Concentration Camps by any other name

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Concentration Camps by any other name

Message 61 of 99

@KidBoy2 wrote:
MsStretch posted..

Concentration camps or not. Migrants or not. The conditions at the border are horrendous and beyond humanitarian. We, as Americans, should be outraged. We treat our own prisoners better than we do these children and I don't care WHO they belong to. They are not stray dogs! (I wouldn't even treat a stray dog like this.)

==============================================================

Yes, it is a crisis and I read Trump requested more money for the camps or whatever you want to call they but congress has not approved the funds.

That said how can we take care of that many illegal families and single children that are coming in to our country? Got any answers?

He needs to focus on increasing immigration court staff, including judges. 

But he likes showy things like border patrol and walls. Rather than the boring things like judges, who do the work. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 99

Okay, so let’s call them detention camps...immigrants jail...trump’s criminal holding cells...stockyards...trump’s immigrant abuse cages...cages for children...centers for family separation!

Let’s just call them vile and cruel!

@KidBoy2 

So what was trump’s appropriation request? Had not heard of it. And what was the money to be spent on?  His wall!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 99
MsStretch posted..

Concentration camps or not. Migrants or not. The conditions at the border are horrendous and beyond humanitarian. We, as Americans, should be outraged. We treat our own prisoners better than we do these children and I don't care WHO they belong to. They are not stray dogs! (I wouldn't even treat a stray dog like this.)

==============================================================

Yes, it is a crisis and I read Trump requested more money for the camps or whatever you want to call they but congress has not approved the funds.

That said how can we take care of that many illegal families and single children that are coming in to our country? Got any answers?
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 99

@MsStretch wrote:

Concentration camps or not.  Migrants or not.  The conditions at the border are horrendous and beyond humanitarian.  We, as Americans, should be outraged.  We treat our own prisoners better than we do these children and I don't care WHO they belong to.  They are not stray dogs! (I wouldn't even treat a stray dog like this.)

Exactly. We are not responsible for the moral decisions that brought them to our country.

We ARE responsible for how we treat them once they are in our custody. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 99

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Why do you tolerate so much failure in a man who promised you would be "sick of winning"?

i doubt the previously unenployed who now have jobs are 'sick' of his winning.

Well...if employment is your hot button then you must have loved Obama.  No?  How about (actual) trade pacts?  No?  How about improved economy for the U.S.?  No?  Gee, Obama was better at all those things but you prefer Trump who has been riding the Obama train for 3 years.  

What else ya got? 

Gee, i guess you forgot "the new normal" as how he labeled high unemployment.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 99

Concentration camps or not.  Migrants or not.  The conditions at the border are horrendous and beyond humanitarian.  We, as Americans, should be outraged.  We treat our own prisoners better than we do these children and I don't care WHO they belong to.  They are not stray dogs! (I wouldn't even treat a stray dog like this.)

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 99

FDC339D3-1F6E-4050-AD06-F9BC942784D7.jpeg

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 99

Concentration Camps by any other name

Stink just the same

https://www.axios.com/migrant-detention-center-conditions-6a45648a-8fba-4b5e-acfa-5e4ce033aada.html

Texas Republican says conditions in migrant centers are worst he's ever seen

https://www.newsweek.com/ex-hostage-trump-somali-pirates-toothpaste-soap-1445409

EX-HOSTAGE SUGGESTS TRUMP TREATMENT OF MIGRANTS WORSE THAN HIS CAPTORS: 'SOMALI PIRATES GAVE ME TOOTHPASTE AND SOAP'

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/21/us/migrant-children-border-soap.html?fbclid=IwAR1KiRYSp-1P8sNy7aD...

‘There Is a Stench’: No Soap and Overcrowding in Detention Centers for Migrant Children

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/doctor-compares-conditions-immigrant-holding-centers-torture-facilit...

Doctor compares conditions for unaccompanied children at immigrant holding centers to 'torture facilities'

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 99

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Anyone that thinks that we have concentration camps on our southern border are not living in the real world....like Ocasio-Cortez and her new green deal. She and her loud mouth are the gift that keeps giving to the Republicans.

Certainly, Trump has been unable to implement the ovens, the gas chambers, and the starvation of the WWII Nazi camps and if that is your definition of a concentration camp then they are not.  However, if you use the Websters definition, these are definitely concentration camp. I suspect AOC did not reach out to you to see if it met your definition, did she? 

Websters definition of concentration camp

: a place where large numbers of people (such as prisoners of war, political prisoners, refugees, or the members of an ethnic or religious minority) are detained or confined under armed guard

The places  we are talking about keep people in the country improperly regardless of minority status until they are deported, Doesn't sound like what Webster had in mind. 

Not true. Most of the people are applying for asylum in the legal manner under our law, and they are not deported but released into our country to be with their sponsor. Dose not sound like you have any idea what is going on.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 99
con·cen·tra·tion camp
/ˌkänsənˈtrāSHən ˈˌkamp/
noun
a place where large numbers of people, especially political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities, sometimes to provide forced labor or to await mass execution. The term is most strongly associated with the several hundred camps established by the Nazis in Germany and occupied Europe in 1933–45, among the most infamous being Dachau, Belsen, and Auschwitz

============================================

Not what is going on at our southern border.

Its time that people understand that the problem is the large number of illegals that are bring children to our borders and we do not have the facilities to handle them. It was not that way years ago but today we have many on the left that seem to relish what is happening because they can blame Trump...many sick people on the left...they do not care or are doing anything to solve the problem.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors