With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Christie declines to be Trump's Chief of Staff

Message 1 of 10

trump bottom barrel.jpg

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

Oh, I figured it was because Christie didn’t want to face Jared all day every day. After sending his dad to prison, and all, for filming his brother in law having sex with a prostitute and then sending the video to his own sister for blackmail.  Class act, those Kushners. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

@easyed598 wrote:

Good for Christie-The Dems and media would have Crucified him from day one over the bridge incident.

Oh. Of COURSE that was his reasoning. I can't think of any other reasons he would turn it down. Like his reputation, his career, , his self respect (Look up Mr. Magoo and Dumb as a Rock)

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

Richva:   Once again, the Trump incompetence train has rolled through the station.  I suspect that the person taking the Chief of Staff job will be wearing the biggest "I am a loser and can't get a real job" sign you have ever seen. 

Trump has named Mick Mulvaney as acting COS. I think the odds are rising that by the time Trump is gone Mick Mulvaney will be his entire cabinet. Well, maybe Jared will get a couple of appointments too.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

Olderscout66:  Probably would violate Christie's plea deal on Bridgegate - you know, him agreeing to NOT associate with known felons??

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

Glad to hear that Chris Christie turned down the job.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

@easyed598 wrote:

Good for Christie-The Dems and media would have Crucified him from day one over the bridge incident.

Not really, Christie is too intelligent not to understand that the job now with Trump has become quite dangerous for anyone that takes that position. He knows that he cannot control Trump and Christie  after all could have political aspirations in the future. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

Probably would violate Christie's plea deal on Bridgegate - you know, him agreeing to NOT associate with known felons??

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Christie declines to be Trump's Chief of Staff

Message 10 of 10

Once again, the Trump incompetence train has rolled through the station.  I suspect that the person taking the Chief of Staff job will be wearing the biggest "I am a loser and can't get a real job" sign you have ever seen. 

I, too, miss having a real president. 

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said on Friday that he doesn't want to be Donald Trump's next chief of staff, leaving the president with a dwindling list of candidates and underscoring the chaos of the search for the top West Wing aide.

"It's an honor to have the President consider me as he looks to choose a new White House chief-of-staff," Christie wrote in a statement. "However, I've told the President that now is not the right time for me or my family to undertake this serious assignment. As a result, I have asked him to no longer keep me in any of his considerations of this post."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/14/christie-says-he-doesnt-want-to-be-trumps-chief-of-staff-1...

Kudos
Views
Replies