WATCH VIDEO: Friday's Iowa presidential candidate forum. Appearing are Beto O'Rourke, Elizabeth Warren, Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Church Killings

Message 1 of 9

All three mentioned were such tragic needless killings. So sad indeed. The most recent was against people of the Jewish faith, Semitic, which kind of separates it from the others. The Jewish people are hated for their Semitic faith/language and also the perception of their standing among the most wealthy and banking.

Different factors in all three but all were hate based. This last one could be getting more attention both because of what I first mentioned, because it is so close to the election, because trump has spread so much hate rhetoric, and it has become ramped up with the number of hate crimes increasing so much.

I agree that the one in Texas may have been drowned out some because of the magnitude of the Las Vegas killings so recently prior to it.

It is such a shame that these things have happened to prompt discussion about them and what they say about the hate harbored by so many in America.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

Chris Smith, a Republican senator from New Jersey, stated to the Freehold patch, that Trump will need an anti- Semitism Envoy soon. No date was given.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

@BigLib wrote:

All three shootings have received the coverage they warrant. I think maybe the Texas church shooting may have felt like it got lost in the shuffle, because of the extensive/overlap coverage of the Las Vegas shooting, just one month prior. Had the military done its job and reported his legal DQ from owning firearms, the Texas shooting might never have happened.

Good point about the timing, BigLib.  All of these shootings could have been prevented......in SC, had background checks been required for personal sales/transfer of guns....in PA, had those knowing the hate-filled agenda this clown had as he shared on Social Media, and communicated the threats like a REAL American would do, it may have been prevented.

Thank you for your input, BigLib....it's appreciated.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

All three shootings have received the coverage they warrant. I think maybe the Texas church shooting may have felt like it got lost in the shuffle, because of the extensive/overlap coverage of the Las Vegas shooting, just one month prior. Had the military done its job and reported his legal DQ from owning firearms, the Texas shooting might never have happened.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

@ManicProgressive wrote:

I feel there was as much coverage for the South Carolina church mass murder. But not the Texas one....don’t know why...

Yes, rather odd indeed.  You very well may be right about the SC shootings, though I don't recall the personal profiles of each victim being aired, except for a couple I guess.  Maybe I'm mistaken.....I'll blame it on the CTE's...

Thank you for your thoughtful input...

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

@H2Oh wrote:

Because it's right before the midterms in a swing state, and Republicans know that everyone else in the world but them believes that the new climate of GOP-fostered racism, bigotry and hate is ultimately behind the recent spate of killings.

They're in a panic, which draws the media's attention. And about time, too. 

So, you think it's politically based.  Interesting......though sad.  Thank you for your view.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

I feel there was as much coverage for the South Carolina church mass murder. But not the Texas one....don’t know why...

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

Because it's right before the midterms in a swing state, and Republicans know that everyone else in the world but them believes that the new climate of GOP-fostered racism, bigotry and hate is ultimately behind the recent spate of killings.

They're in a panic, which draws the media's attention. And about time, too. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Church Killings

Message 9 of 9

I may be wrong, but it seems to me that there is more national outrage over last weeks church shooting in Pittsburgh than other recent church shootings all of which were heinous and carried out by hate-filled white males.  Question:

Why is the shooting in the synagogue in Gettysburg PA, killing 11 more egregious and worthy of more personal profiles of the victims than the church killing 9 in SC or the 26 killed in Texas?

Is it the religion impacted?  The number of victims?  The hate in the perpetrator?

What are your thoughts?

Kudos
Views
Replies