Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Collusion BTween GOP Right Wing - Portland Police

Message 21 of 25

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

even though they have been involved in violent clashes with antifascist protesters.

Do you see a distinction between someone holding a rally and someone attempting to disrupt the rally? In that case would the police not attempt first to protect the attackees from the attackers?

Actually I'm for something the GOP used to support & defend before they decided to become members of a Cult led by Trump who only support & defend whatever Trump wants them to0

I support the Rule of Law

Like now - how the GOP in the Seante is refusing to honor the Oath they took to defend the US and enforce the US Constituiton

This is not a example of the US Rule of Law

"I don't think it would be beyond anybody's imagination that police might want to have a friendly correspondence with right-wing organizations to collect information.

However, it crosses a line when you're tipping off those organizers to when new leftist organizations are being formed, to where leftist protesters are or how its members can avoid arrest,"

In one text exchange from December 2017, Niiya asked Gibson about one of his members, Tusitala Toese, who had been involved in fights at rallies and had a warrant out for his arrest on a disorderly conduct charge.

Niiya told Gibson that officers ignored the warrant at a previous demonstration, but to make sure that Toese didn't do anything at the next one "which may draw our attention," according to the Willamette Week.

"If he still has the warrant in the system (I don't run you guys so I don't personally know) the officers could arrest him," Niiya wrote. "I don't see a need to arrest on the warrant unless there is a reason."

Perhaps you don't understand the Rule of Law - A Arrest Warrant is not Discretionary - well unles your White and alligned Politically with the Local Police

Many colorful words and much truth but overlooked is: "Do you see a distinction between someone holding a rally and someone attempting to disrupt the rally? In that case would the police not attempt first to protect the attackees from the attackers?"

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 25

Are you suggesting the police treat whites differently than blacks?  Interesting. ....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 25

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

even though they have been involved in violent clashes with antifascist protesters.

Do you see a distinction between someone holding a rally and someone attempting to disrupt the rally? In that case would the police not attempt first to protect the attackees from the attackers?

Actually I'm for something the GOP used to support & defend before they decided to become members of a Cult led by Trump who only support & defend whatever Trump wants them to0

I support the Rule of Law

Like now - how the GOP in the Seante is refusing to honor the Oath they took to defend the US and enforce the US Constituiton

This is not a example of the US Rule of Law

"I don't think it would be beyond anybody's imagination that police might want to have a friendly correspondence with right-wing organizations to collect information.

However, it crosses a line when you're tipping off those organizers to when new leftist organizations are being formed, to where leftist protesters are or how its members can avoid arrest,"

In one text exchange from December 2017, Niiya asked Gibson about one of his members, Tusitala Toese, who had been involved in fights at rallies and had a warrant out for his arrest on a disorderly conduct charge.

Niiya told Gibson that officers ignored the warrant at a previous demonstration, but to make sure that Toese didn't do anything at the next one "which may draw our attention," according to the Willamette Week.

"If he still has the warrant in the system (I don't run you guys so I don't personally know) the officers could arrest him," Niiya wrote. "I don't see a need to arrest on the warrant unless there is a reason."

Perhaps you don't understand the Rule of Law - A Arrest Warrant is not Discretionary - well unles your White and alligned Politically with the Local Police

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 25

@mickstuder wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

Collusion BTween GOP Right Wing - Portland Police

Message 25 of 25

'Disturbing' texts between Oregon police and far-right religious fanatics group prompt investigation

Texts between Joey Gibson, the leader of the far-right group Patriot Prayer, and Portland police Lt. Jeff Niiya have been criticized by officials in Oregon's largest city.

"I will order an independent investigation to review the existence of bias in the actions of the [Portland Police Bureau] leading up to and during demonstrations involving alt-right and anti-fascist protesters," he said in a statement, adding that he has "heard from the people of Portland" and will also work with Outlaw to implement training for police in identifying white supremacy.

Wheeler's concern over the texts, which he called "disturbing," comes after a report Thursday in the Willamette Week that highlights the correspondence between Joey Gibson, the leader of Patriot Prayer, and Portland police Lt. Jeff Niiya, the commander of the department's rapid response team.

The pair shared messages in 2017 and 2018 that were joking at times, but also raise concerns that police give Patriot Prayer and members preferential treatment, even though they have been involved in violent clashes with antifascist protesters.

Source - https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/disturbing-texts-between-oregon-police-far-right-group-prompts-...

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.