Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Reply
Conversationalist
0
Kudos
446
Views

Re: Colin Kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem

446 Views
Message 31 of 216

Send it with a gift reciept.

I can get cash and purchase something that works.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
446
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
471
Views

Re: Colin Kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem

471 Views
Message 32 of 216
Read last night that most before 2009 players werent always on the field for the anthem.
So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
471
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
501
Views

Re: Colin Kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem

501 Views
Message 33 of 216

@j30122w wrote:

Centristsin2010,

 

Thanks for the tip on the quote button.  My pleasure.

 

No chip on my shoulder whatsoever.  Maybe not, but that's how it comes across, especially with the "cowards argument", "if you don't like it then you can leave".  That's the argument made by people who are afraid of debate, don't understand logic, and want to escape the fray as quickly as possible. 

 

Your attempt at swaying opinion is commendable, but very transparent.  Cool.  Transparency works for me.

 

The strawman tactic does not work on me. Good attempt though.  <shrug>  Making an accusation of such without clarifying what specifically your talking about does not work for me either, but that's OK.

 

The "action" of boycotting is shallow huh? If you think so. No.  The action of embracing our right to protest, acknowledging someone peacefully protesting without harming anyone or any property, and then boycotting them is, IMO, shallow.  Is that a little more clear?  I don't have an issue with boycotting.....shoot, I do it myself, the power of the dollar can be strong.  And if you know anything about NFL football games, the crowd, the officials in the booth, the coaches in the booth, etc., you would know that there are MANY who remain seated, talking to another, wearing a hat, swearing, etc. during the National Anthem.  I think those who put more importance on the anthem, than our right to peacefully protest are shallow.  I hope that clarifies my position.

 

And whomever made that idle attempt to connect somehow my post to Nazi's and Kluxxers, that is extremely weak.  I can't speak to that.....you'll need to address that to the person who did so.

.

Thin skin, chip on shoulder? not even close. Maybe.....hopefully you have a better understanding now of why those words were used.   Well balanced thank you very much. To each his/her own. Yep.  You must have a great deal of time on your hands. Good for you.  Thanks!  I bought you something to show how much I care.....

 

Youth San Francisco 49ers Colin Kaepernick Nike Scarlet Limited Jersey

 

 


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
501
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
507
Views

Re: Colin Kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem

507 Views
Message 34 of 216

@fangoh45 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@j30122w wrote:

Hmm, spent a good deal of time making sure I respected differring opinions, however; some just see what they want to see.

Think about that.

That is America today.


I respect your statement. Its the firebreathers that demnd he not exercise his rights, while condoning a gathering of Nazis. To be sure, I can be a fire breather too for my beliefs. 

 

The NFL CAN as a business force its employees to stand for the anthem  as a term of employment. Of course the union would fight it..as a Union should stand with its members, and I suspect most of those who stand for the anthem will support those who dont. I dont believe the NFL wants THAT particular stink on its hands, given what IS being protested. This is a real issue, a hot button, and most NFL players are black, as is a lot of its TV audience. 

 

I consider Cap a folk hero..seriously. yes he is rich..his skills earned it, the good ol American way people like to trumpet. He essentially gave up 10 more years of those earnings which would help his family generations down the road. It takes cojones to be the first " noticable " player to do this. it is ourageous the way he is treated.

OF COURSE you have a right to disagree, and do all the other stuff you said because you are not infringing on others rights. I agree with how you are handling it..tho i dont agree with you.

 

None of this would be happening if. post 9/11, the government hadnt started these monstrous patriotic pregame shows, on the taxpayers dime. flyovers, platoons singing on the field etc. 

 

If that change hadnt been made to the spectacle we call the NFL, no one would notice. A lot of baseball players dont stand..most probably because they get tired of doing it every day. But then they go behind the dugout. 

 


"Cap" who is presently devoid of the skill needed to be a starting QB, Kap's QB rating for his career is 60.95.  Presently, that would rate higher than Dak Prescott, Aaron Rogers, Jay Cutler, Drew Brees, Carson Palmer.....should I go on?   and needing to fuel his ego trip, had to find a way to get back into the spotlight. I wonder if you would have said the same thing had he been white......ok, I stopped "wondering".  I'm as sure as you are making that statement you did.  Knowing, not standing would get him attention from both his supporters as well as detractors.  The goal of most protesters is to bring attention to a cause.  Unfortunately, Kap's "cause" remains an issue.....yet many don't care.....so they attack him.   We all know, if he possesed now, the talent to move his team down the field into the end zone, he'd be picked up by one or more teams in a NY minute.  Wrong again.....

 

NFL Still Shunning Colin Kaepernick Because of His Politics, Not His Play

 

No, the fact he's still unemployed, shows he's a second rate has been needing a way (any way) to get back in the spotlight. I along with many others don't agree or like the means he chose.  Yes, fang, there are a LOT of racists out there who would rather see blacks killed by the police unnecessarily than see a player take a knee during the National Anthem.  They are despicable human beings.....


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
507
Views
Conversationalist
0
Kudos
506
Views

Re: Colin Kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem

506 Views
Message 35 of 216

Centristsin2010,

 

Thanks for the tip on the quote button.

 

No chip on my shoulder whatsoever. 

Your attempt at swaying opinion is commendable, but very transparent.

The strawman tactic does not work on me. Good attempt though.

The "action" of boycotting is shallow huh? If you think so. 

And whomever made that idle attempt to connect somehow my post to Nazi's and Kluxxers, that is extremely weak.

.

Thin skin, chip on shoulder? not even close. Well balanced thank you very much. To each his/her own. You must have a great deal of time on your hands. Good for you.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
506
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
496
Views

Re: Colin Kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem

496 Views
Message 36 of 216

@MIseker wrote:

@j30122w wrote:

Hmm, spent a good deal of time making sure I respected differring opinions, however; some just see what they want to see.

Think about that.

That is America today.


I respect your statement. Its the firebreathers that demnd he not exercise his rights, while condoning a gathering of Nazis. To be sure, I can be a fire breather too for my beliefs. 

 

The NFL CAN as a business force its employees to stand for the anthem  as a term of employment. Of course the union would fight it..as a Union should stand with its members, and I suspect most of those who stand for the anthem will support those who dont. I dont believe the NFL wants THAT particular stink on its hands, given what IS being protested. This is a real issue, a hot button, and most NFL players are black, as is a lot of its TV audience. 

 

I consider Cap a folk hero..seriously. yes he is rich..his skills earned it, the good ol American way people like to trumpet. He essentially gave up 10 more years of those earnings which would help his family generations down the road. It takes cojones to be the first " noticable " player to do this. it is ourageous the way he is treated.

OF COURSE you have a right to disagree, and do all the other stuff you said because you are not infringing on others rights. I agree with how you are handling it..tho i dont agree with you.

 

None of this would be happening if. post 9/11, the government hadnt started these monstrous patriotic pregame shows, on the taxpayers dime. flyovers, platoons singing on the field etc. 

 

If that change hadnt been made to the spectacle we call the NFL, no one would notice. A lot of baseball players dont stand..most probably because they get tired of doing it every day. But then they go behind the dugout. 

 


"Cap" who is presently devoid of the skill needed to be a starting QB, and needing to fuel his ego trip, had to find a way to get back into the spotlight. Knowing, not standing would get him attention from both his supporters as well as detractors. We all know, if he possesed now, the talent to move his team down the field into the end zone, he'd be picked up by one or more teams in a NY minute. No, the fact he's still unemployed, shows he's a second rate has been needing a way (any way) to get back in the spotlight. I along with many others don't agree or like the means he chose.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
496
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
485
Views

Re: Colin Kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem

485 Views
Message 37 of 216

@j30122w wrote:

May I suggest indicating which poster you are responding to in your rants/opinions?  You may be more likely to get a response/discussion if that's indeed what you are desire.....maybe it isn't and if so, post without any reference.  Many find the Quote button in the upper right corner useful.

You can have an opinion all day, good for you.  I appreciate your permission....I feel better now.  Yet your opinion of me having a differing opinion makes me shallow? Ok, whatever.  I apologize.....it must have been confusing.  What, IMO is shallow is extolling the right to protest and then demean or boycot the protester. What I posted is really that simple.

Just as he can choose to protest, I will choose to never back the franchise that puts cash in his pocket. I do not feel bad about it and never will. I don't think anyone suggested you should feel bad about it, did they?

Notice how I never called you shallow? There is a reason, it is called respect for self and others.  Sounds like you may have a quilty conscience.  No one called you shallow, did they?  I said, in my opinion, you action was "a little shallow".  Sounds like the skin is a little thin....

I outlined respecting his decision numerous times in my post. Maybe you missed that.  Nope.

 

 

I will never feel bad for loving my country. Nor should you and nor did anyone suggest you should.  It has been very good to me and I loved serving it.  Awesome.

Complain all you want. Thanks again for the permission.....but your permission is not necessary.  If it's so bad here then leave.  LOL.  Really?  That is your right as well. No wall or border stopping you. No, not yet anyways....Oh, what's wrong. (sic) Fear of the unknown got you handcuffed? Funny thing is most places have more stringent immigration rules than we do. How's that for irony?

Try a **bleep** smile on once in awhile.  How big is that chip on your shoulder?  It's effecting your balance.

 

Image result for chip on shoulder sayings

 

 

 


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
485
Views
Conversationalist
2
Kudos
511
Views

Re: Colin Kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem

511 Views
Message 38 of 216

You can have an opinion all day, good for you.Yet your opinion of me having a differing opinion makes me shallow? Ok, whatever.

Just as he can choose to protest, I will choose to never back the franchise that puts cash in his pocket. I do not feel bad about it and never will.

Notice how I never called you shallow? There is a reason, it is called respect for self and others.

I outlined respecting his decision numerous times in my post. Maybe you missed that.

There is a picture of a Marine without legs propping himself up in a wheelchair during the national anthem on the web. If anyone knows who he is please let me know so I can buy him dinner and shake his hand.

Also want to make sure Wounded Warrior project is all over helping him out.

I will never feel bad for loving my country. It has been very good to me and I loved serving it.

Complain all you want. If it's so bad here then leave. That is your right as well. No wall or border stopping you. Oh, what's wrong. Fear of the unknown got you handcuffed? Funny thing is most places have more stringent immigration rules than we do. How's that for irony?

Try a **bleep** smile on once in awhile.

 

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
511
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
560
Views

Re: Colin Kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem

560 Views
Message 39 of 216

@j30122w wrote:

Hmm, spent a good deal of time making sure I respected differring opinions, however; some just see what they want to see.

Think about that.

That is America today.


I respect your statement. Its the firebreathers that demnd he not exercise his rights, while condoning a gathering of Nazis. To be sure, I can be a fire breather too for my beliefs. 

 

The NFL CAN as a business force its employees to stand for the anthem  as a term of employment. Of course the union would fight it..as a Union should stand with its members, and I suspect most of those who stand for the anthem will support those who dont. I dont believe the NFL wants THAT particular stink on its hands, given what IS being protested. This is a real issue, a hot button, and most NFL players are black, as is a lot of its TV audience. 

 

I consider Cap a folk hero..seriously. yes he is rich..his skills earned it, the good ol American way people like to trumpet. He essentially gave up 10 more years of those earnings which would help his family generations down the road. It takes cojones to be the first " noticable " player to do this. it is ourageous the way he is treated.

OF COURSE you have a right to disagree, and do all the other stuff you said because you are not infringing on others rights. I agree with how you are handling it..tho i dont agree with you.

 

None of this would be happening if. post 9/11, the government hadnt started these monstrous patriotic pregame shows, on the taxpayers dime. flyovers, platoons singing on the field etc. 

 

If that change hadnt been made to the spectacle we call the NFL, no one would notice. A lot of baseball players dont stand..most probably because they get tired of doing it every day. But then they go behind the dugout. 

 

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
560
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
572
Views

Re: Colin Kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem

572 Views
Message 40 of 216

@Panjandrum wrote:

Olderscout66: Republcans are attempting to create another "Flagpin-on-lapel" to divert attention from the disgusting nature of their policies. The protestors have every right to  demonstrate their dissatisfaction with the way things are going - it's called "Redress of Greviences" and our founding fathers considered it the most important Right they were going to enshrine for all time.

 

Exactly. I see some major irony in outrage over a supposed slight to respecting the country when they are loyal supporters of a president who probably colluded with Russia to win an election (and God only knows what other entanglements). Pathetic hardly covers it.


Russia????  We are talking about the NFL that can tell a player what socks he must wear but not that he must participates in a ceremony.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
572
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report


city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors