Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
245
Views

Re: Comparing Stock Markets Under Recent Presidents

245 Views
Message 11 of 38

@Olderscout66 wrote:

 


@JANMB wrote:

Last year our TARIFF DEFICIT was HIGHER.


money.cnn.com/2015/10/28/investing/stock-market-democrats-republicans/index.html

Democrats have been better for the stock market Since 1945, the average annual gain under a Democratic president is 9.7%. Under a Republican president, it's only been 6.7%,  

Remember CNBC the stock market channel and Jim Cramer.   He admitted that a few uber wealthy can control the markets they have so much money in them....and depends who they think will run the economy better. 


What you have to remember is the Stock Market is a measure of how really rich people think things are going for them. The top 1% ownes 60% of all the stocks being traded, the bottom 90% ownes 19%, and most of that is in retirement funds.

 

Adding 60% and 19% gives 79% (by higher mathematics).  So, are you the owner of the 21% of the stocks?  It seems you have been caught making up numbers again!  Please post a link to your sources.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
245
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
226
Views

Re: Comparing Stock Markets Under Recent Presidents

226 Views
Message 12 of 38

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

I compiled a bunch of data on economic well being when Obama left office. Across the board, the economy is better off after Democrats have been in office. For everyone. Not perfect. But better. It will be interesting to add numbers to it after Trump’s first (and hopefully last) term.

 

But if a recession hits now, it’s 100% his making. We went from slow but steady growth at the end of Obama’s term to a crazy roller coaster ride. We shall see how it plays out. 


I thought all the liberals were claiming Obama was responsible for all the gain in the stock market from 2016 on? 

Yup .... Trump has been riding on the coat tails of President Obama's successful economic recovery!

 

Now that the stock market tanks for a few days, it's Trumps fault?

That's correct.

Trump's asinine tariffs are rendering economic chaos and uncertainty as well as eating away the paltry tax cut some middle class Americans received while adding additional financial burden to middle class Americans who saw their taxes increase under Trump's tax scam!!!

 

Liberals have to get their act together.

Actually, ALL Americans "have to get their act together" and make sure Trump is removed from office ASAP!!!


More nonsense from the left!

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
226
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
242
Views

Re: Comparing Stock Markets Under Recent Presidents

242 Views
Message 13 of 38

 


@JANMB wrote:

Last year our TARIFF DEFICIT was HIGHER.


money.cnn.com/2015/10/28/investing/stock-market-democrats-republicans/index.html

Democrats have been better for the stock market Since 1945, the average annual gain under a Democratic president is 9.7%. Under a Republican president, it's only been 6.7%,  

Remember CNBC the stock market channel and Jim Cramer.   He admitted that a few uber wealthy can control the markets they have so much money in them....and depends who they think will run the economy better. 


What you have to remember is the Stock Market is a measure of how really rich people think things are going for them. The top 1% ownes 60% of all the stocks being traded, the bottom 90% ownes 19%, and most of that is in retirement funds.

 

So when the lying sack ToadPOTUS talks up the stock prices, he's telling you how his programs have benefited the Uberrich, which is TRILLIONS as opposed to what he's done for the bottom 90%, which is redistributed more of their income and wealth to the top 1%, while raising their taxes by eliminating important deductions that were available to the middle class - Truckers lost thousands on each return filed last year, and the rest of us  with kids will see a loss of service and increases in costs that once were free, like school textbooks and participation in athletics and everybody will pay more for car repairs because of the roads donny ISN'T going to fix.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
242
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
246
Views

Re: Comparing Stock Markets Under Recent Presidents

246 Views
Message 14 of 38

@cm9889168 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:


CT posted...

Don't you love it when Kidboy ask questions and then answers them himself?

========================================================

I posted to JANMB.... "I will ask you, like I asked CT why? Do you know? CT did not know."

I posted to you.."Yes they were. Do you understand why? Think about that and get back to me if you want"

You and JANMB did not answer my question as to why the stock market was higher under Obama and Clinton than Bush. I wonder why.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Still no answer from CT or JANMB.

I will help them out. There are lot of reasons but the big ones were....

--Under Clinton we had the do com boom that ended as Clinton let office...as he was leaving the market was going down.

--So Bush came in with the market going down (no fault of him) then there was 9/11...remember?

--The so called recession under Bush ended as Obama came into office...the market was ready for a rebound ..

--The bottom line is its about being in the right place at the right time. It not necessarily a Republican or Democratic thing .

So CT I answered the question that you and JANMB could not or did not want to answer for some reason.


You forgot that the national debt was going down when Bush came in as a result of what Clinton did. The experts in the area were telling all the national debt could become to small and that would not be good for the economy as it was a tool that could be used if a downturn came about. Bush had tax cuts that were not paid for so he ended the national debt going down. Bush then took us to war in Iraq based on lies which he never paid for. It went to the National debt. The Bush recession did not end when Bush left Office. Bush through his Sec. of Treasury and the President of NY Fed reserve (He became Obama Sec. of Treasury) drew up that plan, and the Reb. in Congress killed it. Bush then went to the Dems in Congress who joined with some Reb. and it passed. Obama had to pass a follow up bill after he took office which killed the Bush recession, and Obama then built up the economy until Trump came into Office, and now we see how Trumps ideas worked. Depression or recession on the way. Time will tell.   Looks like you did not answer  their questions correctly.


 

National Debt Increase

  • Obama added $8.335 trillion to the public debt – more than any modern president
  • In 2001, the public debt was 54% of GDP. By 2009, it had increased to 77%
  • The Medicare Part D Bill was passed reduce the cost of prescription drugs. This added billions to the debt but slowed the cost of Medicare

Debt-to-GDP ratio

  • The debt-to-GDP ratio grew enormously from 77% to 105%

"Pres Obama bombed more nations than any president since Truman and Roosevelt."


You end a recession by the Govt. increasing spending to support the economy. That has always ended them. Bush started the increase in govt spending, and that is why the reb. voted it down when it was first introduced. It passed the 2nd time due to dem, and Reb. who understand economics. As I said it took a second round of govt spending to get us really moving again.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
246
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
256
Views

Re: Comparing Stock Markets Under Recent Presidents

256 Views
Message 15 of 38

@john258 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:


CT posted...

Don't you love it when Kidboy ask questions and then answers them himself?

========================================================

I posted to JANMB.... "I will ask you, like I asked CT why? Do you know? CT did not know."

I posted to you.."Yes they were. Do you understand why? Think about that and get back to me if you want"

You and JANMB did not answer my question as to why the stock market was higher under Obama and Clinton than Bush. I wonder why.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Still no answer from CT or JANMB.

I will help them out. There are lot of reasons but the big ones were....

--Under Clinton we had the do com boom that ended as Clinton let office...as he was leaving the market was going down.

--So Bush came in with the market going down (no fault of him) then there was 9/11...remember?

--The so called recession under Bush ended as Obama came into office...the market was ready for a rebound ..

--The bottom line is its about being in the right place at the right time. It not necessarily a Republican or Democratic thing .

So CT I answered the question that you and JANMB could not or did not want to answer for some reason.


You forgot that the national debt was going down when Bush came in as a result of what Clinton did. The experts in the area were telling all the national debt could become to small and that would not be good for the economy as it was a tool that could be used if a downturn came about. Bush had tax cuts that were not paid for so he ended the national debt going down. Bush then took us to war in Iraq based on lies which he never paid for. It went to the National debt. The Bush recession did not end when Bush left Office. Bush through his Sec. of Treasury and the President of NY Fed reserve (He became Obama Sec. of Treasury) drew up that plan, and the Reb. in Congress killed it. Bush then went to the Dems in Congress who joined with some Reb. and it passed. Obama had to pass a follow up bill after he took office which killed the Bush recession, and Obama then built up the economy until Trump came into Office, and now we see how Trumps ideas worked. Depression or recession on the way. Time will tell.   Looks like you did not answer  their questions correctly.


 

National Debt Increase

  • Obama added $8.335 trillion to the public debt – more than any modern president
  • In 2001, the public debt was 54% of GDP. By 2009, it had increased to 77%
  • The Medicare Part D Bill was passed reduce the cost of prescription drugs. This added billions to the debt but slowed the cost of Medicare

Debt-to-GDP ratio

  • The debt-to-GDP ratio grew enormously from 77% to 105%

"Pres Obama bombed more nations than any president since Truman and Roosevelt."

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
256
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
265
Views

Re: Comparing Stock Markets Under Recent Presidents

265 Views
Message 16 of 38

@KidBoy2 wrote:


CT posted...

Don't you love it when Kidboy ask questions and then answers them himself?

========================================================

I posted to JANMB.... "I will ask you, like I asked CT why? Do you know? CT did not know."

I posted to you.."Yes they were. Do you understand why? Think about that and get back to me if you want"

You and JANMB did not answer my question as to why the stock market was higher under Obama and Clinton than Bush. I wonder why.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Still no answer from CT or JANMB.

I will help them out. There are lot of reasons but the big ones were....

--Under Clinton we had the do com boom that ended as Clinton let office...as he was leaving the market was going down.

--So Bush came in with the market going down (no fault of him) then there was 9/11...remember?

--The so called recession under Bush ended as Obama came into office...the market was ready for a rebound ..

--The bottom line is its about being in the right place at the right time. It not necessarily a Republican or Democratic thing .

So CT I answered the question that you and JANMB could not or did not want to answer for some reason.


You forgot that the national debt was going down when Bush came in as a result of what Clinton did. The experts in the area were telling all the national debt could become to small and that would not be good for the economy as it was a tool that could be used if a downturn came about. Bush had tax cuts that were not paid for so he ended the national debt going down. Bush then took us to war in Iraq based on lies which he never paid for. It went to the National debt. The Bush recession did not end when Bush left Office. Bush through his Sec. of Treasury and the President of NY Fed reserve (He became Obama Sec. of Treasury) drew up that plan, and the Reb. in Congress killed it. Bush then went to the Dems in Congress who joined with some Reb. and it passed. Obama had to pass a follow up bill after he took office which killed the Bush recession, and Obama then built up the economy until Trump came into Office, and now we see how Trumps ideas worked. Depression or recession on the way. Time will tell.   Looks like you did not answer  their questions correctly.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
265
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
265
Views

Re: Comparing Stock Markets Under Recent Presidents

265 Views
Message 17 of 38


CT posted...

Don't you love it when Kidboy ask questions and then answers them himself?

========================================================

I posted to JANMB.... "I will ask you, like I asked CT why? Do you know? CT did not know."

I posted to you.."Yes they were. Do you understand why? Think about that and get back to me if you want"

You and JANMB did not answer my question as to why the stock market was higher under Obama and Clinton than Bush. I wonder why.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Still no answer from CT or JANMB.

I will help them out. There are lot of reasons but the big ones were....

--Under Clinton we had the do com boom that ended as Clinton let office...as he was leaving the market was going down.

--So Bush came in with the market going down (no fault of him) then there was 9/11...remember?

--The so called recession under Bush ended as Obama came into office...the market was ready for a rebound ..

--The bottom line is its about being in the right place at the right time. It not necessarily a Republican or Democratic thing .

So CT I answered the question that you and JANMB could not or did not want to answer for some reason.

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (3)
0
Kudos
265
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
284
Views

Re: Comparing Stock Markets Under Recent Presidents

284 Views
Message 18 of 38

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

I compiled a bunch of data on economic well being when Obama left office. Across the board, the economy is better off after Democrats have been in office. For everyone. Not perfect. But better. It will be interesting to add numbers to it after Trump’s first (and hopefully last) term.

 

But if a recession hits now, it’s 100% his making. We went from slow but steady growth at the end of Obama’s term to a crazy roller coaster ride. We shall see how it plays out. 


I thought all the liberals were claiming Obama was responsible for all the gain in the stock market from 2016 on? 

Yup .... Trump has been riding on the coat tails of President Obama's successful economic recovery!

 

Now that the stock market tanks for a few days, it's Trumps fault?

That's correct.

Trump's asinine tariffs are rendering economic chaos and uncertainty as well as eating away the paltry tax cut some middle class Americans received while adding additional financial burden to middle class Americans who saw their taxes increase under Trump's tax scam!!!

 

Liberals have to get their act together.

Actually, ALL Americans "have to get their act together" and make sure Trump is removed from office ASAP!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
284
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
271
Views

Re: Comparing Stock Markets Under Recent Presidents

271 Views
Message 19 of 38

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

I compiled a bunch of data on economic well being when Obama left office. Across the board, the economy is better off after Democrats have been in office. For everyone. Not perfect. But better. It will be interesting to add numbers to it after Trump’s first (and hopefully last) term.

 

But if a recession hits now, it’s 100% his making. We went from slow but steady growth at the end of Obama’s term to a crazy roller coaster ride. We shall see how it plays out. 


I thought all the liberals were claiming Obama was responsible for all the gain in the stock market from 2016 on?  Now that the stock market tanks for a few days, it's Trumps fault?

 

Liberals have to get their act together.


There is a up to about a 2 year lag in economics. We now see the screaming signs of a world wide recession, and the experts  tell us it would hit full force in up to about 2 years. It took us 4 years to get out of the last recession, and then Obama had 4 years to build the economy and did. That lasted 6 years with the last 2 years of it under trump who was sowing the seeds of the next recession or depression. Most colleges have very good courses in economics and I would really suggest everyone take some courses in that subject. If they did it would help in times like these, and we would never get a Trump type for President again.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
271
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
312
Views

Re: Comparing Stock Markets Under Recent Presidents

312 Views
Message 20 of 38

@ManicProgressive wrote:

I compiled a bunch of data on economic well being when Obama left office. Across the board, the economy is better off after Democrats have been in office. For everyone. Not perfect. But better. It will be interesting to add numbers to it after Trump’s first (and hopefully last) term.

 

But if a recession hits now, it’s 100% his making. We went from slow but steady growth at the end of Obama’s term to a crazy roller coaster ride. We shall see how it plays out. 


I thought all the liberals were claiming Obama was responsible for all the gain in the stock market from 2016 on?  Now that the stock market tanks for a few days, it's Trumps fault?

 

Liberals have to get their act together.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
312
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.


multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors