Refresh your driving skills and you could save on auto insurance! Take the AARP Smart Driver course.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Colored Wimmin Pickin on Bernie

Message 11 of 27

Are you expecting more from Democrats - the party of hate?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 27

@MsStretch wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

This thread  does give a pretty good example of why the right can claim not be be racist.  It is because they are completely clueless. When Trump called the Nazis and KKK in Charlottesville "very fine people", he just did not see anything wrong with what they were doing. 

It is a very good example as to why it is difficult to have a rational discussion on various topics - some insist on clinging to false narratives.  Such as above. Everyone knows what the President was talking about was the people there to express their views about the statue. Yet some cling to the nazi, kluxer fraud. And that is dishonest.

From Wikipedia:

The Unite the Right rally, also known as the Charlottesville rally or Charlottesville riots, was a white supremacist rally that occurred in Charlottesville, Virginia, from August 11 to 12, 2017. Protesters were members of the far-right and included self-identified members of the alt-right, neo-Confederates, neo-fascists, white nationalists, neo-Nazis, Klansmen, and various militias. The marchers chanted racist and antisemitic slogans, carried semi-automatic rifles, Nazi and neo-Nazi symbols (such as the swastika, Odal rune, Black Sun, and Iron Cross), the Valknut, Confederate battle flags, Deus Vult crosses, flags and other symbols of various past and present anti-Muslim and antisemitic groups. Within the Charlottesville area, the rally is often known as A12 or 8/12. The organizers' stated goals included unifying the American white nationalist movement and to oppose removing a statue of Robert E. Lee from Charlottesville's Lee Park.

I watched news footage from the torch protest they had the night before at UVA and I did not hear anyone mention a statue. I heard plenty of anti-Semitic and Nazi epithets though.  I did a cursory search for the video (or similar), but couldn't find it.  However, here is another video that was taken of the Unite the Right protesters.  WARNING: Contains raw language and may be offensive to some viewers.  Again, no one expressing their views about a statue.  What was that about false narratives?

Kid yourself about who is being fraudulent and dishonest.  This was a travesty and I do not subscribe to the president's blithe dismissal of it..

There was a permitted event scheduled over the statue issue. The thugs of the Klan and the thugs of antifa came to town looking for trouble and exposure, and got it.

Rather than listening to the words of the thugs, when trying to understand the President, I'd suggest listening to him.

Any other way would be fraudulent and dishonest. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 27

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I just love posting to this thread and having it pop to the top again. It is like putting "I am a racist" bumper stickers on all the cars in the parking lot of a Trump rally

Sounds like something the hate filled left would do.

Nothing hateful about it. Just lots of love for people who show their racism to their detriment. 

We are talking about people so filled with hatred that they make such assumptions about the President. And then they make the same assumptions about other people who attend an event.

And then to put icing on the cake they would take their hatred to the point of defacing the cars of others.

We are basically a two Party country and basically a two ideology country. We have to learn to deal with and discuss those difference without resorting to the game of "You'te a Nazi, fascist, sexist, homophobe, alt-right, and the rest.

Yes, I use the term "Marxist". That is nothing like throwing out "racist" willy-nilly. Marxism is an honorable ideology that has been around for over a century and a half. it is popular even today. We should be able to discuss the relative advantages of differing ideologies without resorting to the racist, Nazi, etc. nonsense.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 27

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

This thread  does give a pretty good example of why the right can claim not be be racist.  It is because they are completely clueless. When Trump called the Nazis and KKK in Charlottesville "very fine people", he just did not see anything wrong with what they were doing. 

It is a very good example as to why it is difficult to have a rational discussion on various topics - some insist on clinging to false narratives.  Such as above. Everyone knows what the President was talking about was the people there to express their views about the statue. Yet some cling to the nazi, kluxer fraud. And that is dishonest.

From Wikipedia:

The Unite the Right rally, also known as the Charlottesville rally or Charlottesville riots, was a white supremacist rally that occurred in Charlottesville, Virginia, from August 11 to 12, 2017. Protesters were members of the far-right and included self-identified members of the alt-right, neo-Confederates, neo-fascists, white nationalists, neo-Nazis, Klansmen, and various militias. The marchers chanted racist and antisemitic slogans, carried semi-automatic rifles, Nazi and neo-Nazi symbols (such as the swastika, Odal rune, Black Sun, and Iron Cross), the Valknut, Confederate battle flags, Deus Vult crosses, flags and other symbols of various past and present anti-Muslim and antisemitic groups. Within the Charlottesville area, the rally is often known as A12 or 8/12. The organizers' stated goals included unifying the American white nationalist movement and to oppose removing a statue of Robert E. Lee from Charlottesville's Lee Park.

I watched news footage from the torch protest they had the night before at UVA and I did not hear anyone mention a statue. I heard plenty of anti-Semitic and Nazi epithets though.  I did a cursory search for the video (or similar), but couldn't find it.  However, here is another video that was taken of the Unite the Right protesters.  WARNING: Contains raw language and may be offensive to some viewers.  Again, no one expressing their views about a statue.  What was that about false narratives?

Kid yourself about who is being fraudulent and dishonest.  This was a travesty and I do not subscribe to the president's blithe dismissal of it..

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 27

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I just love posting to this thread and having it pop to the top again. It is like putting "I am a racist" bumper stickers on all the cars in the parking lot of a Trump rally

Nothing hateful about it. Just lots of love for people who show their racism to their detriment. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 27

@Richva wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 27

@williamb39198 wrote:

trump is such a racist, that there is no comparison. Bernie is such a better person that there is no comparison...

trump is racist, is racist, and is racist. Why is there even a discussion about this? trump is a racist! Why is there a question here. He is what he is. And we know this. 

trump is incompetent 

"Trump is a racist" is merely a meme. No one has ever been able to provide anything to substantiate it - that is why they cling to the C'ville fraud.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 27

@Richva wrote:

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 27

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 27

trump is such a racist, that there is no comparison. Bernie is such a better person that there is no comparison...

trump is racist, is racist, and is racist. Why is there even a discussion about this? trump is a racist! Why is there a question here. He is what he is. And we know this. 

trump is incompetent 

Kudos
Views