Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Christian Value 7 - Don't be a Hypocrite

Message 11 of 93

I'm not interested in this thread, but there was one comment which got my attention.

This is a public website open to anyone who visits AARP. Nobody on this site has a right to claim their posts are private, belonging only to them. Once you upload a post to a public website, it belongs to the owner of the website. Since it isn't private, anyone can copy or use it again in another thread. .

If you're concerned about privacy, don't upload posts to a public website.

It's very similar to walking outside and claiming a right to privacy if someone tries to take a photo of you. I'm sorry, if you want privacy, stay home.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Christian Value 7 - Don't be a Hypocrite

Message 12 of 93
This is a question to Controlled? I see that you have reached the Gold status, but can't find where you have been posting for such a long time. How did you reach this status so quickly?
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 93
Seems odd to me for a true Christian to claim to know what God will say or do. ................It seems odd to me that you would try to point out I am not a true Christian. No, I don't know all things about God, but in studying my Bible I do learn. If, in your Bible you can show me scripture where is says, "Soosie will be turned away from Heaven because early on when posting here she mistakenly thought a male poster was a female based on his style of writing. No photo of him was showing. That is the real reason the poster has a chip on his shoulder about this poster. Kind of silly one would think.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 93
Some posters seem so interchangeable. They have the same traits. I have often wondered if this site is just a few posters who have been able to use several computers.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 93
I have a question. Perhaps someone here can answer. Is it within the guidelines of this site for a poster to keep a library of someone's posts? If so, here is my statement." I do not give my permission for any poster here to copy any post I make and do not give permission for a poster to keep a library of my posts on their personal computer." I would also like for the powers that be for this site to tell me if this is sufficient to stop this kind of behavior. In my opinion it is not healthy for any poster to keep this information on their personal computer. I am surprised and sad that this has been allowed.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 93

@Laurie42010 wrote:

Now...all this did not come to me from the traditional ways....I took a path to discover my Lord personally which can tend to make one be "persecuted" ( the road less travelled), but I do know there is a Divine reason for such!!!

UGH!  Smiley Frustrated

Controlled,  it seems we may have traveled somewhat similar paths in coming to the conclusion that building a personal relationship with God in seeking His direction in our daily lives is as of as much importance or more than just relying on Scriptures to direct our lives. IMHO, it takes prayer and meditation to achieve understanding of the Scriptures and how to apply them into our own lives.

I grew to know Scriptures and would try to live by them but something was always missing. Along with personal moral inventories, building a personal relationship with God through prayer and meditation and seeking His direction in my daily life has made all the difference in my life and my ability to be of service to Him and to my fellow human beings.

Keep on keepin' on my friend.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 93

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
If one studies their Bible they will learn that acceptance of Christ as Savior is a personal choice. It does not mean that we no longer sin. We are of the flesh. We are sinners. The difference is we are forgiven sinners. A male friend that I was dating once said to me he wished he had the happiness and contentment I have in my life. I waited and gave this some thought. I wrote him a note reminding him of his wish. Then I put a small envelope inside that was marked "gift." The gift contain the plan of salvation. The plan from the Bible for accepting Christ. I told him in the note it was his choice whether or not he wanted to accept this gift. It was some months later that he told he was a Christian. I was happy and thankful that he wanted to know about becoming a Christian. I know that we are judged harshly many times, but it does not stop our peace and joy. I know God has my back.

I did not grow up in a Christian home. At age 20, I accepted Christ. This was the best decision I have ever made. I found a love and peace I had not known. Even if I didn't really have support from my earthly family, I have known I have my Heavenly Father and He will not forsake me.

And once we have accepted Christ we are charged with the personal responsibility to morally inventory ourselves and to divest ourselves of all of the superfluities of life. Just a few of them are: greed, bigotry, self-centeredness, dishonesty, hatred, anger and resentment, jealousy, etc, etc.  We are not to rest on our laurels and just keep doing these things, saying that "God will forgive me".

Gosh...I am truly pondering on jumping in here....Oh dear Lord....Help me....

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave or forsake you"  Deuteronomy 31:6...phew, with that out of the way.

Now...in Matthew 16:24 Jesus said: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me" and we all know he had a very, very persecuted life as with all his Disciples. He describes our differences in Colossians 3:13 when it says "Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." A key point here, as I understand is one must acknowledge the wrongs we do and we must also remember he advises us in James 4:17 "Anyone then, who knows the good he ought to do  and doesn't do it, sins." Which in turn sends you to Matthew 7:12 "So in everything, do to others what you would have them to do you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."

I will end on this note:  "See to it that no one takes you captive through hallow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and basic principals of this world rather than Christ." taken from Colossians 2:8 and "The world cannot hate you, but it hates me because I testify that its works are evil." from John 7:7.

Now...all this did not come to me from the traditional ways....I took a path to discover my Lord personally which can tend to make one be "persecuted" ( the road less travelled), but I do know there is a Divine reason for such!!!

UGH!  Smiley Frustrated

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 93

@Soosie wrote:

I will add this to my comments earlier.  When I stand before God, it will be only God that I answer to.  True for each and every one of us There will be no one from Politics and Current Affairs sitting in.  Why should anyone have to mention that?  I sure don't God will require no direction from anyone who posts here. And nor from you I am sure He and I will be happy to eliminate the middle man or woman. I nor you will have any choice in what or who is "eliminated" from it, only "He" will.  That is why I am a happy, content Christian. As am I.

We are told in the last days we will face those who hate.  As I face those who hate who are from the right and sometimes also profess to being Christian. We will face those who mock. Again, I face them even here from the Right who profess to being Christian  One thing is sure, there will be no politics discussed at this meeting I don't know what all will be "discussed", or even that there will be any "discussion". I do know that I will be judged by my thoughts and actions and God will not be making any phone calls to get the opinion of others Seems odd to me for a true Christian to claim to know what God will say or do.  Who the President happens to be or has been will not be important. How we have dealt with everything here on earth will be taken into account, according to my understanding of the Scriptures This is such a comforting thought. We can conceive many "thoughts" to comfort ourselves, but many of those "thoughts can be wrong.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 93
And once we have accepted Christ we are charged with the personal responsibility to morally inventory ourselves and to divest ourselves of all of the superfluities of life. Just a few of them are: greed, bigotry, self-centeredness, dishonesty, hatred, anger and resentment, jealousy, etc, etc. We are not to rest on our laurels and just keep doing these things, saying that "God will forgive me". .............this is true. Hope those of us who are Christians are able to do this. One other thing that I know as a Christian, we will turn the other cheek for just so long, but we can come out fighting for ourselves. Some people try to put us in a place where they can try to make us feel uncomfortable and then try to justify their own bad behavior by throwing around their personal judgement of Christians. Glad to see you saying you are not one of these.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 93

@Soosie wrote:
If one studies their Bible they will learn that acceptance of Christ as Savior is a personal choice. It does not mean that we no longer sin. We are of the flesh. We are sinners. The difference is we are forgiven sinners. A male friend that I was dating once said to me he wished he had the happiness and contentment I have in my life. I waited and gave this some thought. I wrote him a note reminding him of his wish. Then I put a small envelope inside that was marked "gift." The gift contain the plan of salvation. The plan from the Bible for accepting Christ. I told him in the note it was his choice whether or not he wanted to accept this gift. It was some months later that he told he was a Christian. I was happy and thankful that he wanted to know about becoming a Christian. I know that we are judged harshly many times, but it does not stop our peace and joy. I know God has my back.

I did not grow up in a Christian home. At age 20, I accepted Christ. This was the best decision I have ever made. I found a love and peace I had not known. Even if I didn't really have support from my earthly family, I have known I have my Heavenly Father and He will not forsake me.

And once we have accepted Christ we are charged with the personal responsibility to morally inventory ourselves and to divest ourselves of all of the superfluities of life. Just a few of them are: greed, bigotry, self-centeredness, dishonesty, hatred, anger and resentment, jealousy, etc, etc.  We are not to rest on our laurels and just keep doing these things, saying that "God will forgive me".

Kudos
Views