From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Christian Value 7 - Don't be a Hypocrite

Message 41 of 93

Fishslayer, well,I am probably wrong for even speaking this way but,  I do not believe that Jesus Christ was in anyway affiliated with any political party! To my understanding he just tells us to follow the law so they have nothing to judge us wrongly for, no? The fruit...wolf in sheeps clothing...is all the deception, no? Deception that was mans fall from Grace to begin with, no?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 93

I tend to agree with the truth and I've gotten it wrong before, but like what's has be said...

When we talk about the "fruit" that's what we can judge. When it comes to politics how can we know what is "good fruit"? now that's hard.

What kind of man was King David? not so pretty to say the least, but he was a man after God's own heart and from his house came the Son of God.... Jesus.

I "try'' not to judge the tree... but what is produced by the tree.

"The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile "
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 93

@Fishslayer777  Please accept my apology if I offended you or made you feel judged.

Just trying to resolve some discrepancies that I perceive.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 93
no judgement there.... right?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 93

@Laurie42010 wrote:

Fishslayer, you are so correct about being careful as to not pass judgement.  I also find the following a very important verse to:

James 4:17 " Anyone then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins"

then....

1st Thessalonians 5:19-22  "Do not put out the Spirits fire; do not treat prophecies with contempt. TEST everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil."

and finally....

Matthew 15:7-9  "You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you. These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are from me. They worship in vain; their teachings are not but rules taught by man".

Which might explain why I would tend to agree more with the Left side more so than the hypocrisy I see from the Right.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 93

For those who don't believe in Christianity or maybe even no belief system, I still will respect you and your right to your opinion. Perhaps this is more relevant: "Nothing annoys me more than when someone expects you to be okay with something that they wouldn't be okay with if it was done to them"...Unknown Author

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:
  • For myself, I think that many tend to ignore the golden rule. How do people really feel about having false accusations against them?..how do people feel about others fabricating lies against them?...how do people about others bearing false witness against them? Most likely they would not like it, but yet they are willing to do that to others. Not very Christian, are they?

But they are really good at hiding behind their Christian cloaks, and promoting a holier than thou attitude. 

Go ahead and cheat and lie, then be forgiven on Sunday. 

What they don’t comprehend, is that God knows exactly what they are doing and thinking. Perhaps they have convinced themselves that they are invisible...no, they are transparent! Their actions are obvious. 

Hypocrites?...Very!

So true, William.  Sadly, it's on display everyday.

What did Jesus mean by "you will know them by their fruit?"

"Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. So then, you will know them by their fruits," (Matthew 7:15-20).

Jesus' words here are a powerful warning that there are many who come in His name who are actively seeking to lead us away from the truth, and we are to be on guard against this threat. Wolves are not a thing that sheep should only concern themselves with when things get obviously bad. Sheep must always be alert and ready for such predators. And if the wolves can dress up as sheep, the threat becomes infinitely more severe. Jesus chose very strong words here to emphasize our need to be ever vigilant against a subtle but hostile threat to us and our brothers and sisters in Christ.

https://carm.org/you-will-know-them-by-their-fruit

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 93

Fishslayer, you are so correct about being careful as to not pass judgement.  I also find the following a very important verse to:

James 4:17 " Anyone then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins"

then....

1st Thessalonians 5:19-22  "Do not put out the Spirits fire; do not treat prophecies with contempt. TEST everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil."

and finally....

Matthew 15:7-9  "You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you. These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are from me. They worship in vain; their teachings are not but rules taught by man".

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 93

Hypocrisy is to claim to know and follow certain beliefs, but to behave in a way that counteracts those beliefs. Y'all come on and say what you say.... if you don't agree,  it's not hypocrisy. No one can escape their own falability and their own sin nature.... it's part of the human condition. So if you believe each time you look in the mirror and see a righteous person, who gets it right, and understand the immorality of others ... and then turns and forgets, 

For with the same judgment you pronounce, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. 3Why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but fail to notice the beam in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ while there is still a beam in your own eye?

If you do not monitor your own words then there you are. No one is without fault... no one. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Forget "Trump supporters" and concentrate on the issue - what does Christianity say about right to work law? 

I'll agree - hypocrisy is a no-no.

So then "hypocrisy is a no-no".  Finally something we agree on.

So then, yes, that is what I said.

Unions fought for the general welfare of everyone, ....... fair wages, safety in the workplaces resulting in less death and injury. They fought for equal pay. they fought for equal rights in and out of the workplace. In my opinion it is hypocritical for the Republicans to say that they stand for those things yet they denigrated unions who actively stood up for and helped bring those things about in our society. 

I don't see Christianity in that? What does Christianity say about unions?

This may put me in trouble with cent who has decided to monitor this topic but what denigration are you talking about.

You ignore the hypocrisy in the Right attacking and destroying unions that stood for the  the advancement of equality and the general welfare of the American people ....... the things the conservatives claim to stand for.

Asking what Christianity has to do with unions is a distraction.

Did you happen to notice the topic?

Of course, did you miss the part about hypocrisy?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 93

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Any thoughts? Sure...just another diversion from one who rarely remains on topic.

A poster did do a rant about Republicans harming unions as part of the topic. You did not refer to that as a "diversion" yet you opt to jump into the discussion of that and accuse me "diversion". Seems a bit biased.

So, do you have any thoughts on Christianity and right to work laws or would you prefer to "monitor" the board and tell that poster that such comments are not allowed?

To the contrary, I posted no "rant" about unions.  The topic is hypocrisy.  I posted how it is hypocritical of the right to denigrate unions when their purpose was always to improve pay, safety, health, equal rights, and the well being of all Americans, not just union represented workers. Conservatives claim to be 'for' all of those things and then denigrated and destroyed unions across America. That is hypocritical. No surprise, conservatives and Washington Republicans are hypocritical about most everything.

How have Conservatives "denigrated and destroyed unions" and what is Christian doctrine on unions?

They destroyed unions by pumping millions into false campaign ads in individual states to pass RTW laws.

I mentioned nothing about "Christian doctrine" in relationship to unions so direct that question elsewhere.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors