Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Colin Kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem

Message 1 of 216

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

My suggestion for those that don't like the National Anthem - move the hell out of the U.S. and don't ever come back.

"If you don't like it, leave," in all its variations, is a coward's argument. It's an argument made by people who are afraid of debate, don't understand logic, and want to escape the fray as quickly as possible. 

"If you don't like it, leave," implies that arguing for change is not permissible.

"If you don't like, leave," implies that dissent is unwarranted. 

"If you don't like, leave," implies that diversity of mind is out of bounds. 

There are many responses to this ridiculous argument and arguments like it.

Refuse: "No, I'm not going to leave. I'm going to fight."

Make the logical argument: "Telling me to leave implies that dissent and change are not permissible here. That is nonsense, of course. Change is constant, and it only comes through a diversity of opinions. This is not North Korea."

NOTE: This argument does not work in North Korea.

Attack: "It sounds like you're afraid of debate. Maybe your ideas suck and you know it. Maybe I intimidate you. Maybe you know that you're standing on shaky ground. Either way, I'm not taking my toys and going home because I'm not afraid of a good argument and a weak-willed sap like yourself."  

Historical: "If that was an actual argument, then it would stand to reason that anytime someone was not happy with a policy or position, they should leave. Women don't like receiving 70 cents on the dollar? Leave. African Americans don't like separate but equal? Leave. A soldier doesn't like a general's decision? Leave. That's just stupid. It's not how the world actually works outside of your head."

I tend to favor the attack strategy, but that may just be my nature.

Verbal Sparring: If you don't like it, leave.

Cowards suck!

Liberals are always in "attack mode" as proved by the violence seen daily on the news.  I see you prefer "attack" so that's the reason for your attacking any poster that doesn't have your liberal attitude?  Keep on with attacks on other posters - I'm sure they don't care as I don't.

I don't prefer "attack mode" as you suggest, that was the author of the article posted. I actually prefer the logical argument as several here have pointed out previously, but sadly, it's hard to have a "logical discussion" with most Conservatives on this forum as many are politically bigoted.

And cowards STILL suck!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 216

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

My suggestion for those that don't like the National Anthem - move the hell out of the U.S. and don't ever come back.

"If you don't like it, leave," in all its variations, is a coward's argument. It's an argument made by people who are afraid of debate, don't understand logic, and want to escape the fray as quickly as possible. 

"If you don't like it, leave," implies that arguing for change is not permissible.

Make the logical argument: "Telling me to leave implies that dissent and change are not permissible here. That is nonsense, of course. Change is constant, and it only comes through a diversity of opinions. This is not North Korea."

Attack: "It sounds like you're afraid of debate. Maybe your ideas suck and you know it. Maybe I intimidate you. Maybe you know that you're standing on shaky ground. Either way, I'm not taking my toys and going home because I'm not afraid of a good argument and a weak-willed sap like yourself."  

Historical: "If that was an actual argument, then it would stand to reason that anytime someone was not happy with a policy or position, they should leave. Women don't like receiving 70 cents on the dollar? Leave. African Americans don't like separate but equal? Leave. A soldier doesn't like a general's decision? Leave. That's just stupid. It's not how the world actually works outside of your head."

Cowards suck!

Liberals are always in "attack mode" as proved by the violence seen daily on the news.  I see you prefer "attack" so that's the reason for your attacking any poster that doesn't have your liberal attitude?  Keep on with attacks on other posters - I'm sure they don't care as I don't.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 216

@MIseker wrote:
These racist words are part of the anthem:

No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand <<< just whites

In the war of 1812, the Brits gave freedom to slaves that fought with them against the us. this verse is outright saying those people should be killed..for fighting for their personal freedom.

and thats the facts. Its a white peoples song..

Id rather have "this land is my land" or "america the beautiful" . why have a military march lol.

More white racism that only low life white trash could approve of...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 216

@sinai wrote:

"Freedom of Speech"?

Would you support removal of  athletic schlorship for those student athletes who protest, riot, destroy proprerty  preventing any  difference of opinion  from their own?

I know why this hasn't happen. It's called--COURAGE

Affectionately

Sinai  

they lose their scholarship for all kinds of reasons.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 216

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Cowards suck!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 216

@MIseker wrote:
These racist words are part of the anthem:

No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand <<< just whites

In the war of 1812, the Brits gave freedom to slaves that fought with them against the us. this verse is outright saying those people should be killed..for fighting for their personal freedom.

and thats the facts. Its a white peoples song..

Id rather have "this land is my land" or "america the beautiful" . why have a military march lol.

Nice work, MIseker.....

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 216

@sinai wrote:

Would you support removal of  athletic schlorship for those student athletes who protest, NO!  riot,  yes   destroy proprerty  depends, it happens quite often when testosterone meets alcohol....  preventing any  difference of opinion  from their own?  Again, happens all the time....

Luv ya, too.....

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 216

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

What a quaint and drolly amusing post...

Deserving of mockery?

The majority of American Citizens - who did not vote for trump - and currently mock his incompetence - might well see it that way.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 216

@sinai wrote:

Would be so kind as to name atheletes who sacfrices their  peak playing careers to serve America  during  its wars? By the way ,   There were Jews, Italians , Irish , Germans,  Catholics ,  Blacks who  served honorably  and put aside their own feelings for the good of the country. .  All had unsurmantable  discrimination.  In fact, there's not one group of people in our country that hasn't had  unparalled loathing. None more so then the Irish, Italians, and Catholics.

Sinai 

Muhammed Ali

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 216

Kudos
Views