Get answers to your legal and financial affairs questions about caregiving from AARP expert Amanda Singleton. Join the discussion today!

Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Christian Value 7 - Don't be a Hypocrite

Message 31 of 93

Soosie, thank you for posting! They chose to use this particular thread to open the discussion of the religion and politics conflict, which is why we have the platform to do such.  I took the time and wrote down your noted passages and feel they are indeed pertinent, but certainly like the opening one of 1st Corinthians 1:10.  These are very trying times and we must do our best to decipher who is friend and who is foe. But most importantly try to communicate with foe so differences can indeed be resolved, no? Love your enemy...is the ultimate test....can you actually communicate while having the empathy to understand their perspective?  Empathy to understand their confusion? Learning to hate the evil that they do but not the person/soul? It is so very difficult which is why Jesus was chosen to do such.

@Soosie wrote:

I have been relucant to post Bible verses because in the past I was told anything pertaining to religion was not allowed in this group because religion and politics should be separate.  Since the rules have changed, I offer the following verses for those who seem to be reading your Bible regularly.  I am happy to see this change in the rules and sorry if you already know these verses:

1st Corinthians 1:10

Jeremiah 29:11

Acts 2:38-39

John 6:67-71

and one of my favorites

Ephesians 2:8-9

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 93

https://youtu.be/PeVzwzHi0jg

Above video shows the following:

If you proclaim to be Christian than certainly one knows an eye for an eye is not the teaching, no?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 93

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@Controlled42010 wrote:

Fishslayer, well,I am probably wrong for even speaking this way but,  I do not believe that Jesus Christ was in anyway affiliated with any political party! To my understanding he just tells us to follow the law so they have nothing to judge us wrongly for, no? The fruit...wolf in sheeps clothing...is all the deception, no? Deception that was mans fall from Grace to begin with, no?

You have the words, but you're creating a conflict, where non exists. Gods creation is one of order. 

Politics in the time of Jesus was historically recorded within the Bible. The "parties" (religions) at the time were many, but all were subjects,  under Roman law and control. Romans allowed the Jews to "govern" themselves to some degree, for the sake of "peace". 

Jesus was a Jew and subjected Himself to Jewish law and Roman authorities. It would take a lot of time to go into all the details. 

Roman 13: 1-7 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, you can read the rest if you like, but yes...  you're correct.

I understand the relationship between "fruits of the spirit " and wolf in sheep's clothing and that is why I brought up King David earlier. He was a great man, a great leader, crude in many ways, a shepard, hard working, a soldier, a man after Gods own heart... and yet he also was a murderer, a liar, deceitful, and adulterer etc... and from his "house",  Jesus was born. 

Now....  please understand,  I'm not saying president Trump is an equivolent to King David, so for some of you, calm down, but I have always said Trump may be the Gen. Patton of politics. 

You can bring up scriptures. You can bring up King David and explain that even he was a liar, deceitful, an adulterer, etc.

BUT ............... none of that justifies the hypocrisy of the Republican party or trump. Just as an example ......... I consider it to be hypocritical to profess to be Christian and support the KKK or any politician who doesn't stand up to and admonish them.

There is no justification, none. I was merely pointing out what you would throw away because of you sanctimonious faux outrage... God can...  and will use anyone, for our common good.  God is the ultimate recycler.  To bad you don't "get it". 

Why must every liberal have a list of what others are supposed to do, in order for them to be accepted? the speck and the plank applies. 

I'm proud to be everything liberals hate.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 93

I have been relucant to post Bible verses because in the past I was told anything pertaining to religion was not allowed in this group because religion and politics should be separate.  Since the rules have changed, I offer the following verses for those who seem to be reading your Bible regularly.  I am happy to see this change in the rules and sorry if you already know these verses:

1st Corinthians 1:10

Jeremiah 29:11

Acts 2:38-39

John 6:67-71

and one of my favorites

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 93

Post was duplicated. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 93

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@Controlled42010 wrote:

Fishslayer, well,I am probably wrong for even speaking this way but,  I do not believe that Jesus Christ was in anyway affiliated with any political party! To my understanding he just tells us to follow the law so they have nothing to judge us wrongly for, no? The fruit...wolf in sheeps clothing...is all the deception, no? Deception that was mans fall from Grace to begin with, no?

You have the words, but you're creating a conflict, where non exists. Gods creation is one of order. 

Politics in the time of Jesus was historically recorded within the Bible. The "parties" (religions) at the time were many, but all were subjects,  under Roman law and control. Romans allowed the Jews to "govern" themselves to some degree, for the sake of "peace". 

Jesus was a Jew and subjected Himself to Jewish law and Roman authorities. It would take a lot of time to go into all the details. 

Roman 13: 1-7 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, you can read the rest if you like, but yes...  you're correct.

I understand the relationship between "fruits of the spirit " and wolf in sheep's clothing and that is why I brought up King David earlier. He was a great man, a great leader, crude in many ways, a shepard, hard working, a soldier, a man after Gods own heart... and yet he also was a murderer, a liar, deceitful, and adulterer etc... and from his "house",  Jesus was born. 

Now....  please understand,  I'm not saying president Trump is an equivolent to King David, so for some of you, calm down, but I have always said Trump may be the Gen. Patton of politics. 

You can bring up scriptures. You can bring up King David and explain that even he was a liar, deceitful, an adulterer, etc.

BUT ............... none of that justifies the hypocrisy of the Republican party or trump. Just as an example ......... I consider it to be hypocritical to profess to be Christian and support the KKK or any politician who doesn't stand up to and admonish them.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 93

@Controlled42010 wrote:

I'm proud to be everything liberals hate.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 93

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
no judgement there.... right?

Or a subjective observation....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 93

@Controlled42010 wrote:

Fishslayer, you are so correct about being careful as to not pass judgement.  I also find the following a very important verse to:

James 4:17 " Anyone then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins"

then....

1st Thessalonians 5:19-22  "Do not put out the Spirits fire; do not treat prophecies with contempt. TEST everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil."

and finally....

Matthew 15:7-9  "You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you. These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are from me. They worship in vain; their teachings are not but rules taught by man".

Image result for standing ovation gif

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 93

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

If you do not monitor your own words then there you are. No one is without fault... no one. 

So then it's OK for many trump supporters and Republicans to be hypocrites because "no one is without fault"?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views