Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Colin Kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem

Message 11 of 216
These racist words are part of the anthem:

No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand <<< just whites

In the war of 1812, the Brits gave freedom to slaves that fought with them against the us. this verse is outright saying those people should be killed..for fighting for their personal freedom.

and thats the facts. Its a white peoples song..

Id rather have "this land is my land" or "america the beautiful" . why have a military march lol.
So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 216

"Freedom of Speech"?

Would you support removal of  athletic schlorship for those student athletes who protest, riot, destroy proprerty  preventing any  difference of opinion  from their own?

I know why this hasn't happen. It's called--COURAGE

Affectionately

Sinai  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 216

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Can' t Remember if I posted this before but this thread is starting to make me want to Throw UP so I'm going to post it

1. Colin Kaepernick is not a good enough Professional Football Player to receive another contract - Period

Kaepernicks career QBR is better than over half of the starters in the NFL today.....PERIOD!!!

2. Colin Kaepernick has No Idea what the US National Anthem Represents and probably never will - he thinks it's about him   IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT HE THINKS ABOUT THE NATIONAL ANTHEM.  AND who are YOU to say what he thinks?  Do you have a quote to verify what you claim?  Or is it just another white opinion about a black athlete?

I wish him luck with his new employment!  I assume some lefty will hire him for something?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 216

@mickstuder wrote:

Can' t Remember if I posted this before but this thread is starting to make me want to Throw UP so I'm going to post it

1. Colin Kaepernick is not a good enough Professional Football Player to receive another contract - Period

Kaepernicks career QBR is better than over half of the starters in the NFL today.....PERIOD!!!

2. Colin Kaepernick has No Idea what the US National Anthem Represents and probably never will - he thinks it's about him   IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT HE THINKS ABOUT THE NATIONAL ANTHEM.  AND who are YOU to say what he thinks?  Do you have a quote to verify what you claim?  Or is it just another white opinion about a black athlete?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 216

2. Colin Kaepernick has No Idea what the US National Anthem Represents and probably never will - he thinks it's about him

Culture
Here's How One Coach Reacted When Some Players Didn't Want To Stand For The National Anthem (Video)
October 13, 2016
Coach Buzz Williams and players

A Virginia Tech basketball coach noticed that some of his players were sitting for the national anthem, and set them straight in an unforgettable speech (video below).

Coach Buzz Williams’ speech about the importance of the anthem quickly went viral after it was originally shared, showing an incredibly important and moving perspective on what it means to be an American and salute the flag.

“We didn’t earn those chairs,” Williams tells his players, pointing to the bench. 

Your talent didn’t earn those chairs. How tall you are and how fast you run, how well you shoot, didn’t earn those chairs. Me drawing up a play, me recruiting real hard, me working real hard, I didn’t earn the chair. These guys, when they were your age, interrupted their life. They paused their education. They changed their career. And they gave their life for those chairs. Do you guys understand what I’m saying? Not us, not us. And so when the anthem is played, we’re going to stand like grown men, and we’re going to honor men like this that gave their life so we can have a chair to sit in.

Williams then instructs the players to not only stand for the anthem, but also pay attention to what they are saluting and not take for granted the freedoms they have as Americans.

“And then the two-and-a-half minutes that the song is played, or somebody sings it, we’re going to stand at attention and honor these men. We’re not going to sway back and forth. We’re not messing with our shorts, we’re not messing with our jersey,” he said.

“Those two-and-a-half minutes, we’re going to give to the people who earned these chairs, because that freedom allows us to do what we’re doing.”

Williams’ speech garnered applause from people who felt it was the right way to address the controversy surrounding the national anthem.

“I don't know the name of this coach, he is a man of [honor]. He brought me to tears, by what he said to these young men. He didn't yell he didn't shame them, he taught them that behind this anthem there are real men and women who have given so such for them and their country,” one reader commented on AWM.

“This lesson will stay with them for a lifetime, and just maybe they will think before they disrespect a service person ever again. Thank you sir.”

According to The Washington Post, Williams does this every season, simply to teach respect for those who "earned the chairs."

He said this is not in response to any anthem protests that may or may not be happening in the world. 

Source - http://www.watchthis.com/story/culture/2016/10/13/heres-how-one-coach-reacted-when-some-players-didn...

This is Coach Williams VIDEO - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyoVGCebUfw

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 216

Whites that aren't racists understand and appreciate that when someone exercises their constitutional rights, while speaking out against those who violate those right, are showing for more respect towards the country than someone standing during a song.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 216
Colin Kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem

--------------------------------------------------------------------

For his lack of respect for his country he has got the comeuppance he deserves.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 216

@MIseker wrote:

If Al Davis was still alive, Kap would have gotten a tryout, and maybe a starting job.

And Raiders fans would eat it up.

LOL.....you're right about that!!!  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 216

If Al Davis was still alive, Kap would have gotten a tryout, and maybe a starting job.

And Raiders fans would eat it up.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 216

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@j30122w wrote:

Centristin2010,

There are lots of jobs out there. 

Kaepernick is free to pursue any of them.

Lowes, McDonalds, Home Depot, Wendy's, Forever 21, the list is endless!

Or he can be a keynote speaker on how to land the job of your dreams!

• Sad will be the day when the American people forget their traditions and their history, and so longer remember that the country they love, the institutions they cherish, and the freedom they hope to preserve, were born from the throes of armed resistance to tyranny, and nursed in the rugged arms of fearless men.----Roger Sherman

Interesting......since tyranny is the cruel and unreasonable use of power, the only tyranny I see here is from you and those like you and the NFL, against a peaceful protester.  Loyalty to a song and a piece of cloth is far less meaningful than loyalty to our Constitution and it's values, which is exactly what Kaepernick was doing.

By and large, football fans are a patriotic lot. So you claim....though without any proof, I doubt they're any more patriotic than other Americans. No football team wants a loser like Kaepernick Actually, the losers are those who are upset with a player, protesting peacefully, not bothering an intelligent soul while supporting the Constitutional rights of all Americans.  When have you ever done that?  on their team where other fans will NOT pay to go see him. Many fans go to see their team play and couldn't careless about one player.  If he was white, there would be far less outrage. Whites don't mind someone beating up his wife or girlfriend, but take a knee during the anthem?  Oh MY Gawd.... He has freedom of speeh and expression and so do the fans and owners of the team. Yup. Like the other posters suggested, he can always try for another position at McDonalds if THEY will take him. A black, black-balled for exercising his Constitutional rights and speaking up for others...of course Conservatives would be ok with that; they're such hypocrites.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors