With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Clinton Foundation Accepted Millions

Message 41 of 55

This does not look very good for Hillary, as it appears she has been selling influence.  What should she do?  Does this bother democrats?

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 55

@rk9152 wrote:

...I'm surprised that Jeb Bush's wife's spending habits didn't get mentioned - yet.

No that you mention it, didn't she try to smuggle goods through customs without declaring them?  And how about their kids?  Narcotics, etc....  Doesn't he have a fine upstanding family?  Typical Republican family.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 55

The usual circle the wagon defense - "jimmy", "Koch", Romney, the wife of a Justice - I'm surprised that Jeb Bush's wife's spending habits didn't get mentioned - yet. Overlooked is the potential of foreign entities buying influence with one who would be President. I guess that is truly a topic better buried under insults, diversions and non sequiturs.

This does bring up another interesting topic though - two types of charities. In one an individual takes his or her own money and "does good". In the other an individual sets up a charity with their name on it and figure out how to spend other people's money (foreign money in this case) while accepting accolades for their goodness.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 55

The Clinton Foundation has raised over two billion dollars for good works since 2001.

I find it amazing people find fault with that.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

Name the Republican candidate that isnt bought.

Jimmy should mention something about Boehner and his financial interests in the XL pipeline.

this is gonna be like rk on the labor thread. what do you mean by bought? is it a pac? can you see if the Kochs are doing it? do my research for me an i will twist some more.

I doubt Jimmy can answer that.  He posted this more out of political reasons for smearing Clinton.  You think the Koch bros will be spending a cool billion on the 2016 campaign just because they love the country?

soitenly lol

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 55

@MIseker wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

Jimmy should mention something about Boehner and his financial interests in the XL pipeline.

this is gonna be like rk on the labor thread. what do you mean by bought? is it a pac? can you see if the Kochs are doing it? do my research for me an i will twist some more.

I doubt Jimmy can answer that.  He posted this more out of political reasons for smearing Clinton.  You think the Koch bros will be spending a cool billion on the 2016 campaign just because they love the country?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 55

@MIseker wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 55

@jimc91 wrote:
 February 25 at 7:41 PM   

The Clinton Foundation accepted millions of dollars from seven foreign governments during Hillary Rodham Clinton’s tenure as secretary of state, including one donation that violated its ethics agreement with the Obama administration, foundation officials disclosed Wednesday.

Most of the contributions were possible because of exceptions written into the foundation’s 2008 agreement, which included limits on foreign-government donations.

The agreement, reached before Clinton’s nomination amid concerns that countries could use foundation donations to gain favor with a Clinton-led State Department, allowed governments that had previously donated money to continue making contributions at similar levels.

The new disclosures, provided in response to questions from The Washington Post, make clear that the 2008 agreement did not prohibit foreign countries with interests before the U.S. government from giving money to the charity closely linked to the secretary of state.

In one instance, foundation officials acknowledged they should have sought approval in 2010 from the State Department ethics office, as required by the agreement for new government donors, before accepting a $500,000 donation from the Algerian government.

The money was given to assist with earthquake relief in Haiti, the foundation said. At the time, Algeria, which has sought a closer relationship with Washington, was spending heavily to lobby the State Department on human rights issues.

While the foundation has disclosed foreign-government donors for years, it has not previously detailed the donations that were accepted during Clinton’s four-year stint at the State Department.

Read More:  http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/foreign-governments-gave-millions-to-foundation-while-clinton...

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 55

@LeCherie wrote:

In foreign countries the Clinton's are know for their Good Works.  Since you brought this point up, shall we talk about the Supreme Court Justice whose wife in involved with a hate group?

Jim doesn't care if the money was put to good use or not.  Just another chance to smear the Clintons.  I believe the article said that Algeirs gave $500,000 to the foundation with the specific purpose for earthquake relief in Haiti.....and that's where the money went.  Sinister isn't it!!

Kudos
Views