You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Climate Change Denialist resort to Stalking

Message 1 of 10

@jimc91 wrote:

Leave it to the climate deniers to find someone who admits "I did not know much about it".  Also, they brag about his being a Nobel Laureate but don't mention that it has nothing to do with Climat change.  Give it up. Science has proved this and you are wrong. 

Shortly after Dr. Giaever delivered his speech, his comments about President Obama began appearing on conservative web sites, cited as proof that global warming is a "hoax" and a "conspiracy." However, Dr. Giaever (a physicist, not a climatologist) has given the same type of global warming speech in the same setting before, and by his own admission he doesn't know much about the subject:

"I am not really terribly interested in global warming. Like most physicists I don't think much about it. But in 2008 I was in a panel here about global warming and I had to learn something about it. And I spent a day or so — half a day maybe on Google, and I was horrified by what I learned. And I'm going to try to explain to you why that was the case."

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

@easyed598 wrote:

I remember  the good old days when we used to have glaciers -before Al Gore warned us they would all be melted in 2014 -Oh wait a minute ,we still have them .How could the enviromentalists be so wrong???

We all remember when Rush Limabaugh said "It was cold this winter so Global Warming must be a hoax". Unfortunately, that is weather and we are talking climate. How easy to make fun of those people who think all is well if we still have 1/100 of a glacier left.  LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

This figure shows the cumulative change in mass balance of a set of “reference” glaciers worldwide beginning in 1945. The line on the upper graph represents the average of all the glaciers that were measured. Negative values indicate a net loss of ice and snow compared with the base year of 1945. For consistency, measurements are in meters of water equivalent, which represent changes in the average thickness of a glacier. The small chart below shows how many glaciers were measured in each year. Some glacier measurements have not yet been finalized for the last few years, hence the smaller number of sites.

glaciers-figure1-2016.png

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

These folks are going to have to go international, as the Mayor of Vancouver, BC has said that the Kinder Morgan pipeline is too dangerous.   

Vancouver Mayor Gregor Robertson says the Trans Mountain expansion is too dangerous and Prime Miniser Justin Trudeau should send Texas-based Kinder Morgan packing when his cabinet announces the fate of the pipeline later this year.

Roughly 80 per cent of Robertson's constituents oppose the expansion project and, according to thousands of pages of test results compiled by the city's consultants, it would expose Vancouver residents to "disastrous" health, economic, and environmental risks if approved.

The pipeline would increase tanker traffic by 600 per cent, Robertson argued, decimating Vancouver's green reputation even without a critical oil spill.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

These folks are going to have to go international, as the Mayor of Vancouver, BC has said that the Kinder Morgan pipeline is too dangerous.   

Vancouver Mayor Gregor Robertson says the Trans Mountain expansion is too dangerous and Prime Miniser Justin Trudeau should send Texas-based Kinder Morgan packing when his cabinet announces the fate of the pipeline later this year.

Roughly 80 per cent of Robertson's constituents oppose the expansion project and, according to thousands of pages of test results compiled by the city's consultants, it would expose Vancouver residents to "disastrous" health, economic, and environmental risks if approved.

The pipeline would increase tanker traffic by 600 per cent, Robertson argued, decimating Vancouver's green reputation even without a critical oil spill.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

To the distractors:   no this is not the ONLY problem, but it is one that the GOP are denying even exists as they ignore Global Temperature increases with 2016 temperatures being highest on record.   No, not in the US, but globally.    When temperatures reach 120, are you really going to demand workers work in that temperature.   (oh, they have already reached that temp, here in the US / **bleep**)  and the answer is NO people cannot work in those temp for protracted periods of time, such as an entire work day.   To those here who make claims about economic understanding, means a loss in productivity and in RTW states, less income to workers, less available capital, etc.   

The GOP have long believed that harrassment / spying is a good thing - they are sick human beings, IMO, which is why I did a happy dance when Tricky Dick resigned instead of facing up to being impeached.      

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

@easyed598 wrote:

I remember  the good old days when we used to have glaciers -before Al Gore warned us they would all be melted in 2014 -Oh wait a minute ,we still have them .How could the enviromentalists be so wrong???

Al Gore Polar bears.jpg

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

Dumb-o-crats think global warming is the biggest problem and threat we have, way below jobs disappearing, terrorism, dividing the races, and increased poverty.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Climate Change Denialist resort to Stalking

Message 10 of 10

Climate denialist are losing their battle based on the facts so they have settled on their new plan - adopt the James O'Keefe model:  Stalk anyone they disagree with, make a video, splice and dice taking any comment out of context and smearing them.   

Losers are desperate - and of course they are backed by GOP money.  

http://www.desmogblog.com/america-rising-llc-pac-america-rising-squared-definers-public-affairs

Kudos
Views
Replies