Help the victims of Hurricane Michael. Donate now and AARP Foundation will match the first $500,000 in contributions.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Coming to Theaters September 21

Message 1 of 6

@gordyfl wrote:

“Fahrenheit 9/11,” Michael Moore’s polemic about George W. Bush and the War on Terror, remains the highest-grossing documentary of all time.
If the national mood was splintered when that movie opened in 2004, it’s nothing compared to what it is now, almost two years into Donald Trump’s presidency.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/aug/09/michael-moore-fahrenheit-11-9-trailer-trump-documentary

The Oscar-winning film-maker has been focusing on the effect of the president in an attempt to shift public perception before November.

“I’m finishing my movie and getting it out before the midterms because I want millions of people to get to the polls,” he said to Bill Maher in June. “We’re going to bring Trump down.".....

“On opening weekend, Fahrenheit 9/11 was the No 1 movie in every red state in the country,” he says in reference to his award-winning documentary. “It was a hit in military towns and on military bases.

Your right gordy, "it’s nothing compared to what it is now".  Fair is fair and since dt continues to lie in his weak efforts to shift public opinion that he is not a criminal, Moore's work is right on time.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

@ChasKy53 wrote:

"Fahrenheit 11/9"...November 9 -- The Day Donald Trump Won the Election...

I will definitely go watch this when it comes out.

Of course you will. First of all it supports a fellow hater. And secondly, it will probably provide more to churn your stomach acid.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

Me too, even though I'll probably have a rather long drive to the theater with a lot of traffic. Should be at the very least interesting.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

“Fahrenheit 9/11,” Michael Moore’s polemic about George W. Bush and the War on Terror, remains the highest-grossing documentary of all time.

If the national mood was splintered when that movie opened in 2004, it’s nothing compared to what it is now, almost two years into Donald Trump’s presidency.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/aug/09/michael-moore-fahrenheit-11-9-trailer-trump-documentary

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Coming to Theaters September 21

Message 6 of 6

Coming to Theaters September 21 (Before the Election)....

Question: Given the title’s connection to “Fahrenheit 9/11,” what’s your assessment of American politics today compared to when you made that film?

Michael Moore: When we started making “Fahrenheit 9/11,” George W. Bush had a 70 percent approval rating, 29 Democratic senators had voted for the Iraq war, and The New York Times and the liberal establishment were all aiding and abetting Bush and his war. Every TV network was waving the American flag, and those of us who dissented were in a lonely minority and called unpatriotic. Outlets like HuffPost didn’t exist and MSNBC was trying to out-Fox Fox News. It was a dark, dark time, and America and the world has paid a very steep price for it.

Now we live in even darker times. So that hasn’t changed.

Kudos
Views
Replies