Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Colin Kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem

Message 211 of 216

@oceanflower wrote:

He's a second rate quarterback and a third rate citizen.

So let's take away this right as an American citizen to protest that we apparently go to war for.  And certainly any person with money has no need to be concerned about the OTHER citizens he shares the country with, right?  That's what you goofs are saying.  The NFL sees it differently.

Any other civil rights on your list of bad, awful, really, really bad?

Calling me "you goofs" goofy, eh? 

That is pretty strong language,  but not out of character. Words speak volumes about the person.  We now have a strong indicator of your character. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 212 of 216

He's a second rate quarterback and a third rate citizen.

So let's take away this right as an American citizen to protest that we apparently go to war for.  And certainly any person with money has no need to be concerned about the OTHER citizens he shares the country with, right?  That's what you goofs are saying.  The NFL sees it differently.

Any other civil rights on your list of bad, awful, really, really bad?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 213 of 216

@fangoh45 wrote:

This POS talks about how blacks are oppressed. I wonder what his salary is?  He's a second rate quarterback and a third rate citizen. 

At least, the loony leftists have a new hero!

Average annual salary = around $19 million.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 214 of 216

T

@Richva wrote:

I am reminded of the Olympic Games held in Mexico City when the Black, American Medalists gave the black power salute after they received their medals. The nation was "shocked, I tell you, shocked" and went on to ignore the many warnings until our cities were burning as a result of the treatment of minorities.  Looks like history is repeating itself.  

Marie Antoinette also said "Let them eat cake". It did not turn out too well for her either.  You are looking at the wrong issue. 

sports-olympics-moments-tommie-smith-John-Carlos-black-power-salute-687x1024.jpg

This person talks about how blacks are oppressed. I wonder what his salary is?  He's a second rate quarterback and a third rate citizen. 

At least, the loony leftists have a new hero!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 215 of 216

I am reminded of the Olympic Games held in Mexico City when the Black, American Medalists gave the black power salute after they received their medals. The nation was "shocked, I tell you, shocked" and went on to ignore the many warnings until our cities were burning as a result of the treatment of minorities.  Looks like history is repeating itself.  

Marie Antoinette also said "Let them eat cake". It did not turn out too well for her either.  You are looking at the wrong issue. 

sports-olympics-moments-tommie-smith-John-Carlos-black-power-salute-687x1024.jpg

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Colin Kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem

Message 216 of 216

Colin Kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick has willingly immersed himself into controversy by refusing to stand for the playing of the national anthem in protest of what he deems are wrongdoings against African Americans and minorities in the United States.

His latest refusal to stand for the anthem -- he has done this in at least one other preseason game -- came before the 49ers' preseason loss to Green Bay at Levi's Stadium on Friday night.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

The 49ers issued a statement about Kaepernick's decision: "The national anthem is and always will be a special part of the pre-game ceremony. It is an opportunity to honor our country and reflect on the great liberties we are afforded as its citizens. In respecting such American principles as freedom of religion and freedom of expression, we recognize the right of an individual to choose and participate, or not, in our celebration of the national anthem."

READ MORE:  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691077/article/colin-kaepernick-explains-protest-of-national...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MY COMMENT:

Kapernick.jpg

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors