There's always more to discover with an AARP membership! Check out your member benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Christian Value 7 - Don't be a Hypocrite

Message 21 of 93
Centristsin2010............I want you to have a good afternoon, so I will answer one of your posts. Try to keep my posts straight, you are finding words that are not in my post. I don't think there was anything in it that said anything directly to you. Did you find that? Also I don't see anything about "faux" or germs. Are you confusing other posts with this one? Perhaps you may want to ask God what is best for you to believe. He has answers for you......guaranteed.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 93

@Soosie wrote:

I will add this to my comments earlier.  When I stand before God, it will be only God that I answer to.  There will be no one from Politics and Current Affairs sitting in.  God will require no direction from anyone who posts here.  I am sure He and I will be happy to eliminate the middle man or woman.   That is why I am a happy, content Christian.

We are told in the last days we will face those who hate.  We will face those who mock.  One thing is sure, there will be no politics discussed at this meeting and God will not be making any phone calls to get the opinion of others.  Who the President happens to be or has been will not be important.  This is such a comforting thought.

Yes, that's your belief.  Great!  I wish you well.  Though no one here will be at your "moment" as you say, it sounds like a mirror will be available since you believe you'll "face all those who hate".  Unlike you, I believe God doesn't ignore what the "faux" Christians post using Christ's name.  Germs? Really?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 93

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@Controlled42010 wrote:

Fishslayer, well,I am probably wrong for even speaking this way but,  I do not believe that Jesus Christ was in anyway affiliated with any political party! To my understanding he just tells us to follow the law so they have nothing to judge us wrongly for, no? The fruit...wolf in sheeps clothing...is all the deception, no? Deception that was mans fall from Grace to begin with, no?

You have the words, but you're creating a conflict, where non exists. Gods creation is one of order. 

Politics in the time of Jesus was historically recorded within the Bible. The "parties" (religions) at the time were many, but all were subjects,  under Roman law and control. Romans allowed the Jews to "govern" themselves to some degree, for the sake of "peace". 

Jesus was a Jew and subjected Himself to Jewish law and Roman authorities. It would take a lot of time to go into all the details. 

Roman 13: 1-7 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, you can read the rest if you like, but yes...  you're correct.

I understand the relationship between "fruits of the spirit " and wolf in sheep's clothing and that is why I brought up King David earlier. He was a great man, a great leader, crude in many ways, a shepard, hard working, a soldier, a man after Gods own heart... and yet he also was a murderer, a liar, deceitful, and adulterer etc... and from his "house",  Jesus was born. 

Now....  please understand,  I'm not saying president Trump is an equivolent to King David, so for some of you, calm down, but I have always said Trump may be the Gen. Patton of politics. 

You can bring up scriptures. You can bring up King David and explain that even he was a liar, deceitful, an adulterer, etc.

BUT ............... none of that justifies the hypocrisy of the Republican party or trump. Just as an example ......... I consider it to be hypocritical to profess to be Christian and support the KKK or any politician who doesn't stand up to and admonish them.

There is no justification, none. I was merely pointing out what you would throw away because of you sanctimonious faux outrage... God can...  and will use anyone, for our common good.  God is the ultimate recycler.  To bad you don't "get it". 

Why must every liberal have a list of what others are supposed to do, in order for them to be accepted? the speck and the plank applies. 

Yep, God can "use" anyone. He can use  hypocritical radical fundamentalist Christians who cherry pick certain scriptures (mostly old testament ones) supporting their radical political positions which direct people how to act to their liking as an example of how Christians are not supposed to act.

Why must radical fundamentalist Christians post cherry picked old testament scriptures to direct people on how to live while ignoring all of Christ's teachings?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 93
‎01-18-2019 08:07 AM
@Soosie Nice! Glad you felt comfortable enough to share. But we must remember that sometimes God's plans for us is not the easier path and that we have to show our true faith in Him and pray to the good Lord for his guidance through the path. Remember he tested his Twelve by asking them to step out into the troubled waters..........@Controlled42010........I will mention once again that my relationship with God is personal and I listen to His guidance. I am sure there are those who want to step in and do His job, but He is doing such an outstanding job, I dont' want to mess up His Plan that He has for my life . He and I are doing quite well with His leadership. I have to follow His Plan, not what someone might think or guess it is. If you have heard from God in some way that I am not doing this, feel free to post and I will read.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 93

I will add this to my comments earlier.  When I stand before God, it will be only God that I answer to.  There will be no one from Politics and Current Affairs sitting in.  God will require no direction from anyone who posts here.  I am sure He and I will be happy to eliminate the middle man or woman.   That is why I am a happy, content Christian.

We are told in the last days we will face those who hate.  We will face those who mock.  One thing is sure, there will be no politics discussed at this meeting and God will not be making any phone calls to get the opinion of others.  Who the President happens to be or has been will not be important.  This is such a comforting thought.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 93

@Controlled42010 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 Very well put......PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE...especially when they know how to spin it to some who will fight for their belief and cause!!!! 

Image result for indeed

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 93

@Centristsin2010 Very well put......PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE...especially when they know how to spin it to some who will fight for their belief and cause!!!!  Been there, done that....and obviously still doing!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 93

As has been posted before, REAL Christians are a blessing and admirable.  But sadly many speak out of both sides of the mouth.  Claiming to be one of Christ's chosen one's, yet spew their venom at every opportunity.  Are as divisive as possible.  For example, one claims to post topics here just to get others "going" while they sit back and watch the carnage they passive aggressively create....the said they get much enjoyment out of doing such.  I didn't notice that in 1st Corinthians 1:10.

Or any other Christian value.  Did you? As the topic accurately points out, another hypocrite!

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 93

@Soosie Nice! Glad you felt comfortable enough to share.  But we must remember that sometimes God's plans for us is not the easier path and that we have to show our true faith in Him and pray to the good Lord for his guidance through the path.  Remember he tested his Twelve by asking them to step out into the troubled waters.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 93
If one studies their Bible they will learn that acceptance of Christ as Savior is a personal choice. It does not mean that we no longer sin. We are of the flesh. We are sinners. The difference is we are forgiven sinners. A male friend that I was dating once said to me he wished he had the happiness and contentment I have in my life. I waited and gave this some thought. I wrote him a note reminding him of his wish. Then I put a small envelope inside that was marked "gift." The gift contain the plan of salvation. The plan from the Bible for accepting Christ. I told him in the note it was his choice whether or not he wanted to accept this gift. It was some months later that he told he was a Christian. I was happy and thankful that he wanted to know about becoming a Christian. I know that we are judged harshly many times, but it does not stop our peace and joy. I know God has my back.

I did not grow up in a Christian home. At age 20, I accepted Christ. This was the best decision I have ever made. I found a love and peace I had not known. Even if I didn't really have support from my earthly family, I have known I have my Heavenly Father and He will not forsake me.
Kudos
Views