From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Colorado's snowpack is 40 times normal after rare summer solstice dump

Message 11 of 29

@jimc91 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@gruffstuff What would you have Americans do that you think would make a difference?  I can park my new diesel truck in my living room and let it idle all night, it's so clean it would not be noticed.  Do you actually think you can mandate the Americans take some action and it will make a difference?  Look at China or India alone.  Do you think they are going to follow your mandate?

No one has ever answered this question for me.  If CO2 is so bad then why do many greenhouse growers add a CO2 generator to their greenhouse to enhance plant growth?  

How much is too much and how do you control emissions from a volcano eruption?

IMO, you guys flatter yourselves to think you can control our climate...  Sorry but you can't.

And if gasoline is so wonderful, why don't we all have a big glass every morning instead of orange juice.  (I so love the logic of the unscientific argument)

Hey @Richva , It was a weather event...

Who suggested drinking gasoline instead of orange juice?  What in the world are you even talking about?

A snow fall event does not require a scientific discussion, it's just a weather event...

Well we could take Dictator Trumps cure for forest fires and apply it to snow storms. Just sweep it clean. My suggestion to Dictator Trump would be to have him use his enablers as sweepers. He could even house them in the camps he built as there are 100,000 spaces for people.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 29

Yep More weird weather caused by man made climate change. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 29

@JANMB wrote:

It's true that one country or one person or one organization cannot do everything, but they could do something.  

What specifically would you recommend doing step by step and specify exactly how you would pay for it? Please tell me how you would measure any improvements or degradation.

New water pumps and tidal valves worth millions of dollars are needed to keep the streets from flooding even on sunny weeks....in Miami.    Warmer air temperatures are also thawing Alaska's underlying permafrost, accelerating shoreline erosion and washing away houses, roads, and other coastal infrastructure.

You don't care about the above ....but you might care A bomb cyclone and extreme weather that led to floods in the Midwestern USA    may raise the price of meat by as much as $1 a pound.  or if U.S. gas prices reach  $4 a gallon in some states thanks in part to the recent flooding in the Midwest.     Your insurance will go up cause of the fires or  mudslides and then you may care.  

No person or country will put itself at a disadvantage relative to another and they do not all get together around some grand idea, unless it is a crisis. And science, our eyes, our noses, our brains should tell us we are at a crisis stage.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 29

It's true that one country or one person or one organization cannot do everything, but they could do something.     

New water pumps and tidal valves worth millions of dollars are needed to keep the streets from flooding even on sunny weeks....in Miami.    Warmer air temperatures are also thawing Alaska's underlying permafrost, accelerating shoreline erosion and washing away houses, roads, and other coastal infrastructure.

You don't care about the above ....but you might care A bomb cyclone and extreme weather that led to floods in the Midwestern USA    may raise the price of meat by as much as $1 a pound.  or if U.S. gas prices reach  $4 a gallon in some states thanks in part to the recent flooding in the Midwest.     Your insurance will go up cause of the fires or  mudslides and then you may care.  

No person or country will put itself at a disadvantage relative to another and they do not all get together around some grand idea, unless it is a crisis. And science, our eyes, our noses, our brains should tell us we are at a crisis stage.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 29

@Richva wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@gruffstuff What would you have Americans do that you think would make a difference?  I can park my new diesel truck in my living room and let it idle all night, it's so clean it would not be noticed.  Do you actually think you can mandate the Americans take some action and it will make a difference?  Look at China or India alone.  Do you think they are going to follow your mandate?

No one has ever answered this question for me.  If CO2 is so bad then why do many greenhouse growers add a CO2 generator to their greenhouse to enhance plant growth?  

IMO, you guys flatter yourselves to think you can control our climate...  Sorry but you can't.

And if gasoline is so wonderful, why don't we all have a big glass every morning instead of orange juice.  (I so love the logic of the unscientific argument)

Hey @Richva , It was a weather event...

Who suggested drinking gasoline instead of orange juice?  What in the world are you even talking about?

A snow fall event does not require a scientific discussion, it's just a weather event...

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 29

@jimc91 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 29

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 29

True. There are none so blind as those who will not see. Their minds are made up and nothing will change it because they aren't interested in facts, just bias confirmation

That's not the problem in my opinion.

They know the problem is real, they know what caused and is causing it, they just don't want to pay to clean up the mess they / we made.

We might be able to fix man made global warming, but it going to cost money, lots of money.

Doing nothing is going to cost more, but they might not / probably won't live to see it.

This late in the game it's all hands on deck, we don't just have to do something, we have to do everything to remove carbon from the atmosphere, plant forests, direct air capture, renewable energy, conserve energy in every way, better building codes, better insulation, better appliances, better cars, electric cars, safe nuclear power. 

However 

I don't think vested interests though the government and laws, the tax codes, should pick winners and losers in the free market of carbon reduction.

If we use a carbon tax, the credits should apply every where, not just to industry X.

Example, grow trees and get a credit, install solar panels, get a credit, use an electric car, get a credit. Subsidise  all carbon removal not just some of it. 

One acre of trees would be worth X, farmers / land owners  that own wooded land would get a tax credit to keep it wooded. Let people that live in cities buy into that. 

For example,   West Virgina is poor, give people in NYC a tax credit to keep West Virginia, all of Appalachia wooded, use those forests  for carbon reduction, recreation, just like we do with managed hunting areas,  and put that money back into the economy, schools, education and so on of Appalachia.

If people don't want to go to Appalachia fine, just hug a tree from NYC and get credit for doing it.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 29

Hey guys...  It was a weather event.  It happens.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 29

Wow. Another radical weather swing................wonder what is causing that?

It's a Chinese hoax.

When the sun comes out the next week and all that snow melts and flooding occurs downstream that will be a hoax to.

Maybe it will be the governments fault for letting water run downhill. 

One thing for sure

There ain't no such thing as man made climate change.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors