Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: China Boost Ties with Germany

Message 1 of 33

Deficit grows again as US exports drop and imports increase.    From AP:  Record imports drive US trade deficit to $55.5 billion in October, highest in a decade.    GOP will have to ignore reality.

Dog donald has now caught his own tail and has to try and decide 'what next".    He can no longer just be the big bully and make nonsense tweets / threats.    Hence the WS meltdown.   Even FOX business gets it.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 33

On December 1, the same day as President Trump and President Xi sat down face to face at the G20, over grilled sirloin and caramel pancakes, to figure out how to resolve the trade war, Meng Wangzhou, the chief financial officer and deputy chairman of Huawei, and the daughter of the firm's boss, was arrested in Canada and is now facing extradition to the US.

It is hard to overstate the symbolism and significance of this event. Huawei is the crown jewel of Chinese tech and Ms Meng is effectively its princess.

This arrest could materially damage the relationship between the US and China at possibly one of the most sensitive times between the two countries in their long and torrid history.

China on Thursday demanded from Canada and the US the immediate release of Huawei chief financial officer, Meng Wanzhou, and a clarification of the reasons for detention, Foreign Ministry spokesman Geng Shuang told a daily news conference.

The Chinese embassy in Canada on Wednesday voiced its "firm opposition" to the reported arrest of Meng Wanzhou.

http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/a/201812/06/WS5c0878d2a310eff30328f5fe.html

Wall Street Journal:

Huawei shipped more phones globally than Apple in the second quarter of this year, despite its problems in the U.S.

HONG KONG—Smartphone sales are falling globally, but the Chinese tech giant whose devices most Americans can’t even buy is doing a booming business.

Huawei Technologies Co., the world’s largest maker of telecommunications equipment, shipped more than 95 million smartphones in the first half of the year, an increase of more than 30% compared with the same period last year, the company said Friday.

The company’s sales have risen sharply in markets such as Western Europe, the Middle East and India, according to International Data Corp.

In the second quarter, Huawei shipped more phones globally than Apple, making it the world’s second-largest vendor of smartphones after Korea’s Samsung Electronics Co. , according to IDC.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bigger-sales-than-apple-chinas-huawei-doesnt-need-the-u-s-1533296175

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 33

@easyed598 wrote:

CT wrote-Ed, I didn't ask you about Trump's so called accomplishments. I asked you what did he accomplish with his tariffs. The question was what did he do to improve our economy in terms of the trade war?----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------For one thing ,he got China attention about having fair trade ,unlike the last 4 Presidents.Let`s see what happens after 3 months.

I hope you soon awaken from your dream.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 33

@easyed598 wrote:

This is a win-win for USA and China and Trump. It is a loss for the Trump hating  Dems who were afraid they would have to pay one dollar more for a shirt and admit that Trump won again.

We would have been far better off if trump had never started the stupid and ignorant tariff war.  Only blind and stubborn trump cultists can't admit that.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 33

CT wrote-On Monday, EasyEd said watch the stock market so I did. It rose about 200 points. However, yesterday, after markets learned Trump completely distorted reality by lying again, pretending there was an agreement with China, the market collapsed. The DOW lost over 800 points!------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My bad-I sold stock last week to take some year end capital gains. In March when China has agreed to Trade deal and the stock market is soaring ,will you still be whining?  (I`ll be buying when stocks are a bargain before then)

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

China Boost Ties with Germany

Message 6 of 33

On Monday, EasyEd said watch the stock market so I did. It rose about 200 points. However, yesterday, after markets learned Trump completely distorted reality by lying again, pretending there was an agreement with China, the market collapsed. The DOW lost over 800 points!

Easy Ed and other Trump Lovers don't realize how much Trump's idiotic trade war/tariffs are hurting America.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 33

CT wrote-Ed, I didn't ask you about Trump's so called accomplishments. I asked you what did he accomplish with his tariffs. The question was what did he do to improve our economy in terms of the trade war?----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------For one thing ,he got China attention about having fair trade ,unlike the last 4 Presidents.Let`s see what happens after 3 months.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 33

The market had gone up Monday on hopes of a trade deal with China.

I heard the market sank today after Trump said that if China and U.S. can't come to an agreement, remember, I am a "Tariff Man".

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 33

Ed, I didn't ask you about Trump's so called accomplishments. I asked you what did he accomplish with his tariffs. The question was what did he do to improve our economy in terms of the trade war?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 33

Dow Down 799.png

Kudos
Views