Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Charlottesville: The Wake-Up Call America Needed

Message 31 of 73

Oh, and that permit thing?   The counter protesters had valid permits for two other parks.   Including the Justice Park where the white supremacist mowed down a score of innocent nonviolent people.   

The counterprotesters were not legally required to have a permit at Emancipation Park.   However, according to the Chief of Police, there was a plan to keep both groups separate.  It was the WHITE SEPARATISTS who went against that plan and went after the counter protesters at that location.  

In all cases, the aggression was started by the white separatists.

"Charlottesville Police Chief Al S. Thomas Jr. told The Post the white-nationalist groups went back on a plan that would have kept them separated from the counter-protesters. The two sides started clashing, and by 11:22 a.m. police had declared an unlawful assembly."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/08/16/president-trumps-false-claim-that-cou...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/local/charlottesville-timeline/?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.bcf...

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 73

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Here we go, one of our Trump supporters blames those demonstrating against the Nazis and KKK for the death of the woman who was killed by a Nazi.

"And if the counter protesters had stayed off the street that women would not have been killed."

Yup.  The exact same mentality that blames the rape victim for her rape, because of what she was wearing or where she was walking.  Instead of putting the blame where it belongs -- on the perpetrator.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 73

Let's recap the Republican position on this.

1. Standing up against Nazis, the KKK and White Supremicists requires proper documentation. Well, one group had a permit. It was a planned event. The First Amendment gave them the right

2. Standing up against Nazis, the KKK and White Supremicists will get you killed, and you'll deserve it because you should've stayed inside. If they didn't show up to counter protest no one would have died.

The new dogma for the GOP: Accept our racist, sexist xenophobia or die.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Charlottesville: The Wake-Up Call America Needed

Message 34 of 73

Here we go, one of our Trump supporters blames those demonstrating against the Nazis and KKK for the death of the woman who was killed by a Nazi.

"And if the counter protesters had stayed off the street that women would not have been killed."

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 73
jfpinlvn posted..

Well, one group had a permit. It was a planned event. The First Amendment gave them the right to spew their nonsense. The other group was basically bussed in to stir the pot. If they didn't show up to counter protest no one would have died.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So true.

And if the counter protesters had stayed off the street that women would not have been killed.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 73

Another sleepless night I guess-work?

Northern raised MAssachusetts liberal, no bones about it.

Great uncles fought brother against brother in CW, uncle Uly was with Grant, his brother was with Lee. One of those moments when you've volunteered and don't remember it.

Uly died when I turned 6 or 7, his brother is a far memory, preceded him.

I find no particular love in my heart for the Klan or the new-Nazi party..

I've met the klan on a backwoods road in either GA or FL in 1970-ish.

Lost in a Winnebago with a NC boy greatgrand whatever of a General on Confederate side.

For that occasion , our traveling companions were 2 Portuguese travelers and a 6-8 year old son who looked black courtesy of some Cape Verdean surprise (no race is particularly pure) his brother was white blonde and blue eyed.Same parents.

Burning cross, and my friend said when the cross are burning we don't want to be here.

I blonde and blue eyed had to ask directions out, as the child and his mother hid in the closet, just in case.

I don't have a fondness for the Klan. Three years of nightmares later the kid did forget and manage to sleep through the night, 

Regarding monuments to fallen on both sides. Legal removals to museums or off public land don't have a problem.

Holding some kinda rally called "Unite the Right" not save our heritage, I have a problem with.

Especially if one side brings arms, bats, shields, poles, knives, etc.

Ive watched the videos of the weekend too many times, fed up with the BS.

You want to remove any statue to confederacy or anything else you do it legally, regardless of when it went up.

I draw the line at pulling down monuments to anything that have gone through due process to be erected.

in other words no tears shed to the women and other arrested on NC today for pulling down a statue of a confederate soldier.

That's vandalism pure and simple, that says we're devolving as a culture.

And is rated right alongside whoever defaced the Lincoln monument, with a sprayed comment regarding the law or Islam. My best guess is it was a comment on Islam by a AltRight type.

My thoughts are my own, only reason to be in Maine, I fell in love with the place.Vanilla that it is. Multi-cultures and multi-races built this country. I know my ancestry. French, English, Scot and Native American roots to 1636 back to countries of origin.

No one is particularly 100% European ancestry, like the Alt-Rights believe.

There are enough of them crying over there spit in the test tube or scrape the inner cheek swabs. And suddenly attempting to change the sub-Saharan ancestry tests.

The monuments stick em in a museum, or back yard legally.Private land not, public most of them were created by sculptors and are art, they should be treated as such.Most were commissioned long after the CW.

RELee was not big on monuments to a lost cause.

Hos memoirs said that as did he.

That's it enjoy the news ht morning.

Mph and on a different note, as of last night one of the black males that was beaten by a group of Neo Nazi's with pipes, has gone from released with staples back to hospital in serious condition so, there may be one more death resulting from hatred of our fellow man.

If I were to complete my thoughts after that news, It wouldn't be pleasant.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 73

@jfpinlvn wrote:

Well, one group had a permit. It was a planned event. The First Amendment gave them the right to spew their nonsense. The other group was basically bussed in to stir the pot. If they didn't show up to counter protest no one would have died.

No. If a white supremacist hadn't purposefully rammed his car into a crowd of human beings, no one would have died.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 73

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 73

Does everyone here look upon the KKK's White Supremacist agenda as being 'deplorable'?

I will be the first to answer: Yes, I look upon the KKK's White Supremacist agenda as being deplorable.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 73

@KidBoy2 wrote:

I do not look for things to get better...over the past 20 years or so how many wake up calls we have had?

Calling Trump a racist, etc. like many posters and some of the left wing media have done are doing is stirring the issue.

I don't look for things to get better either ............ seeing how I post this topic and things like Obama and what people call Trump show up in some poster's replies.

Do you admonish the White Supremacist Nationalist actions and agenda of the KKK?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors