Chicago: 28 shot, 5 die over the weekend

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 11 of 66

First, I'm not a liberal. I've been an Independent all my life who never voted by party. I always voted for the candidate, whether they were a Republican or a Democrat. But in Trump World, anyone who criticizes their Supreme Leader, is by definition, a flaming liberal. Of course you will never see any of them disagree with or criticize their hero in the White House.

Second, it's very clear he was completely lost on my logic. He missed the entire thrust of my argument. As I often state, Trump voters have no relationship with, nor do they understand the application of logic in an arugment. They are thoroughly confused by the use of logic. That's one of the big reasons they are Trump voters.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Chicago: 28 shot, 5 die over the weekend

Message 12 of 66

@CriticalThinking wrote:

We always get flawed logic from Trump World. Every state has cities, so that is another bogus argument. As one can see from the chart I previously posted, many of the safest states are BLUE states. 

As for cities, San Fran only has 46 homicides last year while NYC had less than 300 homicides with De Blasio as mayor. When Guilianni was mayor of NYC, they averaged more than 1,000 homicides per year.

Trump World is lost when it comes to logic. As I mentioned previously, Chicago has historically been a corrupt, crime ridden city for many decades. It doesn't matter if they have a Democratic or Repulbican Mayor, the city is corrupt. Therefore, using Chicago as the source of one's argument to blame it on the Dems is very flawed logic.

Liberals are devoid of any logic.  When was the last time Chicago was run by Republicans?  Hint: 1927.  Where there are Democrats, look for corruption and crime!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 66

We always get flawed logic from Trump World. Every state has cities, so that is another bogus argument. As one can see from the chart I previously posted, many of the safest states are BLUE states. 

As for cities, San Fran only has 46 homicides last year while NYC had less than 300 homicides with De Blasio as mayor. When Guilianni was mayor of NYC, they averaged more than 1,000 homicides per year.

Trump World is lost when it comes to logic. As I mentioned previously, Chicago has historically been a corrupt, crime ridden city for many decades. It doesn't matter if they have a Democratic or Repulbican Mayor, the city is corrupt. Therefore, using Chicago as the source of one's argument to blame it on the Dems is very flawed logic.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 66

@CriticalThinking wrote

Logic: If one makes the argument that crime rates are high because they have

a Democratic administration, then one has to logically explain why 8 out of the top 10 safest states are blue states. A logical analysis of the data destroys the argument put forth by the author and NH.

The top 10 safest states in the U.S. as determined by the U.S. News & World Report’s Best States list are:

• Maine
  • Vermont
  • New Hampshire
  • New Jersey
  • Idaho
  • Virginia
  • Rhode Island
  • Connecticut
  • Wyoming

Most states are safe. It's when you get to the Democrat run cities, that it's NOT safe.  One example is NJ where the crime rate is high in Newark, NJ and Camden, NJ both run by Democrats.

The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Newark is 1 in 29. Based on FBI crime data, Newark is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to New Jersey, Newark has a crime rate that is higher than 92% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes.

With a crime rate of 54 per one thousand residents, Camden has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 19.

Just goes to show that safe states contain Democrat run unsafe cities and logic is not something that liberals have!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 66

Yep.  It is the other states causing the issue.  Just like the U.S. and Mexico. We are causing the issue. 

Richva posted..

Gun laws in Chicago are working very well.

=============================================================

Really?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 66

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Richva posted..

Really?

Really. It is the guns being brought in from States with poor gun laws that are the problem. The States with poor gun laws are controlled by far right Reb. All should keep in mind what the far right has lived on for the last few hundred years. They use terror, hurt people, kill people. The far right has never done anything to help average people. Now some one provide a list of anything the far right has ever done to help average people.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 66
Richva posted..

Really?
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 66

The idea that we can have islands of reasonable gun legislation is inherently insane. A 2015 study of guns in Chicago found that more than 60 percent of new guns used in Chicago gang-related crimes and 31.6 percent used in non-gang-related crimes between 2009 and 2013 were bought in other states. Indiana was a particularly heavy supplier, providing nearly one-third of the gang guns and nearly one-fifth of the non-gang guns.

So, should we scrap all gun laws?  Hardly. Drug possession laws have far worse records of success and the Regressives support them enthusiastically.  Gun laws in Chicago are working very well.  We just need them to be applied to all states equally. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 66

@L42010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@L42010 wrote:

https://arcg.is/zKmHf

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

When one has a lack of critical thinking skills, one is not able to see the connection between high crime rates and the cities that are run by Democrats that have these crime rates (and occupied for the most part by Democrats).

@NOTHAPPENING ....I do believe this is not a polictal party problem but a POVERTY problem. Please see the above link to help explain. Thanks!

I respectfully disagree.  If you look at the cities that have high homicide rates, they are (for the most part) run and occupied by Democrats.  You need to maintain law and order in these crime ridden cities.  The "liberal touch" does not deter criminals.

@NOTHAPPENING My point is....This is not a party issue...the terrorism that is being played out in all the gun violence shows that the shooters certainly do not go ask what party they belong to before carrying out these horrible acts. They are taking the lives of all Republicans, Democrats and everyone else who does not fall into those two categories. We should not be making this a political issue but a human livelihood issue. I agree with the maintaining of civil, law abiding law enforcement and it should start at the top for the example for all. Safety and protection for all.

Tues. Aug. 20, 2019....Three more arrests of people who have hatred in their souls and a weapon but THANK GOD it was stopped before it played out!!!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 66

Logic: If one makes the argument that crime rates are high because they have a Democratic administration, then one has to logically explain why 8 out of the top 10 safest states are blue states. A logical analysis of the data destroys the argument put forth by the author and NH.

The top 10 safest states in the U.S. as determined by the U.S. News & World Report’s Best States list are:

• Maine
  • Vermont
  • New Hampshire
  • New Jersey
  • Idaho
  • Virginia
  • Rhode Island
  • Connecticut
  • Wyoming
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors