Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: China Boost Ties with Germany

Message 11 of 33

@easyed598 wrote:
CT wrote-

EasyEd said watch today's stock market. He's right, but for the wrong reasons. The market is poised to rise significantly because Trump caved in and canceled his previously announced plan to raise tariffs on China.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Trump didn`t cave-China did. If they renege the tarrifs go in effect after 3 months-Nice try to distort what happen.  If Trump suceeds ,I`m sure you will want to credit Obama as the libs do with all Trump`s achievements.

Der Trumper cannot succeed simply because he has no idea what "success" in Trade negotions means.

He is clueless about the nature of trade deficits, thinking they somehow represent a LOSS for the American consumer. The reality is WE get all of China's THINGS - TVs, iPhones, Computers, etc., for a great price and THEY get ink drawings of dead Americans, which cost us virtually nothing to produce, but are considered very valuable AND desirable by the rest of the World because we always pay our debts. Republicans have tried numerous times to destroy the value of those ink drawings by refusing to pay our debts (raise the debt ceiling), but so far, not all elected GOPers are insane and their efforts have failed...but they keep electing more crazy's and they will keep trying if we don't get rid of them.

He does not know or care tariffs are paid by the CONSUMERS, and since we are consuming much more of China's goods than they are of American goods, WE suffer the greatest damage. Consider the first stupid tariff on beans wheat and corn. Result: Record bankruptcies FOR AMERICAN FARMERS, and the loss of markets that will NEVER be regained. Then there was a $1billion/year loss for GM because of the increase in the cost of their materials in process, causing them to lay off 15,000 AMERICAN workers to compensate for the result of Trumpers tariffs. Third, movement of jobs overseas to escape the tariffs and remain competitive, like Harley Davidson had to do.

The market jumped because China demanded Trumper behave in a rational manner, NOT because he "won" ANYTHING. The total impact of foreign trade in the American economy has always been minor, way too insignificant to trigger a shift in the DJA. But seeing an infantile POTUS smacked by his daddy for acting like an infant and observing said infant CHANGE HIS IRRATIONAL BEHAVIOR would cause investors to regain hope they lost watching the irrational behavior continue to escalate without rhyme or reason. Der Trumper LOST, but WE won!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 33

Afisher wrote- Per Easy - I looked at the stock market and the sell-off is huge.  Dow is down 650 points.    Gas price is down at the pump.     Those with short term memory will have forgotten that when gas price goes down, it has an effect beyond the pump...or are the RW going to ignore all the Bankruptcies of oil companies in 2014.

Are they counting on their Stock dividend check?----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Funny -a week ago the dems were saying Obama was the reason the Dow Jones was skyrocketing  and now it is Trump`s fault when it drops . The same with gas prices. When the prices drop to $1.92/gallon (my town) it is Trump`s fault and will bankrupt the oil companies. If they go up it will be Trump`s fault because nobody will be able to afford to drive.Yes ,I am counting my dividends and my capitalgains I made in 2018. Sorry-The devil made me do it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 33

Per Easy - I looked at the stock market and the sell-off is huge.  Dow is down 650 points.    Gas price is down at the pump.     Those with short term memory will have forgotten that when gas price goes down, it has an effect beyond the pump...or are the RW going to ignore all the Bankruptcies of oil companies in 2014.

Are they counting on their Stock dividend check?   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 33

CT WROTE-EasyEd gives Trump credit for doing nothing. Ed, what did he do?----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------About a week ago I provided a link with at least 60 of his accomplisments. If I have to post them again will you please print them out ,so I won`t have to repost them ?  Jeeez!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 33

The price of a Company's stock and the entire Stock Market have NO connection to the health of the Company or the health of the Economy.

Yea, I don't like using the stock market as a measurement of the economy. During George W's term, the stock market was rising, yet average Americans were running their finances in the red. 

One thing though, when big corporations are happy, they seem to go easy on the president. They did get their corporate tax cuts, which certainly helped corporate profits and boost the stock market. I think they're keeping a close eye on Trump and his tariffs. If his trade-war with China backfires and sinks the market, I think we'll see an all-out assault on Trump by the big money interests.

I think they'd be happy with Pence. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 33

@Richva wrote:

Not a problem. America is going to win BIG selling soybeans to each other. See how well it has been working so far?

Der Trumper as made America an untrustworthy partner. Anyone who does not KNOW China and the rest of the World are busily finding alternative sources and markets for what they buy and sell does not know how the World works.

If farmers think they took a beating THIS year, wait for NEXT year when Brazil and Argentina have increased their beans, corn and wheat  crops to replace what America HAD been exporting to China. Same with everything else Der Trumper's infantile tariffs touched - Harley Davidson is just one company that will be moving production to more "stable" economic environments.

Couple this with the GOPers drive to eliminate all the controls President Obama installed on Wall Street and the Banksters because of the jrbush Depression, and the Crash of 2020 will make the Republican engineered debacles of 2008 and even 1929 seem mild in comparison.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 33

The price of a Company's stock and the entire Stock Market have NO connection to the health of the Company or the health of the Economy. The mortgage market was a total disaster three years before the crash of 2008. Likewise, the market stayed in the doldrums for a year AFTER the economic recover was well under way, jsut to cite two recent proofs of this thesis.

But lil donny thinks the DJA is his "report card" and praises it to the heavens when its up, but ignores it when its down. His followers of course do the same.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 33

I saw the market shot up 400 points right after the Trump / Xi Jinping two hour discussion. Yet, it seems not a whole lot was accomplished, except they'll hold off on more tariffs.

I wonder how high the market will jump when, and if, Trump and Xi sign on the dotted line. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

China Boost Ties with Germany

Message 19 of 33

Here's an example of Trump Cult logic. 

• Trump starts a trade war
  • The market collapses, losing 100% of its gains for the year 2018
  • Trump postpones his planned 25% tariff for January 1st.
  • The market breathes a temporary sigh of relief

EasyEd gives Trump credit for doing nothing. Ed, what did he do?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 33

Panj. wrote-I'd love to know what you find so inspiring about a serial liar. Not being facetious here, I'm serious. It has to be either you don't care about the lying, or maybe you're unaware of it. Which is it?--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------He keeps his promises ,unlike Obama who made  grandiose promises and kept very few of them.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors