Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Charlie Rose!!!!

Message 11 of 16

I was thinking about this this morning listening to CBS.  I always thought Charlie Rose was smarter and more principled than to get himself into situations like he did.  O'donnell probably said it best when she said this was not the Charlie Rose she knew.  She and Gayle King had direct contact with him every day and, yes, the atmosphere was often flirtatious enough for both my wife and I to wonder aloud if the relationship was 'more than professional'.  

Perhaps this is another reason not to presume too much.   What you see put on public display is not the entire person.  Few are....even the one you tell yourself you are.  

Charlie Rose, though, appears to have been candid about this and accepted responsiblilty.  The Charlie Rose I thought I knew would do that.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 16
I was shocked to say the least, but not surprised. The reactions of his cohosts were very telling as to the double life some of these men lead.
The moment must be seized..as evolutionary, and revolutionary.

I really dont know how to react to all this. the men getting accused in my generation ( 62) .. and younger lol..my GOD thats all I can say when I hear the house and senate are going to undergo harassment training. im LOL because 1. I cant believe they never had it and 2. these men are supposed to be smart..what are they doing?

I have ALWAYS been a nawty guy. It wasnt that hard for me to find nawty girls happy to participate in some shenanigans. I grew up knowing it a RULE not to force ANY PART of yourself on women ( mental physical etc) and to stick with women in your age range.. or older. I am a Dad and Grandad of girls and women..since I was 19. the ICK factor of younger women..i mean..you know.

Now i read john conyers got a payout from the legislative sluch fund..exposed by a conservative activist. DOnt know how he got his info, but a little sunshine on that secret fund is a good thing. the accusation if from a few years back, when Conyers was only 85. Dirty ol man? lifelong history of this? going senile?

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 16

@Epster wrote:

@mimi0000 wrote:
This makes me so sad. Another man with feet of clay.

@mimi0000  I'm with you: so, so sad.

On the one hand I am proud for and happy about the national conversation. This is necessary. On the other hand, I dread each morning's list of the newly accused. It's still necessary, but unhappily so.

If any of these #metoo accusations are false, though, I want the accusers prosecuted.

Right on, Mimi and Epster.  It's an extremely important conversation we're having.  And hat's off to the fine work by The Washington Post.  I hope it shuts up the morons who claim The Post is being partisan when clearly they are not.  We need to purge our work environments of this egregious behavior; it will be painful, for sure, but cultural growth often is as the perpetrators will do their best to retain hold on their sexist behavior. Hopefully, our son's will learn it's no longer an "old boy's club" and our daughters and grand-daughters will have fewer obstacle's to success.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 16

@mimi0000 wrote:

@mimi0000  I'm with you: so, so sad.

On the one hand I am proud for and happy about the national conversation. This is necessary. On the other hand, I dread each morning's list of the newly accused. It's still necessary, but unhappily so.

If any of these #metoo accusations are false, though, I want the accusers prosecuted.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 16
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Charlie Rose!!!!

Message 16 of 16

lol. my wife and i often talk about how flirtacious the great chemistry is on that set. LOL gads.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors