Have questions about your Medicare options? AARP's Medicare Resource Center can help.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Christian Value 7 - Don't be a Hypocrite

Message 51 of 93

@williamb39198 wrote:
  • For myself, I think that many tend to ignore the golden rule. How do people really feel about having false accusations against them?..how do people feel about others fabricating lies against them?...how do people about others bearing false witness against them? Most likely they would not like it, but yet they are willing to do that to others. Not very Christian, are they?

But they are really good at hiding behind their Christian cloaks, and promoting a holier than thou attitude. 

Go ahead and cheat and lie, then be forgiven on Sunday. 

What they don’t comprehend, is that God knows exactly what they are doing and thinking. Perhaps they have convinced themselves that they are invisible...no, they are transparent! Their actions are obvious. 

Hypocrites?...Very!

So true, William.  Sadly, it's on display everyday.

What did Jesus mean by "you will know them by their fruit?"

"Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. So then, you will know them by their fruits," (Matthew 7:15-20).

Jesus' words here are a powerful warning that there are many who come in His name who are actively seeking to lead us away from the truth, and we are to be on guard against this threat. Wolves are not a thing that sheep should only concern themselves with when things get obviously bad. Sheep must always be alert and ready for such predators. And if the wolves can dress up as sheep, the threat becomes infinitely more severe. Jesus chose very strong words here to emphasize our need to be ever vigilant against a subtle but hostile threat to us and our brothers and sisters in Christ.

https://carm.org/you-will-know-them-by-their-fruit

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 93

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Forget "Trump supporters" and concentrate on the issue - what does Christianity say about right to work law? 

I'll agree - hypocrisy is a no-no.

So then "hypocrisy is a no-no".  Finally something we agree on.

So then, yes, that is what I said.

Unions fought for the general welfare of everyone, ....... fair wages, safety in the workplaces resulting in less death and injury. They fought for equal pay. they fought for equal rights in and out of the workplace. In my opinion it is hypocritical for the Republicans to say that they stand for those things yet they denigrated unions who actively stood up for and helped bring those things about in our society. 

I don't see Christianity in that? What does Christianity say about unions?

This may put me in trouble with cent who has decided to monitor this topic but what denigration are you talking about.

You ignore the hypocrisy in the Right attacking and destroying unions that stood for the  the advancement of equality and the general welfare of the American people ....... the things the conservatives claim to stand for.

Asking what Christianity has to do with unions is a distraction.

Did you happen to notice the topic?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 93

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Any thoughts? Sure...just another diversion from one who rarely remains on topic.

A poster did do a rant about Republicans harming unions as part of the topic. You did not refer to that as a "diversion" yet you opt to jump into the discussion of that and accuse me "diversion". Seems a bit biased.

So, do you have any thoughts on Christianity and right to work laws or would you prefer to "monitor" the board and tell that poster that such comments are not allowed?

To the contrary, I posted no "rant" about unions.  The topic is hypocrisy.  I posted how it is hypocritical of the right to denigrate unions when their purpose was always to improve pay, safety, health, equal rights, and the well being of all Americans, not just union represented workers. Conservatives claim to be 'for' all of those things and then denigrated and destroyed unions across America. That is hypocritical. No surprise, conservatives and Washington Republicans are hypocritical about most everything.

How have Conservatives "denigrated and destroyed unions" and what is Christian doctrine on unions?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Forget "Trump supporters" and concentrate on the issue - what does Christianity say about right to work law? 

Unions fought for the general welfare of everyone, ....... fair wages, safety in the workplaces resulting in less death and injury. They fought for equal pay. they fought for equal rights in and out of the workplace. In my opinion it is hypocritical for the Republicans to say that they stand for those things yet they denigrated unions who actively stood up for and helped bring those things about in our society. 

This may put me in trouble with cent who has decided to monitor this topic but what denigration are you talking about.

You ignore the hypocrisy in the Right attacking and destroying unions that stood for the  the advancement of equality and the general welfare of the American people ....... the things the conservatives claim to stand for.

Asking what Christianity has to do with unions is a distraction.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Any thoughts? Sure...just another diversion from one who rarely remains on topic.

A poster did do a rant about Republicans harming unions as part of the topic. You did not refer to that as a "diversion" yet you opt to jump into the discussion of that and accuse me "diversion". Seems a bit biased.

So, do you have any thoughts on Christianity and right to work laws or would you prefer to "monitor" the board and tell that poster that such comments are not allowed?

To the contrary, I posted no "rant" about unions.  The topic is hypocrisy.  I posted how it is hypocritical of the right to denigrate unions when their purpose was always to improve pay, safety, health, equal rights, and the well being of all Americans, not just union represented workers. Conservatives claim to be 'for' all of those things and then denigrated and destroyed unions across America. That is hypocritical. No surprise, conservatives and Washington Republicans are hypocritical about most everything.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 93

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 93

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 93

Any thoughts? Sure...just another diversion from one who rarely remains on topic. But thanks for asking.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 93

Kudos
Views