Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: China Responds to Trump's Tariffs

Message 1 of 4

I could mention the rare earths threats, but I doubt that GOP would comprehend. 

On a bigger issue,  remember the Steel Tariffs - that is not working as donald dreamt it would.   Steel prices in the US are cratering - and so are the jobs that were going to be repatriated - just like all the corporate cash being brought back to the US ( aka NOT).   

https://www.barrons.com/articles/changing-tariffs-falling-steel-prices-bring-buyers-strike-515591441...

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

Get ready to pay more for iPhones, TVs and Silly Putty
May 26, 2019
President Trump’s tariffs could affect 23% of consumer goods, according to one estimate.

Millions of Americans will stick with their old washing machine, television and computer monitor, and refrain from buying new clothes and furniture.

But they may have a harder time avoiding the shops for their kids’ birthdays and during the busy holiday season when children expect new electronics and toys.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
China's tech giant Huawei Technologies maintained its ranking as the world's No 2 smartphone vendor, continuing to narrow the gap with Samsung, the first on the list.

Samsung - sold 71.62 smartphones
(Samsung saw its market share reduce from 20.5 percent to 19.2 percent in the first quarter of this year).

Huawei sold 58.4 million units of smartphones.
(An increase from 10.5 percent to 15.7 percent over the same period last year).

Apple ranked third on the list with sales declining to 44.56 million.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/201905/30/WS5cef6426a3104842260beae4.html

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4
that stopping of grain buying by China will hit my Washington State hard. Lots of wheat growing just to my south.......this is going to be one hell of an ugly trade war, and expensive for our consumers!!
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

China Responds to Trump's Tariffs

Message 4 of 4

On May 30, 2019:

• Chinese buyers of U.S. state grain have stopped ordering and don’t expect to resume the purchases due to the disagreement over trade between the world’s two largest economies, a Bloomberg News report said, citing people familiar with the matter.
  • China currently has no plans to cancel previous orders, the report says.
  • U.S. soybean farmers have taken a hard hit from the trade tensions and the Trump administration last week announced a $16 billion trade aid program (TRUMP BAILOUT for FARMERS)  for those impacted by retaliatory tariffs.
Kudos
Views
Replies