Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Christian Value 7 - Don't be a Hypocrite

Message 1 of 93

@williamb39198 wrote:

@ManicProgressive

Nice summation of some guidelines for our lives.

Charitable work, a belief system, and doing good for others.

I like it!

These concepts, I’m sure overlap within and are practiced by many credible religions of the world. 

Well said, William and Manic, well said.  Haters are just gonna hate.  It's why many support the "Hater-in-Chief"

Image result for hater in chief trump

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 93

Thank you for re-directing the wayward discussion.

I, for one, would enjoy seeing an explanation from those who profess to be Christian but have difficulty expressing "Christian Values".  Some have asked those who claim to be Repubs to do the same when they express moderate GOP views or demand the same from Centrists.  There really isn't much of a difference.

We are blessed to have a Christian here that expresses Christian Values in most all of her posts.  Thank you "Controlled".  We can see by the fruit you produce.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 93

This thread has gone off topic.  

If you wish to discuss the community and storage of posts, please start a thread in the appropriate area.

Please return to the topic, and remember to refrain from insults and inflammatory comments.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 93

@Soosie wrote:
I have a question. Perhaps someone here can answer. Is it within the guidelines of this site for a poster to keep a library of someone's posts? If so, here is my statement." I do not give my permission for any poster here to copy any post I make and do not give permission for a poster to keep a library of my posts on their personal computer." I would also like for the powers that be for this site to tell me if this is sufficient to stop this kind of behavior. In my opinion it is not healthy for any poster to keep this information on their personal computer. I am surprised and sad that this has been allowed.

You don't have to give your permission. If someone wants to copy your posts and save them to their computer, they are free to do so. It's similar to being photographed in public. No one needs your permission first.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 93

I realize this is a public site.  What I am talking about is an unhealthy need to store information regarding my posts and those of another Christian.  Re: inserting that a poster said it is OK to rape one's wife.  I was on the site at that time and the man did not say this. This was years ago.   Someone just distorted it.  One poster here who does seem to keep the library stalked me on other sites until I reported him to the person over all the moderators.  I don't find this type of obsession over someone or their posts healthy.  I will state this and stick by the statement.  To those who seem to support everything the guilty party does, I think you are perhaps admiring the wrong hero.  This is a public site, but it is also the responsibility of the owner of the site to keep it safe and open to all who want to come here to express their views.  At this time, I don't find that.  The reason I stay is that I would like to see this cleaned up and actually be a safe site for all seniors to post their opinions without a select few going after the poster no matter what they try to post.  This is true and some of you can deny it, but your denial doesn't hold up.  Take a look, how many new people do you see come to this site? If they dare, they are soon either taken down or don't want to be subjected to the type of treatment dished out here.  I have written on MANY of the AARP sites and we welcomed new posters.  There was no goal to run them away.  Sometimes I wonder just what this site is all about.  Perhaps a hidden purpose.  You would think as seniors we would know better.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 93

@Soosie  Here ya go. This is the information I was referring to.  Oh, I have no idea what the difference is between Social Butterfly and Conversationalist is either but I'm not going to worry about it.  Hope this helps and you have a good day!

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

I'm not interested in this thread, but there was one comment which got my attention.

This is a public website open to anyone who visits AARP. Nobody on this site has a right to claim their posts are private, belonging only to them. Once you upload a post to a public website, it belongs to the owner of the website. Since it isn't private, anyone can copy or use it again in another thread. .

If you're concerned about privacy, don't upload posts to a public website.

It's very similar to walking outside and claiming a right to privacy if someone tries to take a photo of you. I'm sorry, if you want privacy, stay home.

Yes, you are correct.  Actually all a person has to do is click onto another poster's name on their moniker in the top left hand corner of one of their postings and a record of their posting can be viewed. Everything here becomes public information.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 93

Hello, Soosie. I believe this answer is in this feed in giving you directions from earlier post about privacy. I really don't know how....probably because I have a big mouth?

@Soosie wrote:
This is a question to Controlled? I see that you have reached the Gold status, but can't find where you have been posting for such a long time. How did you reach this status so quickly?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 93

@CriticalThinking wrote:

I'm not interested in this thread, but there was one comment which got my attention.

This is a public website open to anyone who visits AARP. Nobody on this site has a right to claim their posts are private, belonging only to them. Once you upload a post to a public website, it belongs to the owner of the website. Since it isn't private, anyone can copy or use it again in another thread. .

If you're concerned about privacy, don't upload posts to a public website.

It's very similar to walking outside and claiming a right to privacy if someone tries to take a photo of you. I'm sorry, if you want privacy, stay home.

Yes, you are correct.  Actually all a person has to do is click onto another poster's name on their moniker in the top left hand corner of one of their postings and a record of their posting can be viewed. Everything here becomes public information.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 93

@Soosie wrote:
ChasKy 53 in blue print:
Seems odd to me for a true Christian to claim to know what God will say or do. ................It seems odd to me that you would try to point out I am not a true Christian. That is disingenuous, I haven't said that anyone is or isn't a true Christian, nor have I hinted at such. No, I don't know all things about God, And no one "knows all things about God", I am glad that you know that but in studying my Bible I do learn. As do most. If, in your Bible you can show me scripture where is says, "Soosie will be turned away from Heaven because early on when posting here she mistakenly thought a male poster was a female based on his style of writing. It is nothing short of laughable that you would interpret what I said to mean that "Soosie will be turned away from heaven". It is a shame that anyone's understanding of other's words could be so radically distorted. No photo of him was showing. That is the real reason the poster has a chip on his shoulder about this poster. Kind of silly one would think Since I haven't commented on you thinking anyone may be male or female, it's rather odd that you would bring this up. Should I think that you have a chip on your shoulder because you disagree with me politically or may have mistakenly thought that I was attacking you?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 93

@Soosie wrote:
I have a question. Perhaps someone here can answer. Is it within the guidelines of this site for a poster to keep a library of someone's posts? If so, here is my statement." I do not give my permission for any poster here to copy any post I make and do not give permission for a poster to keep a library of my posts on their personal computer." I would also like for the powers that be for this site to tell me if this is sufficient to stop this kind of behavior. In my opinion it is not healthy for any poster to keep this information on their personal computer. I am surprised and sad that this has been allowed.

There is a poster here who has claimed to "keep a library of posts by most all posters". He is a Conservative (or a supposed Independent). Perhaps he may be able to answer your concerns on this matter.

I see nothing in the TOS that prevents anyone from doing so. Once something is posted in a public forum it becomes public information, I do believe.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors