Reply
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
193
Views

Re: Classmate Remembers Incident Talked About

193 Views
Message 11 of 44

@jimc91- did the classmate in question take a polygraph test?

 

What was the result?

 

Has Kavanaugh taken a polygraph test?

 

Why not?  Does he have something to hide?

 

Why are you posting off topic?

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
193
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
180
Views

Re: Classmate Remembers Incident Talked About

180 Views
Message 12 of 44

@jimc91 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 You are wrong.    

 

What proof or backup can you offer to backup your comment ? 

 

Really?  Which of the over 20K would you like assistance with?


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
180
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
181
Views

Re: Classmate Remembers Incident Talked About

181 Views
Message 13 of 44
How Accurate are Polygraphs

Officially they are labeled as polygraph machines, largely due to the fact that there's no such thing as a lie detector. One must keep in mind that these machines are more like lying indicators, not lie detectors. They are not admissible in court, simply because they are conclusively unreliable.

 

The general accuracy and validity of lie detectors have been widely contested since its first introduction. The National Academy of Sciences concluded that the overwhelming majority of polygraph research is biased and purely unscientific. Bottom line is that the polygraph is useful in that it aides in detecting possible deception, yet is still a far cry from a proven scientific method.

 

Sources

https://owlcation.com/social-sciences/How-To-Beat-A-Polygraph-Test

 

 

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
181
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
188
Views

Classmate Remembers Incident Talked About

188 Views
Message 14 of 44

People without law enforcement experience, who read a few articles online, can claim whatever they want about polygraphs, but that doesn't translate over to the real world. The exams are extremely accurate. JimC read some articles on how to fool/pass a polygraph exam, but for most people, it almost certainly won't work.

 

Reading an article on how to control your emotions and actually doing it under intense pressure are very different. Only a small percentage of people can pull that off. 

 

Please keep in mind that those who administer polygraphs know all the tricks. Fooling the experts may sound easy in an online article, but it's extrememly rare. Is it possible? Yes, but very few people can pull that off. 

 

Do you know which segment of society can fool the examiner? The answer is psychopaths, because they have no conscience.

 

And just as important, criminal investigators learn an awful lot about the case when 1 of 2 parties agrees to and passes a polygraph, while the other party refuses to take one.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
188
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
182
Views

Re: Classmate Remembers Incident Talked About

182 Views
Message 15 of 44

The Truth About Lie Detectors (aka Polygraph Tests)

 
Most psychologists agree that there is little evidence that polygraph tests can accurately detect lies.
 
 
 
VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
182
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
176
Views

Re: Classmate Remembers Incident Talked About

176 Views
Message 16 of 44

@Centristsin2010 You are wrong.    

 

What proof or backup can you offer to backup your comment ?   

 

 

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
176
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
175
Views

Re: Classmate Remembers Incident Talked About

175 Views
Message 17 of 44

@jimc91 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

For both Centrist and Not Happening:

 

  • If someone applies for a job with the FBI and fails their polygraph exam, they will NOT be hired.
  • If someone is under investigation for a "Top Secret" Security Clearance and they fail their polygraph exam, they will NOT receive a "Top Secret Security Clearance"

What does that tell you about polygraph exams? They are not admissable in court, but they do have powerful consequences because they are extremely accurate. No, they're not 100% accurate but they are a valuable tool.

 

And as I stated earlier, in a case where there are 2 different versions of an event, a polygraph exam is the perfect tool. If only 1 of those 2 people takes the polygraph and the other one refuses, what does that tell you? It's fairly obvious.


Edit Article

How to Pass a Polygraph Test

Four Parts:Before the PolygraphTaking and Passing the Polygraph NormallyManipulating the PolygraphAfter the PolygraphCommunity Q&A

The infamous polygraph test—also known as the "lie detector" test—is often looked upon as cause for anxiety and fear, even among people who are perfectly innocent and who should be able to pass the test without cheating or manipulating the results. If you need advice on how to pass a polygraph test one way or another, you've come to the right place.

 

https://www.wikihow.com/Pass-a-Polygraph-Test

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Many members of our Military are trained in this...  Why do you think they are not admissible in court as evidence?

 

Because they are easily manipulated...

 

Were Ford or Kavanaugh trained in the military?  The answer is NO!  That are NOT easily manipulated because if they were, the FBI, CIA and other intelligence and security entities wouldn't use them.

 

It's really sad how some can take a simple fact and distort it to try and prove a falsehood.  Again, if they were EASILY manipulated, these employers wouldn't use them.

 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
175
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
183
Views

Re: Classmate Remembers Incident Talked About

183 Views
Message 18 of 44

@CriticalThinking wrote:

For both Centrist and Not Happening:

 

  • If someone applies for a job with the FBI and fails their polygraph exam, they will NOT be hired.
  • If someone is under investigation for a "Top Secret" Security Clearance and they fail their polygraph exam, they will NOT receive a "Top Secret Security Clearance"

What does that tell you about polygraph exams? They are not admissable in court, but they do have powerful consequences because they are extremely accurate. No, they're not 100% accurate but they are a valuable tool.

 

And as I stated earlier, in a case where there are 2 different versions of an event, a polygraph exam is the perfect tool. If only 1 of those 2 people takes the polygraph and the other one refuses, what does that tell you? It's fairly obvious.


Edit Article

How to Pass a Polygraph Test

Four Parts:Before the PolygraphTaking and Passing the Polygraph NormallyManipulating the PolygraphAfter the PolygraphCommunity Q&A

The infamous polygraph test—also known as the "lie detector" test—is often looked upon as cause for anxiety and fear, even among people who are perfectly innocent and who should be able to pass the test without cheating or manipulating the results. If you need advice on how to pass a polygraph test one way or another, you've come to the right place.

 

https://www.wikihow.com/Pass-a-Polygraph-Test

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Many members of our Military are trained in this...  Why do you think they are not admissible in court as evidence?

 

Because they are easily manipulated...

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
183
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
193
Views

Re: Classmate Remembers Incident Talked About

193 Views
Message 19 of 44

@CriticalThinking wrote:

For both Centrist and Not Happening:

 

  • If someone applies for a job with the FBI and fails their polygraph exam, they will NOT be hired.
  • If someone is under investigation for a "Top Secret" Security Clearance and they fail their polygraph exam, they will NOT receive a "Top Secret Security Clearance"

What does that tell you about polygraph exams? They are not admissable in court, but they do have powerful consequences because they are extremely accurate. No, they're not 100% accurate but they are a valuable tool.

 

And as I stated earlier, in a case where there are 2 different versions of an event, a polygraph exam is the perfect tool. If only 1 of those 2 people takes the polygraph and the other one refuses, what does that tell you? It's fairly obvious.


Right you are, CeeTee; right you are!  100% right in fact this time  Smiley Wink

 

Though, I don't believe failing a test and not getting hired would be considered a "legal consequence"....more like an employment consequence.

 

But it is a hoot how some want to distort the facts and do evertything possibe NOT to look into her story.  A man of integrity would want to take a lie detector test to clear his name.  In FACT, SENATOR Rand Paul suggested the trump admin take the test to find the Op-Ed writer.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
193
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
193
Views

Classmate Remembers Incident Talked About

193 Views
Message 20 of 44

For both Centrist and Not Happening:

 

  • If someone applies for a job with the FBI and fails their polygraph exam, they will NOT be hired.
  • If someone is under investigation for a "Top Secret" Security Clearance and they fail their polygraph exam, they will NOT receive a "Top Secret Security Clearance"

What does that tell you about polygraph exams? They are not admissable in court, but they do have powerful consequences because they are extremely accurate. No, they're not 100% accurate but they are a valuable tool.

 

And as I stated earlier, in a case where there are 2 different versions of an event, a polygraph exam is the perfect tool. If only 1 of those 2 people takes the polygraph and the other one refuses, what does that tell you? It's fairly obvious.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
193
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors