Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Check Your Negativity

Message 1 of 44

The track this topic has taken graphically shows it's validity. The first response went partisan. Then we got to Fox, the size of the President's body parts and the usual "Oh, yeah, well, you did too" type childishness. And there was, of course, the required mention of the TOS and trolling.

As I have often posted - smile people, the sun is shining. All that negativity will only make your stomach growl.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 44

@TxGrandpa2 

To make a point by the poster, is there a difference between animated or still?

One may be to make a point, or one may be in reaction to a point. What’s the difference, it is still a graphic comment, instead of words. 

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 44

ChasKy53 wrote in red text:
@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

Sure. I've noticed that there are some who post animated graphics from time to time. However, these posters never start a thread where the first post is nothing but an animated graphic. And the great majority of their posts are written comments.

Doesn't matter if the cartoon is the first post or within the thread.  Cartoons can set the discussion. 

But no matter how prolific the poster is, inserting an animated graphic as an answer indicates an attempt to aggravate. But you just said that whether a "cartoon is the first post or within a thread" it "can set the discussion". Would you be as supportive if it was conservatives doing so over and over. Aren't you? In fact I believe this is the case where there is a problem with cartoons. Yep, insulting and baiting ones, even when posted as a topic. Has to be.

"The only thing that man learns from history is that man learns nothing from history."
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 44

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

Sure. I've noticed that there are some who post animated graphics from time to time. However, these posters never start a thread where the first post is nothing but an animated graphic. And the great majority of their posts are written comments.

Doesn't matter if the cartoon is the first post or within the thread.  Cartoons can set the discussion. 

But no matter how prolific the poster is, inserting an animated graphic as an answer indicates an attempt to aggravate.  Would you be as supportive if it was conservatives doing so over and over.  In fact I believe this is the case where there is a problem with cartoons.  Has to be.

As does starting numerous threads with nothing but a cartoon and then only coming back to the thread to insult the other posters. Would you be as supportive if it were liberals doing so over and over?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 44

Lies should bother everybody.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 44

@williamb39198 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 

So you are claiming that the person posting most of the political cartoons, who has done so over and over, is a liberal...wow!

Perhaps you should read my post again.  I was referring to animated graphics, not cartoons, and IT IS a liberal poster who is prolific in posting animated cartoons.  I won't name the poster.

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 44

@TxGrandpa2 

So you are claiming that the person posting most of the political cartoons, who has done so over and over, is a liberal...wow! That’s interesting. 

And as @Cirice has said most posters do not start with political cartoons. 

Perhaps neither right or wrong, if permitted, I guess that’s the way it is. 

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 44

@Cirice wrote:

But no matter how prolific the poster is, inserting an animated graphic as an answer indicates an attempt to aggravate.  Would you be as supportive if it was conservatives doing so over and over.  In fact I believe this is the case where there is a problem with cartoons.  Has to be.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 44

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

One can tell that some here think that posting nothing but cartoons that were created by other people is evidence of writing talent.

Could you comment on those who keep posting animated graphics instead of written answers?  I won't mention any names but there is several that are posted over and over. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 44

@Cirice wrote:

One can tell that some here think that posting nothing but cartoons that were created by other people is evidence of writing talent.

Could you comment on those who keep posting animated graphics instead of written answers?  I won't mention any names but there is several that are posted over and over. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: What advice do you need to better manage your stress and anxiety?

Clinical Psychologists Barry Jacobs and Julie Mayer will answer your questions on how to cope with the major life change, anxiety, and sadness we are all facing these days. Ask a question now and tune in live on May 27, 3-5 p.m. ET.

Top Authors