Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Christian Value 7 - Don't be a Hypocrite

Message 61 of 93

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Sorry rk9152 , but it takes Tax Dollars to have a Nation as strong as "Ours". Those who don't want to pay their fair share , can always move to Somalia.

Just imagine the Tax burden If all American's had a Gov't Pension with COLA's and Lifetime Healthcare ?

A lot of government workers and retirees stood by silently as the Republicans attacked unions and many of them stood against workers in the private sector having pensions and health care provided through their employers, calling it a burden on Corporations. Unions helped keep pensions and health care, the very thing that government workers enjoyed.  The word 'hypocrite' comes to mind.

Which aspect of the "Christian Value 7" refers to unions?? How does that bring misspelling to mind??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hypocrisy isn't a Christian value.

True - now what does Christianity say about right to work laws?

I never mentioned "misspelling".

Supposedly "hypocrit" came to mind. Even spelled correctly, you have to understand that merely typing "hypocrite" means nothing. Some detail is required.

What does Christianity say about hypocrisy?  If you want to start the spelling game, we can do that.

Details only confuse trump supporters.

Forget "Trump supporters" ....I'd bet most of America would LOVE to..... 

You overlooked, "...and concentrate on the issue - what does Christianity say about right to work law?" - any thoughts on that?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Sorry rk9152 , but it takes Tax Dollars to have a Nation as strong as "Ours". Those who don't want to pay their fair share , can always move to Somalia.

Just imagine the Tax burden If all American's had a Gov't Pension with COLA's and Lifetime Healthcare ?

A lot of government workers and retirees stood by silently as the Republicans attacked unions and many of them stood against workers in the private sector having pensions and health care provided through their employers, calling it a burden on Corporations. Unions helped keep pensions and health care, the very thing that government workers enjoyed.  The word 'hypocrite' comes to mind.

Which aspect of the "Christian Value 7" refers to unions?? How does that bring misspelling to mind??

Supposedly "hypocrit" came to mind. Even spelled correctly, you have to understand that merely typing "hypocrite" means nothing. Some detail is required.

What does Christianity say about hypocrisy?  If you want to start the spelling game, we can do that.

Forget "Trump supporters" ....I'd bet most of America would LOVE to..... 

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 93

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Forget "Trump supporters" and concentrate on the issue - what does Christianity say about right to work law? 

I'll agree - hypocrisy is a no-no.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 93

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

What do right to work laws have to do with the topic?

I have no idea. You'll have to check with chas as to what he/she/it meant by "...Republicans attacked unions and many of them stood against workers in the private sector having pensions...".

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 93

What do right to work laws have to do with the topic?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 93

@mandm84 wrote:

Spot on Chas. The old " as long as I got mine ".

Is personalizing really all ya got?

What has Christian value 7 to do with right to work laws - I believe that is what is being talked about in the reference to unions??

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 93

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 93

Spot on Chas. The old " as long as I got mine ".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors