Honored Social Butterfly

Catholic Archbishop of Washington slams Trump’s visit to John Paul II shrine

I do not think I can add to Archbishop Gregory's evaluation of Trump. 

President Trump triggered sharp condemnation from top religious leaders for the second time in two days on Tuesday, with Washington Archbishop Wilton Gregory slamming his visit to a D.C. shrine honoring Pope John Paul II.

“I find it baffling and reprehensible that any Catholic facility would allow itself to be so egregiously misused and manipulated in a fashion that violates our religious principles, which call us to defend the rights of all people, even those with whom we might disagree,” Gregory said in a statement as Trump and first lady Melania Trump arrived at the Saint John Paul II National Shrine in Northeast Washington.

“Saint Pope John Paul II was an ardent defender of the rights and dignity of human beings. His legacy bears vivid witness to that truth," Gregory said. "He certainly would not condone the use of tear gas and other deterrents to silence, scatter or intimidate them for a photo opportunity in front of a place of worship and peace.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2020/06/02/trump-catholic-shrine-church-bible-protesters/ 

Honored Social Butterfly
Regular Social Butterfly

He didn't pray, he didn't set foot in the Church. He never mentioned the destruction, and he never mentioned Mr. Floyd. He had a good opportunity to try and bring the Country together, to voice something anything about the murder of Mr. Floyd. All he wanted was to show his power to get the quiet protestors out of the area. He wanted to show the Governors how it was done, not for any other reason. (This is how you do it. )Then he pranced across to the Church as if he had really accomplished something wonderful.
I hope all he did was dig his hole a LOT DEEPER.

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Honored Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

Let me be clear! Trump did not come here to pray. 

Trump's disingenuous self serving presence there was a sacrilege to the Faiths he defiled!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

Wow .... poor ruthless dictator Trump.  Nobody wants him!

Religious venues are avoiding him like the devil himself and their Bishops are vigorously condemning him!

Trump should go to a statue of Robert E Lee for his photo-op.

As both were treasonous and are responsible for the needless deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans, such a photo-op would fit quite well!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png