Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Colin Powell says he'll be voting for Biden

Message 11 of 19

LOL!!

Colin Powell has not voted Republican since 2004 so why are you surprised???

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 19

Gordy said: 

Colin Powell endorsed Hillary, and against Trump in 2016. I would be surprised that after 3 1/2 years of Trump that Powell would change his view.

I remember the regressives telling us that Trump was going to become much more presidential after the election.  I figure Trump had 3 1/2 years to demonstrate that Colin's 2018 assessment was incorrect and Trump failed at that as well as everything else he has tried. 

How many different Democrats does Colin have to endorse before the regressives realize it is Colin saying it is just that Trump is incompetent? 

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 19

I would also be surprised if Romney endorsed Trump after Mitt voted impeach the president.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 19

GEN Powell "broke" with the Republican Party shortly after he realized he'd been given a soggy bag of lies to present to the United Nations in Feb 2003.  He continued to serve his country honorably as Secretary of State until Jan 2005, but NEVER voiced his support for Republican "causes" like voter suppression and denial of civil rights.

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 19

George Bush and Mitt Romney said they will not support IMPOTUS.  While most GOP big-names have skirted the issue of who they will vote for, they also have not shown much enthusiasm for a reelection of the incumbent.  Many would like to preserve the party, but are seen as wanting to oust the clown.

Another article: George W. Bush and Mitt Romney won't support Trump in 2020, while some GOP officials consider voting...

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 19

Colin Powell endorsed Hillary, and against Trump in 2016. I would be surprised that after 3 1/2 years of Trump that Powell would change his view.

2016 -- Colin Powell Endorses Hillary Clinton for President

https://www.newsday.com/news/nation/colin-powell-endorses-hillary-clinton-for-president-1.12504956

(CBS News) Former Secretary of State Colin Powell broke with the Republican party during the 2008 election, to endorse then-candidate Barack Obama

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/colin-powell-endorses-barack-obama-for-president/

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 19

The time has come that we need to understand that being silent is as complicit in any action as the person performing the  action.
I have criticized many Republicans for doing that. Their silence is complicit to Trump 's    actions. and they need to become accountable for their silence.

No American should think that they owe allegiance  to any political party  if that party does  not conform with their beliefs.

no name
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Colin Powell says he'll be voting for Biden

Message 18 of 19

Colin Powell is a REAL Republican conservative, he is not a Trump Cult member. You're right, we're starting to see a wave of defections from true conservatives who place our democracy and america ahead of party.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Colin Powell says he'll be voting for Biden

Message 19 of 19

The GOP defections are starting.  First George W Bush wrote a thinly veiled critique of Trump's performance,  Then Mitt Romney and Lisa Murkowski  announced they were trying to decide whether to even vote for Trump. Now Colin Powell announces. 

I believe the real source of this rebellion was Tritter fact checking and then blocking Trump. When Trump was unable to marshal any punishment of Twitter, daylight was on his inabillity to exact revenge. 

There will be more. 

The former member of George W. Bush’s Cabinet rips President Donald Trump."I'm very close to Joe Biden in a social matter and in a political matter," Powell told CNN's Jake Tapper on “State of the Union” Sunday morning. "I've worked with him for 35, 40 years. And he is now the candidate and I will be voting for him."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/07/colin-powell-voting-joe-biden-305335 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a health tip to share or a health question to ask?

Check out the Health Tips discussion board today!

Top Authors