Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Comparing Stock Markets Under Recent Presidents

Message 1 of 38

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@JANMB wrote:

. Without a link, no one   should believe those fake facts.     

In response to the above I don't know who needs LINKS but happy to provide one.     

www.cnbc.com/2017/11/02/stocks-are-high-but-investor-numbers-are-low.html

According to the latest Gallup poll of American households, only 54 percent own stocks, down from 62 percent before the financial crisis. And many of the households only own small amounts of stock.

Thank you for posting the link proving both Scout and Snoopy were wrong about the "facts"!

Since I made no determination or suggestion about the information provided by Scout I was not wrong about the facts. Unless, of course, you do not believe that 100 - 1- 90 = 9.

The above cite does not prove or disprove Scout’s post. It presents something different.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 38

@JANMB wrote:

According to the latest Gallup poll of American households, only 54 percent own stocks, down from 62 percent before the financial crisis. And many of the households only own small amounts of stock.

Thank you for posting the link proving both Scout and Snoopy were wrong about the "facts"!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Comparing Stock Markets Under Recent Presidents

Message 3 of 38

This is one of those rare moments when I essentially agree with Kidboy who said, "The bottom line is its about being in the right place at the right time. It not necessarily a Republican or Democratic thing"

Having said the above, that isn't the case today. The stock market has been incredibly volatile the past 2 1/2 years because we have a mentally unstable president. He changes his mind again and again, he makes up policies on the fly, and essentially is an unknown quantity. One day the trade war is on, the next day he talks about an agreement. There's one element most investors want in the market and that is stability. 

Trump is the exact opposite, he's an unstable man.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 38

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 38
Comparing Stock Markets Under Recent Presidents

One thing posters on the left do not seem to want to understand is the REASONS why the stock market goes up or down.

Again...

--there are many reasons why a market goes up or down but there are always big reasons like these...

--Under Clinton we had the do com boom that ended as Clinton let office...as he was leaving the market was going down.

--So Bush came in with the market going down (no fault of him) then there was 9/11...remember?

--The so called recession under Bush ended as Obama came into office...the market was ready for a rebound ..

--The bottom line is its about being in the right place at the right time. It not necessarily a Republican or Democratic thing .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 38

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@JANMB wrote:

Last year our TARIFF DEFICIT was HIGHER.

money.cnn.com/2015/10/28/investing/stock-market-democrats-republicans/index.html

Democrats have been better for the stock market Since 1945, the average annual gain under a Democratic president is 9.7%. Under a Republican president, it's only been 6.7%,  

Remember CNBC the stock market channel and Jim Cramer.   He admitted that a few uber wealthy can control the markets they have so much money in them....and depends who they think will run the economy better. 

What you have to remember is the Stock Market is a measure of how really rich people think things are going for them. The top 1% ownes 60% of all the stocks being traded, the bottom 90% ownes 19%, and most of that is in retirement funds.

Adding 60% and 19% gives 79% (by higher mathematics).  So, are you the owner of the 21% of the stocks?  It seems you have been caught making up numbers again!  Please post a link to your sources.

I see you failed higher mathematics yourself.

I see you failed common sense.  Without a link, no one (not even you) should believe those fake facts.

I don’t care whether the information is true or not 1% and 90% still leaves 9% to cover the remaining 21% of the stock ownership. Before I accept any claimed facts I will do my own due diligence to satisfy myself whether to believe what is posted whether posted with a link or not.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 38

Note to current WH regime supporters:      The stocks are but one part of measuring economy, yes?    Did you sleep through the inversion?    Did you miss that the sale of 30 yr bonds was uninspiring?   Did you miss the "been there done that" gambit to float the idea of 50-100 year bonds - which IMO moves the US into faux make us great again to a trust us ad infinitum because debt never has to be paid sort of country like other failed nations?  

The "been there done that" was written by Tyler Cowen - a mouth piece of the RW, ICYMI.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 38

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@JANMB wrote:

money.cnn.com/2015/10/28/investing/stock-market-democrats-republicans/index.html

Democrats have been better for the stock market Since 1945, the average annual gain under a Democratic president is 9.7%. Under a Republican president, it's only been 6.7%,  

Remember CNBC the stock market channel and Jim Cramer.   He admitted that a few uber wealthy can control the markets they have so much money in them....and depends who they think will run the economy better. 

What you have to remember is the Stock Market is a measure of how really rich people think things are going for them. The top 1% ownes 60% of all the stocks being traded, the bottom 90% ownes 19%, and most of that is in retirement funds.

Adding 60% and 19% gives 79% (by higher mathematics).  So, are you the owner of the 21% of the stocks?  It seems you have been caught making up numbers again!  Please post a link to your sources.

I see you failed common sense.  Without a link, no one (not even you) should believe those fake facts.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 38

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@JANMB wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 38

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

I compiled a bunch of data on economic well being when Obama left office. Across the board, the economy is better off after Democrats have been in office. For everyone. Not perfect. But better. It will be interesting to add numbers to it after Trump’s first (and hopefully last) term.

But if a recession hits now, it’s 100% his making. We went from slow but steady growth at the end of Obama’s term to a crazy roller coaster ride. We shall see how it plays out. 

I thought all the liberals were claiming Obama was responsible for all the gain in the stock market from 2016 on? 

Yup .... Trump has been riding on the coat tails of President Obama's successful economic recovery!

Now that the stock market tanks for a few days, it's Trumps fault?

That's correct.

Trump's asinine tariffs are rendering economic chaos and uncertainty as well as eating away the paltry tax cut some middle class Americans received while adding additional financial burden to middle class Americans who saw their taxes increase under Trump's tax scam!!!

Liberals have to get their act together.

Actually, ALL Americans "have to get their act together" and make sure Trump is removed from office ASAP!!!

More nonsense from the left!

More unsubstantiated claims reflecting the inability to respond with anything factual or meaningful!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors