Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Colin Kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem

Message 71 of 216

Here's how some feel Colin Kaepernick's attitude is:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/qq0_nyWVXCI

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 216

This is great. Every time some Conservative likes a Facebook post condemning this protest, it gets more traction.  It is like trying to kill a plant by feeding and watering it. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 216

The lack of spacing is not a problem.

I have always agreed with what Kapernick said about the deliberate and calculatedly disingenuous conservative error in addressing whether or not the manner in which he sent his message was or was not "patriotic" or "dishonored the nation" - which it unquestionably did NOT - and failed to address the fact of white cops getting a pass and not being prosecuted for their unjustified killings of unarmed minority persons - clear and unambiguous evidence of institutionalized racism in law enforcement.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 216
My post below came through without spacing and will not allow me to edit it. Sorry
Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 216
Kaepernick jerseys have gone from middle of the pack in sales to top of the heap. What effect did the opinions of those who do not support him have upon the vastly increased sales of his jerseys after he did not stand? Did their lack of support keep it from becoming a temporary cause celebre? No quite the opposite which was my point. It appeared to me that the post was pointing somewhat more in the opposite direction from that of your stated intent - hence the nature of my response... H. L. Mencken wrote - "In this vale of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican." Kaepernick made a statement. Those who did not agree with his position would have been better served by addressing his position rather than the way that he chose to make it imho, or in other words his reasons rather than his right to make a statement.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 216

The bigotry, close mindedness, and Constitutional ignorance that Kaepernick's actions has exposed in certain Right Wing posters here is astounding.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 216

@nyadrn wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@nyadrn wrote:

Actually those that do not support Kaepernick vastly underestimate the power of ignor.  

Every single human being has an opinion and is entitled to it.    The fact that they are a Kardashian or Average Joe makes no difference.  

Kaepernick jerseys have gone from middle of the pack in sales to top of the heap.

What effect did the opinions of those who do not support him have upon the vastly increased sales of his jerseys after he did not stand?

Did their lack of support keep it from becoming a temporary cause celebre?

No quite the opposite which was my point.   

It appeared to me that the post was pointing somewhat more in the opposite direction from that of your stated intent - hence the nature of my response...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 216

@alferdpacker wrote:

@nyadrn wrote:

Actually those that do not support Kaepernick vastly underestimate the power of ignor.  

Every single human being has an opinion and is entitled to it.    The fact that they are a Kardashian or Average Joe makes no difference.  

Kaepernick jerseys have gone from middle of the pack in sales to top of the heap.

What effect did the opinions of those who do not support him have upon the vastly increased sales of his jerseys after he did not stand?

No quite the opposite which was my point.   

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 216

@nyadrn wrote:

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 216

Kudos
Views