Views

Re: Collusion BTween GOP Right Wing - Portland Police

Message 1 of 25

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Sadly Trump lives by doing just that in everything he does. Refuse to pay for items he purchased. Run 2 sets of books to defraud the city of NY of 3 million. Fly mob members on his choppers to AC, launder money for mainly Russians, refuse to pay back loans to banks, lie to his enablers about everything etc. The problem starts at the top.

Just for a change, things got switched to President Trump. He is not a member of the Portland police.

The truth hurts and that is why the far right always divert when presented with it.

My point exactly. When the truth hurts - out comes a mention of our President.

You left out President with a mental problem. Now enough has been spent on our right wing so you know the drill.

And then out comes the nonsense from self-proclaimed mental health experts.

In the meantime, the topic is totally ignored.

Follwed by nonsense from right fringe trump supporters who are trying to avoid facing the fact that trump has only got one oar in the water...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 25

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Sadly Trump lives by doing just that in everything he does. Refuse to pay for items he purchased. Run 2 sets of books to defraud the city of NY of 3 million. Fly mob members on his choppers to AC, launder money for mainly Russians, refuse to pay back loans to banks, lie to his enablers about everything etc. The problem starts at the top.

Just for a change, things got switched to President Trump. He is not a member of the Portland police.

The truth hurts and that is why the far right always divert when presented with it.

You left out President with a mental problem. Now enough has been spent on our right wing so you know the drill.

And then out comes the nonsense from self-proclaimed mental health experts.

In the meantime, the topic is totally ignored.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 25

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 25

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 25

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

even though they have been involved in violent clashes with antifascist protesters.

Do you see a distinction between someone holding a rally and someone attempting to disrupt the rally? In that case would the police not attempt first to protect the attackees from the attackers?

Actually I'm for something the GOP used to support & defend before they decided to become members of a Cult led by Trump who only support & defend whatever Trump wants them to0

I support the Rule of Law

Like now - how the GOP in the Seante is refusing to honor the Oath they took to defend the US and enforce the US Constituiton

This is not a example of the US Rule of Law

"I don't think it would be beyond anybody's imagination that police might want to have a friendly correspondence with right-wing organizations to collect information.

However, it crosses a line when you're tipping off those organizers to when new leftist organizations are being formed, to where leftist protesters are or how its members can avoid arrest,"

In one text exchange from December 2017, Niiya asked Gibson about one of his members, Tusitala Toese, who had been involved in fights at rallies and had a warrant out for his arrest on a disorderly conduct charge.

Niiya told Gibson that officers ignored the warrant at a previous demonstration, but to make sure that Toese didn't do anything at the next one "which may draw our attention," according to the Willamette Week.

"If he still has the warrant in the system (I don't run you guys so I don't personally know) the officers could arrest him," Niiya wrote. "I don't see a need to arrest on the warrant unless there is a reason."

Perhaps you don't understand the Rule of Law - A Arrest Warrant is not Discretionary - well unles your White and alligned Politically with the Local Police

Many colorful words and much truth but overlooked is: "Do you see a distinction between someone holding a rally and someone attempting to disrupt the rally? In that case would the police not attempt first to protect the attackees from the attackers?"

Police are sworn to uphold the law - serve their community by keeping the peace - protesting is a Constitutionaly Protected Right - there is typically a Police Presence at most Political Rallys & certainly where there is known animosity and the potential for violence

The Police are prohibited from taking sides based on their Political preferences

The typical response then is to keep the opposing sides - seperated - not to act as Private Security for one side over the other

People committing unlawful acts or inciting violence on either side should be arrested

So NO - I rarely witness a situation where honest uncorrupted Police make any distinctions other than who is breaking the law

Certainly there is no confidential information passed from the Police to Protestors to allow one side to - set up the other side to obstruct justice

For some reason Trump Supporters think collusion & obstruction of justice by our Government Officials is now precedent

Agreed, the police should be politically neutral. However, if one group is having a peaceful demonstration or rally and another group attacks them, I would fully expect the police to side with the first group regardless of the politics involved.

Being a non-collectivist, I cannot speak for "Trump Supporters" - that is MY view. Do you care to react to MY view.

I cannot speak to Hypotheticals.........................

Let me try to firm it up a bit for you.

If PATRIOT PRAYER is having a rally and ANTIFA decides to stop it - which side would you expect the police to intercede on?

Let me firm it up for you. When there is an active warrant out on a person they are supposed to be arrested by any police officer who recognize the person and then it is up to a judge what happens. What you had here was a far right leader asking a police supervisor not to do that, and the police supervisor agreeing. Under the law that can not happen and hopefully action will be taken against the police supervisor. He should be arrested for agreeing not to enforce the law.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 25

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

even though they have been involved in violent clashes with antifascist protesters.

Do you see a distinction between someone holding a rally and someone attempting to disrupt the rally? In that case would the police not attempt first to protect the attackees from the attackers?

Actually I'm for something the GOP used to support & defend before they decided to become members of a Cult led by Trump who only support & defend whatever Trump wants them to0

Like now - how the GOP in the Seante is refusing to honor the Oath they took to defend the US and enforce the US Constituiton

"I don't think it would be beyond anybody's imagination that police might want to have a friendly correspondence with right-wing organizations to collect information.

However, it crosses a line when you're tipping off those organizers to when new leftist organizations are being formed, to where leftist protesters are or how its members can avoid arrest,"

In one text exchange from December 2017, Niiya asked Gibson about one of his members, Tusitala Toese, who had been involved in fights at rallies and had a warrant out for his arrest on a disorderly conduct charge.

Niiya told Gibson that officers ignored the warrant at a previous demonstration, but to make sure that Toese didn't do anything at the next one "which may draw our attention," according to the Willamette Week.

"If he still has the warrant in the system (I don't run you guys so I don't personally know) the officers could arrest him," Niiya wrote. "I don't see a need to arrest on the warrant unless there is a reason."

Perhaps you don't understand the Rule of Law - A Arrest Warrant is not Discretionary - well unles your White and alligned Politically with the Local Police

Many colorful words and much truth but overlooked is: "Do you see a distinction between someone holding a rally and someone attempting to disrupt the rally? In that case would the police not attempt first to protect the attackees from the attackers?"

Police are sworn to uphold the law - serve their community by keeping the peace - protesting is a Constitutionaly Protected Right - there is typically a Police Presence at most Political Rallys & certainly where there is known animosity and the potential for violence

The Police are prohibited from taking sides based on their Political preferences

The typical response then is to keep the opposing sides - seperated - not to act as Private Security for one side over the other

People committing unlawful acts or inciting violence on either side should be arrested

So NO - I rarely witness a situation where honest uncorrupted Police make any distinctions other than who is breaking the law

Certainly there is no confidential information passed from the Police to Protestors to allow one side to - set up the other side to obstruct justice

For some reason Trump Supporters think collusion & obstruction of justice by our Government Officials is now precedent

Agreed, the police should be politically neutral. However, if one group is having a peaceful demonstration or rally and another group attacks them, I would fully expect the police to side with the first group regardless of the politics involved.

Being a non-collectivist, I cannot speak for "Trump Supporters" - that is MY view. Do you care to react to MY view.

If PATRIOT PRAYER is having a rally and ANTIFA decides to stop it - which side would you expect the police to intercede on?

Let me firm it up for you. When there is an active warrant out on a person they are supposed to be arrested by any police officer who recognize the person and then it is up to a judge what happens. What you had here was a far right leader asking a police supervisor not to do that, and the police supervisor agreeing. Under the law that can not happen and hopefully action will be taken against the police supervisor. He should be arrested for agreeing not to enforce the law.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 25

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 25

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Did you ignore 90% of the content in the article within the URL that Mickstuder posted?

No.

Funny, sure seems as such. 

Any group has the right to protest another group having a rally.

And why do you make up the "attackers" stuff? The KKK had a rally in Charlottesville and there was another group there protesting the KKK rally. I guess in your mind those protesting the KKK gathering were "attacking them"?

Focus - Portland.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 25

@rk9152 wrote:

Well - patriot prayer is a deranged ultra right wing group that is borderline treasonous...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 25

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Did you ignore 90% of the content in the article within the URL that Mickstuder posted?

No.

Funny, sure seems as such. 

Any group has the right to protest another group having a rally.

And why do you make up the "attackers" stuff? The KKK had a rally in Charlottesville and there was another group there protesting the KKK rally. I guess in your mind those protesting the KKK gathering were "attacking them"?

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.

Top Authors