Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Concentration Camps by any other name

Message 51 of 99

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I wonder if th(sic) STRIB editorial Board considers prisons to be concentration camps. After all people re placed there and kept there as  result of their actions, much like the holding areas for the border crosssers(sic).

Wonder no more rk9152.   Webster:

Concentration Camp:   A guarded compound for the confinement of political prisoners, minorities, etc., especially any of the camps established by the Nazis for the containment and persecution of prisoners.  Applied originally to camps where noncombatants were confined during the Boer war.

So you see, it seems that your "prison" question is answered, no they (prisons) are not concentration camps.        BUT, the camps established for the immigrants (minorities) fall under that definition.  Thanks for asking.

You are most welcome - they arr(sic) where they are based on their actions not based on (minorities).

According to Webster's definition, your prisons are not concentrations camps but the camps housing minority immigrants certainly are. Perhaps you should read the definition once more.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 99
williamb39198 posted...

Dems care. Did trump present an itemized request? And how do the Dems know that trump will not reappropiate (sic)the funds for the wall? And why doesn’t trump use some of the money that he received before. It’s trump that does not care, and does not manage funds properly, or plan ahead.

trump is pushing the Dems to clean up the mess he created.

===============================================

You just showed you, like many Democrats do not want to solve the problem at our border. They want things to go bad so they can blame Trump....I say shame on them.

As far as your posts go I am done answering them...enough is enough.

Bye!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 99

@KidBoy2 

Dems care. Did trump present an itemized request? And how do the Dems know that trump will not reappropiate the funds for the wall? And why doesn’t trump use some of the money that he received before. It’s trump that does not care, and does not manage funds properly, or plan ahead. 

trump is pushing the Dems to clean up the mess he created. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 99

@KidBoy2 wrote:
williamb39198 asked...

So what was trump’s appropriation request? Had not heard of it. And what was the money to be spent on? His wall!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for asking...FYI...

Trump asks Congress for $4.5 billion more in emergency border money
PUBLISHED WED, MAY 1 2019 12:30 PM EDTUPDATED WED, MAY 1 2019 1:53 PM EDT

Parts of the link..

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/24/trump-sanctions-iran-over-downed-drone.html

he White House on Wednesday asked Congress for an additional $4.5 billion in emergency border, a request likely to escalate simmering tensions over immigration.

Citing what it calls a crisis spurred by an influx of migrants at the southern border, the Trump administration pushed for $3.3 billion in humanitarian assistance, $1.1 billion for border operations and $178 million for mission support. The money is separate from the $8.6 billion the White House already sought for the president’s proposed border wall in its fiscal 2020 budget.

“I urge the Congress to take swift action to provide the additional funding requested to address the humanitarian and border security crisis at the United States southern border,” acting budget director Russ Vought wrote in asking for the money.

Officials also confirmed Wednesday that the funds included in this supplemental budgetary request would not be used for construction of a border wall.

Democrats, who control the House and have fought Trump’s immigration policy, will likely oppose the new funding. The House Appropriations Committee will review the request, but some provisions within it — such as a proposal for more Immigration and Customs Enforcement detention beds — do not have Democratic support, a House Democratic aide said.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I do not know what happened to that request but it sounds like the Democrats do not care about taking care of the problem.

The  question is why Trump went this route? He could have shown himself to be so so compassionate but he sent the request over to the Congress he has shown cannot accomplsh anything.  Wonder why that is?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 99
williamb39198 asked...

So what was trump’s appropriation request? Had not heard of it. And what was the money to be spent on? His wall!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for asking...FYI...

Parts of the link..

he White House on Wednesday asked Congress for an additional $4.5 billion in emergency border, a request likely to escalate simmering tensions over immigration.

Citing what it calls a crisis spurred by an influx of migrants at the southern border, the Trump administration pushed for $3.3 billion in humanitarian assistance, $1.1 billion for border operations and $178 million for mission support. The money is separate from the $8.6 billion the White House already sought for the president’s proposed border wall in its fiscal 2020 budget.

“I urge the Congress to take swift action to provide the additional funding requested to address the humanitarian and border security crisis at the United States southern border,” acting budget director Russ Vought wrote in asking for the money.

Officials also confirmed Wednesday that the funds included in this supplemental budgetary request would not be used for construction of a border wall.

Democrats, who control the House and have fought Trump’s immigration policy, will likely oppose the new funding. The House Appropriations Committee will review the request, but some provisions within it — such as a proposal for more Immigration and Customs Enforcement detention beds — do not have Democratic support, a House Democratic aide said.

I do not know what happened to that request but it sounds like the Democrats do not care about taking care of the problem.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 99

@KidBoy2 wrote:
MsStretch posted..

Are you refering to H.R 3401? Vote upcoming. It's a House bill though, not a Trump request.

If I had answers, I could be president. But still no excuse for letting detention center conditions deteriorate like they have. The CBP has been warning of being overwhelmed for months, and yet the 'magic answer' has been the need for additional funds to put up a wall and threatening Mexico to keep the immigrants on their side to make it 'NOT our problem'. Well, that didn't work and it IS our problem. Make America great again? Yeah, good job. (*disgusted*)

==========================================================

No not H.R 3401...

Parts of the link..

The  question is why Trump went this route? He could have shown himself to be so so compassionate but he sent the request over to the Congress he has shown cannot accomplsh anything.  Wonder why that is?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 99
MsStretch posted..

Are you refering to H.R 3401? Vote upcoming. It's a House bill though, not a Trump request.

If I had answers, I could be president. But still no excuse for letting detention center conditions deteriorate like they have. The CBP has been warning of being overwhelmed for months, and yet the 'magic answer' has been the need for additional funds to put up a wall and threatening Mexico to keep the immigrants on their side to make it 'NOT our problem'. Well, that didn't work and it IS our problem. Make America great again? Yeah, good job. (*disgusted*)

==========================================================

No not H.R 3401...

Parts of the link..

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 99

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Yes, it is a crisis and I read Trump requested more money for the camps or whatever you want to call they but congress has not approved the funds.

That said how can we take care of that many illegal families and single children that are coming in to our country? Got any answers?

How odd that Trump was able to re-direct funds  to build a wall under an executive order yet he is completely dependent upon Congress for funds to humanely house "those brown people".   

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 99

@KidBoy2 wrote:
MsStretch posted..

Concentration camps or not. Migrants or not. The conditions at the border are horrendous and beyond humanitarian. We, as Americans, should be outraged. We treat our own prisoners better than we do these children and I don't care WHO they belong to. They are not stray dogs! (I wouldn't even treat a stray dog like this.)

==============================================================

Yes, it is a crisis and I read Trump requested more money for the camps or whatever you want to call they but congress has not approved the funds.

That said how can we take care of that many illegal families and single children that are coming in to our country? Got any answers?

How about doing what worked for the previous 50+ years?

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 99

@KidBoy2 wrote:
MsStretch posted..

Concentration camps or not. Migrants or not. The conditions at the border are horrendous and beyond humanitarian. We, as Americans, should be outraged. We treat our own prisoners better than we do these children and I don't care WHO they belong to. They are not stray dogs! (I wouldn't even treat a stray dog like this.)

==============================================================

Are you refering to H.R 3401?  Vote upcoming.  It's a House bill though, not a Trump request.

If I had answers, I could be president.  But still no excuse for letting detention center conditions deteriorate like they have.   The CBP has been warning of being overwhelmed for months, and yet the 'magic answer' has been the need for additional funds to put up a wall and threatening Mexico to keep the immigrants on their side to make it 'NOT our problem'.  Well, that didn't work and it IS our problem.  Make America great again?  Yeah, good job. (*disgusted*)

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22