Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: China Buys Zero American Soybeans

Message 1 of 4

I don't understand why we didn't secure deals with other countries to buy our goods prior to this tariff stuff. The Chinese went to Brazil for the soy beans. No planning, tarrifs generally are bad thing. I hope the spiral downward stops.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

America would lose in a full blown trade war,

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

I don't know how things are going to play out, but I hope something positive comes out of this for our farmers. What a mess

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

China Buys Zero American Soybeans

Message 4 of 4

BEIJING (Reuters) - China’s soybean imports from the United States plunged to zero in November, marking the first time since the trade war between the world’s two largest economies started that China, the world’s largest soybean buyer, has imported no U.S. supplies.
Instead, China has leaned on Brazilian imports to replace the U.S. cargoes, customs data showed on Monday.

China brought in 5.07 million tonnes of soybeans from Brazil in November, up more than 80 percent from 2.76 million tonnes a year ago, data from the General Administration of Customs showed.

Meanwhile, U.S. imports plunged from 4.7 million tonnes in November 2017 and were down from 67,000 tonnes in October.

The U.S. was the second-largest supplier of soybeans to China and the trade was worth $12 billion in 2017.

The Good News

Beijing resumed buying U.S. cargoes earlier this month, after the two countries agreed on December 1 to a truce in their trade war.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-economy-trade-soybeans/china-imports-zero-u-s-soybeans-in-n...

It looks to me like this is a negotiating tactic by China. A November "warning", so to speak.

In December, they buy some U.S. soybeans to show "We're willing to compromise". Those American soybean farmers are waiting to see where this goes.

trade war truce.jpg

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors