workers will be paid an average starting wage of $23.02 an hour. That amounts to $47,881 a year for full-time work. The average wage for production occupations in Wisconsin was $18.05 an hour, or $37,540 a year, as of May 2016, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

• Full-time employees at Foxconn will average $25.90 an hour, or almost $54,000 a year, the company has said.

•  

Of the 13,000 employees projected by the end of 2022, just under 5,000 would be operators, according to the review. Another 3,655 would be “equipment technicians” hired at an average hourly wage of $26.31.

•  

Not quite 3,500 would be classified as some type of engineer, with the remaining 870 in business support functions.

•  

The company will pay 100% of individual health insurance including dental and vision coverage, and 50% of family insurance, according to the review. Employees will get 10 holidays per year, life insurance and a 401(k) plan, the review says.

Oh, Happy Days . . . . . A chicken in every pot !

Making America Great Again-Finally!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 24

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Gail, I believe that we are not talking about the same thing, are we? I was referring to the Chinese company that is not a manufacturing  corp but a co. that will build roads in WI

You have lost me and this thread too.

??????????????

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 24

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 24

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

You be the judge - highlights are listed below indicating lots of glee!

JSOnline - Foxconn to begin by hiring hundreds of assembly workers in 2018

What does it matter where the origin in the company is - we have tons of foreign companies already here - but this is a very big one.  They pay taxes here on their earnings here and look at all the employees making a good wage with exceptional bnefits. 

• beginning with an assembly-only operation expected to generate billions of dollars in sales even before the company’s massive manufacturing plant in Racine County is built and running.
  • Foxconn expects that assembly work it moves to Wisconsin — presumably to a building the firm already has leased in Mount Pleasant — will be rolling quickly enough to generate more than $200 million in sales next year. That would grow to as much as $1 billion in 2019, and $2 billion in 2020.
  • The projections come from an analysis by the staff of the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. of Foxconn’s plans to build a $10 billion, 13,000-employee flat-screen manufacturing campus in Mount Pleasant.
  • The 22-million-square-foot factory complex to be built just east of I-94 and north of Highway KR will take four to five years to complete, but Foxconn will begin significant hiring much sooner, the review indicates.
  • The company expects to have at least 1,040 employees in Wisconsin by the end of next year, and another 1,040 by the end of 2019.

Many of those likely will be working at the assembly operations that will precede the opening of the main factory. The review shows that Foxconn expects to hire 400 “operators” next year and 399 more in 2019.

•  

Those production workers will be paid an average starting wage of $23.02 an hour. That amounts to $47,881 a year for full-time work. The average wage for production occupations in Wisconsin was $18.05 an hour, or $37,540 a year, as of May 2016, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

• Full-time employees at Foxconn will average $25.90 an hour, or almost $54,000 a year, the company has said.

•  

Of the 13,000 employees projected by the end of 2022, just under 5,000 would be operators, according to the review. Another 3,655 would be “equipment technicians” hired at an average hourly wage of $26.31.

•  

Not quite 3,500 would be classified as some type of engineer, with the remaining 870 in business support functions.

•  

The company will pay 100% of individual health insurance including dental and vision coverage, and 50% of family insurance, according to the review. Employees will get 10 holidays per year, life insurance and a 401(k) plan, the review says.

Oh, Happy Days . . . . . A chicken in every pot !

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 24

@GailL1 wrote:

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 24

Not contnet to ship 8 million high paying American jobs to Commie China, now the GOPers in Wisconsin have agreed to pick the pockets of their citizens for $4 BILLION to give Commies to open a plant to underpay Wisconsin workers and undercut American businesses who are NOT getting $4 BILLION of their operating expenses paid for by the workers and business owners they compeat against, all thanks to Republican Legislatures voted in with Gerrymanders of incredible size and complexity.

This is how Republicans view "progress" - A process of redistributing money from the middle class to the Oligarchs controlling Corporations, and they care not that said Oligarchs in this instance are Commie Chinese.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors