Honored Social Butterfly

Cohen claims Trump knew about Russia

And says he will testify to that effect for Mueller.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/26/politics/michael-cohen-donald-trump-june-2016-meeting-knowledge/index...

(CNN)Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump's former personal attorney, claims that then-candidate Trump knew in advance about the June 2016 meeting in Trump Tower in which Russians were expected to offer his campaign dirt on Hillary Clinton, sources with knowledge tell CNN. Cohen is willing to make that assertion to special counsel Robert Mueller, the sources said.

Honored Social Butterfly

Kushner, Don Jr, Manafort & at least 5 others were in that meeting.  To think dt one floor above knew absolutly nothing about it.........is absolutely absurd.  Especially when he likes to go on about "tapes", "recordings" and people spying on him.  Sheer projection.

Manafort's trial begins this Tuesday, the 31st with at least 35 witnesses testifying.  I don't believe Cohen will be the only person willing to tell the court(s) and Mueller what they know about Russian activity.

dt is going to have another bad week.

Honored Social Butterfly

Trump has been going to Russia for over thirty years.

The Russians have been grooming him and setting up multiple kinds of carefully arranged, well staged, and thoroughly documented "kompromat" for many of those thirty-one years...

Was Cohen a part of trump's actions?  

Yep.

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

For weeks, RK claimed the meeting was about adoption. It took a long time to convince him he was wrong.

Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

For weeks, RK claimed the meeting was about adoption. It took a long time to convince him he was wrong.

From the get-go rk has accurately stated that discussing adoption was her agenda and she scammed them into the meeting with the opposition research promise. He has also quite accurately pointed out that when her true agenda came out, they walked.

Can ct point out where rk was wrong??

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

From the get-go rk has accurately stated that discussing adoption was her agenda and she scammed them into the meeting with the opposition research promise. He has also quite accurately pointed out that when her true agenda came out, they walked.

Yeah, they walked so Junior P-Grabber could call Daddy and get his go-ahead. This is becoming increasingly obvious, and will be proven once Mueller brings his top-level indictments.

Until then, PaintItBlack suggests that RK stick to that comforting fantasy of his. It will at least give him a few months of oblivious comfort.

(Gee, this third-person thing is wierd even when I'm just doing it to poke fun. Why does RK do it? Does he think he's a king?)

Honored Social Butterfly

@PaintItBlack wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Yeah, they walked so Junior P-Grabber could call Daddy and get his go-ahead. This is becoming increasingly obvious, and will be proven once Mueller brings his top-level indictments.

Until then, PaintItBlack suggests that RK stick to that comforting fantasy of his. It will at least give him a few months of oblivious comfort.

(Gee, this third-person thing is wierd even when I'm just doing it to poke fun. Why does RK do it? Does he think he's a king?)

Yes, it is strange. ct seems to prefer to talk about rather than to fellow posters so I try t reply "in kind".

As to the meeting with the lobbyist - I'll have to take your word for what happened - I wasn't there.

I still don't get the big deal. With all that is going on in the nation and the world, a meeting with someone offering "dirt" does seem small potatoes.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

It wouldn't surprise me at all that Faux News is still, pushing that theory. Not at all.....just ridiculous and makes you want to shake your head, repeatedly.
Honored Social Butterfly

@Tom5678 wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me at all that Faux News is still, pushing that theory. Not at all.....just ridiculous and makes you want to shake your head, repeatedly.

It shouldn't be hard to determine the position of Fox. I believe that they have been right all along because they were wise enough to state the same as I did. Of course, if you have a youtube or transcript showing otherwise, it would be worth posting.

That sort of substantiation is a much greater contribution to the discussion than head shaking.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Official state media channel is so bad people are leaving its sinking ship. Their problems with the truth are as well known as Trumps.
Honored Social Butterfly

@Tom5678 wrote:
Official state media channel is so bad people are leaving its sinking ship. Their problems with the truth are as well known as Trumps.

The free market in action. If people don't watch, they fold. Sorta like CNN that is only saved by it's airport contracts.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:

It shouldn't be hard to determine the position of Fox. I believe that they have been right all along because they were wise enough to state the same as I did. Of course, if you have a youtube or transcript showing otherwise, it would be worth posting.

That sort of substantiation is a much greater contribution to the discussion than head shaking.

Yet another lie for trump?

Was initial Trump statement on Trump Tower meeting accurate, as lawyers' memo said? | PolitiFact

Of course credulous and obtuse trump supporters would much rather believe the network Russians have long ago hacked into - Fox - than their lying eyes...

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

A meeting was held with a lobbyist who claimed to have opposition research. Nothing came of the meeting. 

Yet, look at all the topics and posts. You'd think the President had secretly asked for patience 'til after the the elections when he could weaken our defenses and no one could stop him.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

A meeting was held with a lobbyist (government lawyer) who claimed to have opposition research. Nothing came of the meeting.  And EVERY American that attended the meeting lied about how many people attended the meeting.  So rk and other trump culties expect everyone believe them.  Why?  Those Americans at the meeting are all proven to be liars.

Yet, look at all the topics and posts. You'd think the President had secretly asked for patience 'til after the the elections when he could weaken our defenses and no one could stop him. Actually, it appears it's only you that believe your own untruths and made-up scenario's.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

A meeting was held with a lobbyist (government lawyer) who claimed to have opposition research. Nothing came of the meeting.  And EVERY American that attended the meeting lied about how many people attended the meeting.  So rk and other trump culties expect everyone believe them.  Why?  Those Americans at the meeting are all proven to be liars. I thought the issue was "who knew what?". I'm not familiar with the body count as an indictable issue. Can you expand?

Yet, look at all the topics and posts. You'd think the President had secretly asked for patience 'til after the the elections when he could weaken our defenses and no one could stop him. Actually, it appears it's only you that believe your own untruths and made-up scenario's. Mueller is not investigating me. My actions with a lobbyist do not have anyone's panties in a wad - so how is that comment relevant?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

A meeting was held with a lobbyist (government lawyer) who claimed to have opposition research. Nothing came of the meeting.  And EVERY American that attended the meeting lied about how many people attended the meeting.  So rk and other trump culties expect everyone believe them.  Why?  Those Americans at the meeting are all proven to be liars. I thought the issue was "who knew what?". I'm not familiar with the body count as an indictable issue. Can you expand?  I could, but it would go over your head like most facts do.  But thanks for asking......  But when several lie about the small details. why would any intelligent person think they'd be telling the truth about the substantive points.  Oh, that's right.....they wouldn't.

Yet, look at all the topics and posts. You'd think the President had secretly asked for patience 'til after the the elections when he could weaken our defenses and no one could stop him. Actually, it appears it's only you that believe your own untruths and made-up scenario's. Mueller is not investigating me. Maybe he should....My actions with a lobbyist do not have anyone's panties in a wad - so how is that comment relevant?  Because only YOU believe your nonsense.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

A meeting was held with a lobbyist (government lawyer) who claimed to have opposition research. Nothing came of the meeting.  And EVERY American that attended the meeting lied about how many people attended the meeting.  So rk and other trump culties expect everyone believe them.  Why?  Those Americans at the meeting are all proven to be liars. I thought the issue was "who knew what?". I'm not familiar with the body count as an indictable issue. Can you expand?  I could, but it would go over your head like most facts do.  But thanks for asking......  But when several lie about the small details. why would any intelligent person think they'd be telling the truth about the substantive points.  Oh, that's right.....they wouldn't.

Yet, look at all the topics and posts. You'd think the President had secretly asked for patience 'til after the the elections when he could weaken our defenses and no one could stop him. Actually, it appears it's only you that believe your own untruths and made-up scenario's. Mueller is not investigating me. Maybe he should....My actions with a lobbyist do not have anyone's panties in a wad - so how is that comment relevant?  Because only YOU believe your nonsense.

Yes, a lobbyist  and a lawyer admitted to to the country by the Obama State Department to lobby.

I really do not know how many were there nor do I see how that matters. And I do not see how it is an indictable issue - you seem to but prefer to be snarky rather than share.

What was my "made up scenario" and "untruths" about Obama asking for patience?

And what is the nonsense I believe that you refer to?

Eventually you will come to a realization that mere insults do not make your point. Facts are needed.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Credibility issues count as well !!!

Honored Social Butterfly

Over 3,000 lies and being protected by a "fixer" lawyer , who he now accuses of being a liar. What a combination. Where is there any credibility ?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Come on Centrist. What's wrong with you? "Comrade" Trump denied even knowing all those women who claimed he slept with them. He paid them hundreds of thousands of dollars just on a whim, not because their stories were true.

Ask RK, he'll tell you that his idol and hero is a wonderful family man, always loyal to his wife.

Honored Social Butterfly

Centrist said, "Did anyone REALLY believe trump didn't know what was going on?  He's a control freak"

Of course he is. Nobody in the Trump organization does anythng significant without Comrade Trump knowing everything about it. I believe earlier today Trump denied knowing about the meeting. Since Trump lies in every other sentence, that tell us he did know.

Excuse me Centrist, maybe I'm wrong because I just remembered that RK told us Trump isn't a liar.

Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Centrist said, "Did anyone REALLY believe trump didn't know what was going on?  He's a control freak"

Of course he is. Nobody in the Trump organization does anythng significant without Comrade Trump knowing everything about it. I believe earlier today Trump denied knowing about the meeting. Since Trump lies in every other sentence, that tell us he did know.

Excuse me Centrist, maybe I'm wrong because I just remembered that RK told us Trump isn't a liar.

Well, there IS that......

LOL!!!

Another trump Culty say's she doesn't believe any of the woman that claimed trump slept with them after he married Melania.  Maybe these Culties should be drug tested or at least have a mental evaluation.

Honored Social Butterfly

Yes but Davis didn’t deny the validity of the claim. He had no comment. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Yes but Davis didn’t deny the validity of the claim. He had no comment. 

There are several most wonderful things that come to mind ....... if this latest revelation is True 

1. According to reporting - there were several people present at the meeting where Cohen claims Trump was informed about a pending meetng with Russians claiming of having dirt on Clinton in Trump Tower ahead of the meeting - several people who are now potential corroborating witnesses........

2. We now know Cohen had a personal habit of - Taping - conversations ........ if he taped a meeting in Trumps office about the National Enquirer - why wouldn't he tape a meeting of this importance or at the very least have made conteporaneous notes - talked to his wife - girlfriend - cigar smoking buddy 

3. Trump Jr has already testified under oath in front of Congress that he never told his Father anything about this meeting in Trump Tower with Russians before or after - we already know that's a lie because Hope Hicks said they could kill the fact that Trump himself drafted the cover-up letter about the meeting being about adoptions - that's perjury Don Jr

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Honored Social Butterfly

Yesterday we heard that Mueller was looking at Trump tweets and that his Finance Chief to his campaign had been subpoenaed, so welcome to bombshell Friday!! Came as no surprise to me what so ever. Trump knew it all before it came out! He seemed to know of the 30,000 emails of Hillary's before it was put out, thanks to wikileaks and Russia. Mueller has lit a fire beneath Trump, and Trump is starting to feel the heat. I have a hunch that the secret talks Trump had with Putin was how to handle the coming firestorm, what to say, what not to say, how to act and so on. He got advice from the Master, Vlad. Can't wait to hear how official State Media TV, otherwise known as Faux News spins this.......
Regular Social Butterfly

@Tom5678

I'm sure the secret meeting was to get many pointers from Putin. I bet even how to become a dictator!!
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Honored Social Butterfly

Did anyone REALLY believe trump didn't know what was going on?  He's a control freak and his son't know better than to keep him in the dark. Don Jr. called a blocked number three 3x's just before the meeting and again immediately after.  He testified he didn't recall who any of the calls were to.....yeah, right!  Daddy has a "blocked" cell phone.  Wanna bet who he called?  It was reported last night that the phone company can be subpoenaed to provide that information.  I bet Mueller has it already and knows who little Donnie called....

Honored Social Butterfly

the only ones who won't believe it, predictably of course, will be those under the Trump cult.
Honored Social Butterfly

On this particular issue,. I don't think that any of that came from the Cohen  lawyer  as he has stated that they have no verification of any of htis. 
I have to think that it has come from the Trump people who are trying now to discretid Cohen as a liar so no one believes anything on his case.  
This information does nothing to the Cohen case, therefore to disclose anything like that woudl defeat their purpose.

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump is the one who put this out - hoping he could catch the News Media running with it and then he could say Gotcha..........see this is all Fake News just like this phony story I planted

What possible reason would Cohen have to put this out for free if he's trying to get a deal from the Justice Dept 

He would save something big like this as leverage for a deal

Lanny Davis has already come out and said this info. did not come from him or Cohen 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png