Concentration Camps by any other name

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Concentration Camps by any other name

Message 71 of 99

@rk9152 wrote:

Why do you tolerate so much failure in a man who promised you would be "sick of winning"?

i doubt the previously unenployed who now have jobs are 'sick' of his winning.

Well...if employment is your hot button then you must have loved Obama.  No?  How about (actual) trade pacts?  No?  How about improved economy for the U.S.?  No?  Gee, Obama was better at all those things but you prefer Trump who has been riding the Obama train for 3 years.  

What else ya got? 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 99

@Richva wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Anyone that thinks that we have concentration camps on our southern border are not living in the real world....like Ocasio-Cortez and her new green deal. She and her loud mouth are the gift that keeps giving to the Republicans.

Certainly, Trump has been unable to implement the ovens, the gas chambers, and the starvation of the WWII Nazi camps and if that is your definition of a concentration camp then they are not.  However, if you use the Websters definition, these are definitely concentration camp. I suspect AOC did not reach out to you to see if it met your definition, did she? 

Websters definition of concentration camp

: a place where large numbers of people (such as prisoners of war, political prisoners, refugees, or the members of an ethnic or religious minority) are detained or confined under armed guard

The places  we are talking about keep people in the country improperly regardless of minority status until they are deported, Doesn't sound like what Webster had in mind. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 99

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Why should I be nevous about the manufactured and oft repeated eroneous claims from the trump haters?

As to support - i chose him over the competition based on his vision of America which I share - nothing has changed except the opposition has become even more radical.

I can see how you would want a president who offers a vision you can share but liberals have a tougher set of standards. We demand that candidates are effective at implementing that vision as well as articulating it. 

I agree that nothing has changed.  Trump is the most ineffectual, factless individual I have ever read about. Much less who has occupied the presidency. He has accomplished none of his promises which consisted of "I will end X and then accomplish Y".  I admit, he has been KILLER at ending agreements and destroying functioning institutions but not so much on replacing them with ANYTHING. 

Why do you tolerate so much failure in a man who promised you would be "sick of winning"?

How about the farmers who are going broke because of Trump’s incompetence, do you think they like all the ‘winning’?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 99

tRump supporters and advocates of tRump policies are "nice" people - they repeatedly tell us what good, correct, and lovely people they are...

1-lovely-people.jpg

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 99

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Why should I be nevous about the manufactured and oft repeated eroneous claims from the trump haters?

As to support - i chose him over the competition based on his vision of America which I share - nothing has changed except the opposition has become even more radical.

I can see how you would want a president who offers a vision you can share but liberals have a tougher set of standards. We demand that candidates are effective at implementing that vision as well as articulating it. 

I agree that nothing has changed.  Trump is the most ineffectual, factless individual I have ever read about. Much less who has occupied the presidency. He has accomplished none of his promises which consisted of "I will end X and then accomplish Y".  I admit, he has been KILLER at ending agreements and destroying functioning institutions but not so much on replacing them with ANYTHING. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 99

Read this. Hard to believe this is America. Thanks Trump for making normal people want to shower because of what's happening.......and a special thanks to his enablers, they deserve a mention here.

"And then we started to pull the children who had been there the longest to find out just how long children are being kept there. Children described to us that they’ve been there for three weeks or longer. And so, immediately from that population that we were trying to triage, they were filthy dirty, there was mucus on their shirts, the shirts were dirty. We saw breast milk on the shirts. There was food on the shirts, and the pants as well. They told us that they were hungry. They told us that some of them had not showered or had not showered until the day or two days before we arrived. Many of them described that they only brushed their teeth once. This facility knew last week that we were coming. The government knew three weeks ago that we were coming."

"So, in any event, the children told us that nobody’s taking care of them, so that basically the older children are trying to take care of the younger children. The guards are asking the younger children or the older children, “Who wants to take care of this little boy? Who wants to take of this little girl?” and they’ll bring in a two-year-old, a three-year-old, a four-year-old. And then the littlest kids are expected to be taken care of by the older kids, but then some of the oldest children lose interest in it, and little children get handed off to other children. And sometimes we hear about the littlest children being alone by themselves on the floor."

More.............https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/inside-a-texas-building-where-the-government-is-holding-immig...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 99

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I doubt they agree with her - they just seek out any opportunity to dump on the President or those who agree with him, and reasons to type,Hitler, Nazi, or dictator.

True but doen't it make you a bit nervous that there are so many Trump correlations to Hitler, Nazis, and run of the mill dictators?   Frankly, I don't understand your support of this loser. 

The ACH channel had a TV program on yesterday about Hitler rising in Germany, and you saw a lot  of average Germans supporting Hitler. The father of our Space Program worked for Hitler and he could never explain why. People can be really dumb at times, and easy lead. We know from the experts  the far right are easy to lead among other things.

What o your "experts" say about those obsessing over Hitler and Trump hatred.

I probably qualify for your "far right" as a fan of Goldwater and Buckley. I believe in and understand the ideology and base my opinions on that. That is hardly "easy to lead', rather it tends to create hard to break firm beliefs of my own, not someone else's "among other things". What else did your "experts have o say about me?

Maybe Von Braun worked for his nation which was at war, not Hitler - no need for him to explain that to you.

Here we see the far right defending Hitler and one of his supporters. VonBraun had a choice Russia or US, and he took the US and did a lot for us, but he was a Nazi as he held a high post in Germany and its road to missiles. All high ranking people in the German Govt. were members of the Nazi Party. Here is another tidbit for you. When the US freed the death camp people we made the German people who lived in the town near the camp come out and go through them. Quite a few of the German people said they never new what was going on in the camps, even though the camps employed a lot of people from the town. How do I know that. My father was present and heard it, and could never accept what they said. He had photos of the Germans touring the camp. All far right come from the same cloth. By the way Barry Goldwater became very close to being a liberal before he died. He saw the light.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 99

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Anyone that thinks that we have concentration camps on our southern border are not living in the real world....like Ocasio-Cortez and her new green deal. She and her loud mouth are the gift that keeps giving to the Republicans.

Certainly, Trump has been unable to implement the ovens, the gas chambers, and the starvation of the WWII Nazi camps and if that is your definition of a concentration camp then they are not.  However, if you use the Websters definition, these are definitely concentration camp. I suspect AOC did not reach out to you to see if it met your definition, did she? 

Websters definition of concentration camp

: a place where large numbers of people (such as prisoners of war, political prisoners, refugees, or the members of an ethnic or religious minority) are detained or confined under armed guard

36031385_1259234454211355_6900135921920770048_n.jpg
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 99

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I doubt they agree with her - they just seek out any opportunity to dump on the President or those who agree with him, and reasons to type,Hitler, Nazi, or dictator.

True but doen't it make you a bit nervous that there are so many Trump correlations to Hitler, Nazis, and run of the mill dictators?   Frankly, I don't understand your support of this loser. 

The ACH channel had a TV program on yesterday about Hitler rising in Germany, and you saw a lot  of average Germans supporting Hitler. The father of our Space Program worked for Hitler and he could never explain why. People can be really dumb at times, and easy lead. We know from the experts  the far right are easy to lead among other things.

What o your "experts" say about those obsessing over Hitler and Trump hatred.

I probably qualify for your "far right" as a fan of Goldwater and Buckley. I believe in and understand the ideology and base my opinions on that. That is hardly "easy to lead', rather it tends to create hard to break firm beliefs of my own, not someone else's "among other things". What else did your "experts have o say about me?

Maybe Von Braun worked for his nation which was at war, not Hitler - no need for him to explain that to you.

Psychologically fascinating set of disingenuous equivocations...

Too bad none of them are true.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 99

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors