Join Dr. Catherine Alicia Georges and Amy Goyer at 10:15 a.m. ET Wednesday for an AARP telephone town hall on family caregiving issues. Register here.

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Concentration Camps by any other name

Message 41 of 99

@KidBoy2 wrote:
MsStretch posted..

Are you refering to H.R 3401? Vote upcoming. It's a House bill though, not a Trump request.

If I had answers, I could be president. But still no excuse for letting detention center conditions deteriorate like they have. The CBP has been warning of being overwhelmed for months, and yet the 'magic answer' has been the need for additional funds to put up a wall and threatening Mexico to keep the immigrants on their side to make it 'NOT our problem'. Well, that didn't work and it IS our problem. Make America great again? Yeah, good job. (*disgusted*)

==========================================================

No not H.R 3401...

Trump asks Congress for $4.5 billion more in emergency border money
PUBLISHED WED, MAY 1 2019 12:30 PM EDTUPDATED WED, MAY 1 2019 1:53 PM EDT

Parts of the link..

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/24/trump-sanctions-iran-over-downed-drone.html

The link leads to a CNBC story about Trump sanctions on Iran.

However, I think I found the bill you refer to -- H.R.3056 - Border Crisis Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2019. Again the link for the House bill -- H.R.3401 - Emergency Supplemental Appropriations for Humanitarian Assistance and Security at the Sou.... Both bills designate emergency funding, but HR 3056 makes the stipulation "that the amount provided under this heading shall be available only if the President designates such amount as being for an emergency requirement"; HR 3401 makes no such stipulation, instead stating the funds provided are "designated as emergency spending, which is exempt from discretionary spending limits".

HR 3056 also provides funds to the Army, Marine Corps, Air Force, and National Guard "for necessary expenses to respond to the significant rise in unaccompanied minors and family unit aliens at the southwest border and related activities".  That sounds a little scary -- calling in the military to deal with the families and minors.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 99

@KidBoy2 wrote:
williamb39198 posted...

Dems care. Did trump present an itemized request? And how do the Dems know that trump will not reappropiate (sic)the funds for the wall? And why doesn’t trump use some of the money that he received before. It’s trump that does not care, and does not manage funds properly, or plan ahead.

trump is pushing the Dems to clean up the mess he created.

===============================================

You just showed you, like many Democrats do not want to solve the problem at our border. They want things to go bad so they can blame Trump....I say shame on them.

As far as your posts go I am done answering them...enough is enough.

Bye!

I got news for you KidBoy2, things are bad because trump had months to prepare for the number immigrants coming to our border, he had months of notice, he did nothing but keep making ridiculous request for $Billions$ for his vanity wall.  Enough is enough.

Bye!

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 99

@KidBoy2 wrote:
williamb39198 asked...

So what was trump’s appropriation request? Had not heard of it. And what was the money to be spent on? His wall!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for asking...FYI...

Trump asks Congress for $4.5 billion more in emergency border money
PUBLISHED WED, MAY 1 2019 12:30 PM EDTUPDATED(sic) WED, MAY 1 2019 1:53 PM EDT

Parts of the link..

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/24/trump-sanctions-iran-over-downed-drone.html

he(sic) White House on Wednesday asked Congress for an additional $4.5 billion in emergency border, a request likely to escalate simmering tensions over immigration.

Citing what it calls a crisis spurred by an influx of migrants at the southern border, the Trump administration pushed for $3.3 billion in humanitarian assistance, $1.1 billion for border operations and $178 million for mission support. The money is separate from the $8.6 billion the White House already sought for the president’s proposed border wall in its fiscal 2020 budget.

“I urge the Congress to take swift action to provide the additional funding requested to address the humanitarian and border security crisis at the United States southern border,” acting budget director Russ Vought wrote in asking for the money.

Officials also confirmed Wednesday that the funds included in this supplemental budgetary request would not be used for construction of a border wall.

Democrats, who control the House and have fought Trump’s immigration policy, will likely oppose the new funding. The House Appropriations Committee will review the request, but some provisions within it — such as a proposal for more Immigration and Customs Enforcement detention beds — do not have Democratic support, a House Democratic aide said.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I do not know what happened to that request but it sounds like the Democrats do not care about taking care of the problem.

Actually and in reality is sounds like trump and his administration "didn't and don't care about taking care of the problem". While trump was busy doing Executive Orders, he could have made an Executive Order before the immigrants made it to our border to prepare for the numbers that were coming ............ better and adequate housing and personnel to process the immigrants.  Oh ......... but that would be sane, humanitarian, and rational, none of which are traits of the fat vile man in the White House.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 99

@KidBoy2 wrote:
MsStretch posted..

Concentration camps or not. Migrants or not. The conditions at the border are horrendous and beyond humanitarian. We, as Americans, should be outraged. We treat our own prisoners better than we do these children and I don't care WHO they belong to. They are not stray dogs! (I wouldn't even treat a stray dog like this.)

==============================================================

Yes, it is a crisis and I read Trump requested more money for the camps or whatever you want to call they but congress has not approved the funds.

That said how can we take care of that many illegal families and single children that are coming in to our country? Got any answers?

He requested money for his vanity wall.  Trump and his administration knew for months that these people were coming and did nothing to prepare for it. Why didn't they?  Got any answers?  Oh, I forgot, once the finally got here they built concentration style camps fo keep them in under horrid conditions sometimes resulting in death.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 99

@KidBoy2 wrote:
con·cen·tra·tion camp
/ˌkänsənˈtrāSHən ˈˌkamp/
noun
a place where large numbers of people, especially political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities, sometimes to provide forced labor or to await mass execution. The term is most strongly associated with the several hundred camps established by the Nazis in Germany and occupied Europe in 1933–45, among the most infamous being Dachau, Belsen, and Auschwitz

============================================

Not what is going on at our southern border.

Its time that people understand that the problem is the large number of illegals that are bring children to our borders and we do not have the facilities to handle them. It was not that way years ago but today we have many on the left that seem to relish what is happening because they can blame Trump...many sick people on the left...they do not care or are doing anything to solve the problem.

For months trump and his administration knew these folks were coming yet they did nothing to prepare for it. Once the immigrants made it to our border, they finally built concentration style camps to put them in where they were given horrid conditions sometimes resulting in death. They are the ones who "do not care" and are not "doing anything to solve the problem" (except build concentration style camps).

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 99

@rk9152 wrote:

i doubt the previously unenployed who now have jobs are 'sick' of his winning.

Trying to distract from children being kept in horrendous conditions within concentration camps ?????   

It's not working.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 99

Actually, I think AOC should have called them Trump Hotels.  Now THERE is a name for the camps we can get behind.  The reporters who visited the camps found that the children had not been allowed to bathe and had no clean clothes. They sleep on concrete floors with the lights on all night. There are outbreaks of lice and flu. Mot...  

The Trump administration is arguing that soap and toothbrushes should not be mandated.  

I think TRUMP HOSPITALITY FACILITIES would be a great name for these camps.  Don't you? 

After government lawyers argued in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco this week that amenities such as soap and toothbrushes should not be mandated under the legal settlement originally agreed to between the government and migrant families in 1997 and amended several times since then, all three judges voiced dismay.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 99

@KidBoy2 wrote:
williamb39198 posted...

Dems care. Did trump present an itemized request? And how do the Dems know that trump will not reappropiate (sic)the funds for the wall? And why doesn’t trump use some of the money that he received before. It’s trump that does not care, and does not manage funds properly, or plan ahead.

trump is pushing the Dems to clean up the mess he created.

===============================================

You just showed you, like many Democrats do not want to solve the problem at our border. They want things to go bad so they can blame Trump....I say shame on them.

As far as your posts go I am done answering them...enough is enough.

Bye!

This is a Trump created problem. Congress members are telling all this evening why they do not want to give him more money until there are more controls. Trump will do with the money what he has always done with money waste it, use it for what he wants not what is was given for. He has been through 5 or 6 bankruptcies and his treatment of Fed. funds so far has been no different. How much has been taken by his Cabinet appointees who were forced to quit. He stole millions from the military for the border. Where did that go? Lets adult the spending at the border so far. Want to bet there is already money to fix this problem available. He gave millions to 2 brothers from Brazil in the form of farm reimb. for Tariffs, and these 2 have been known crooks. Dictators do what they want with money, and trump has lived up to that so far. The answer take control of money away from Trump and his crooks on this issue. Have some honest people appointed by Congress to fix the current problem with the children and control the money. Make Trump return the money to the Military he stole. Then get rid of Trump in 2020 and solve the problem for good with honest people incharge, and the Trump mob gone.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 99

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Wake up America and see what the likes of Ocasio-Cortez are doing to our country. It's scary and we have the same ignorant posters that agree with her.

AOC just came into office, she is a young freshman. She hasn't done anything "to our country", hasn't introduced a bill that has even gotten voted on.

Gee, I'm glad you got to call some posters "ignorant".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 99

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I wonder if th(sic) STRIB editorial Board considers prisons to be concentration camps. After all people re placed there and kept there as  result of their actions, much like the holding areas for the border crosssers(sic).

Wonder no more rk9152.   Webster:

Concentration Camp:   A guarded compound for the confinement of political prisoners, minorities, etc., especially any of the camps established by the Nazis for the containment and persecution of prisoners.  Applied originally to camps where noncombatants were confined during the Boer war.

So you see, it seems that your "prison" question is answered, no they are not concentration camps.        BUT, the camps established for the immigrants (minorities) fall under that definition.  Thanks for asking.

You are most welcome - they arr where they are based on their actions not based on (minorities).

No. They are where they are because of the incompetence of the Trump administration and its pervasive racism.  If these people had come over from Norway we would not have a single family in a camp of any kind. 

Typically you are thinking in racist terms and assigning your thinking to others.

When there are large numbers of people gaming the system that the Congress refuses to fix, they must be kept somewhere until their situation is resolved. Hence, a "concentration of people in a "place" not "camp"

The Democrats just got a majority in the House. Prior to that the Republicans controlled both the House and Senate, for almost 8 years. Blame McConnell, the Republicans and trump, he had the opportunity before the Dems took control of the House

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs