With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Carson thanks 'biased media'

Message 11 of 27

@jimc91 wrote:

Clearly I have over estimated the" ability to understand a topic"  by the members of this forum.

The topic is" Carson thanks biased media" (in this case Politico).

I think I will suggest to AARP to change the format and stop using a subject topic and just ask every one to write about their favorite insult to Republicans.

I am not sure what you expected then. The general perception of the board and non-Republican voters alike is that any politician who talks about a biased media is looking to have their sins overlooked. Not fair coverage.  

That appears to be what Carson wants.  How do you see this?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 27

Ben's stories are fanciful - it's a shame they're fabrications...

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 27

jim - Carson’s dig at the media comes amid heightened scrutiny of the his extraordinary life story ...

Republican Presidential candidate Ben Carson said Thursday that he believes his advice to George W. Bush on how to handle the Middle East was “the reason” he was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2008.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ilanbenmeir/ben-carson-foreign-policy-advice-is-reason-bush-awarded-me-p#.xp...

Quite an extraordinary story that one.  And then there's this very dramatic episode:

On explaining the moment Ben Carson fell in love with Candy, which happened during a drive back to Yale from Ann Arbor,

“I fell asleep at 90 miles an hour and was awakened by the vibrations of the car as it was going off the road, heading off into a ravine. I grabbed the wheel… [a]nd it just stopped on the shoulder, just in time before an 18-wheeler barreled by. And Candy awakened and said, ‘What happened?’ and I said, ‘Nothing.'”

“I explained what happened, and we said, ‘You know what? God spared our lives because he wants us to do something.’

They then kissed and got married.  Another episode of high drama.

According to her husband’s biography, Candy Carson has a lot to brag about herself. A triple major at Yale University — she studied music, psychology and pre-med — Carson bears a Master’s in Business Administration and is the head of the Carson Scholars Fund program

And even she cannot correct Poverbs.  I'm certain there is a dramatic story behind that too.  Some reasoning as to why a prominent Biblical Chapter & Verse in their home remains - a mistake.  Pretty certain there are no grammatical errors in the plethora of shiny exhibits and displays of his incredible life.  No mistakes on HIS part. 

“I have a surgical personality, which means I look very, very carefully before I leap, and I measure the temperature of the water before I put my foot in there,”...

http://heavy.com/news/2015/08/candy-carson-ben-republican-presidential-nominee-first-lady-scholars-p...

Risk vs. Reward.  How much fame can be cashed in on before my toes become too uncomfortable? 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 27

Got some old moldy "Moanster" to go with that whine...

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 27

Clearly I have over estimated the" ability to understand a topic"  by the members of this forum.

The topic is" Carson thanks biased media" (in this case Politico).

I think I will suggest to AARP to change the format and stop using a subject topic and just ask every one to write about their favorite insult to Republicans.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 27

@alferdpacker wrote:

Is it bias if Carson says something that is later proved to be untrue - like say the blatant "scholarship to West Point lie" - and based upon the fact that one blatant untruth was told, other untruths are sought?

Answer - In the real world that's not bias - it's normal everyday investigation to see whether there were additional lies told - it's only bias in the strange somewhat twisted world that exists in Carson's head...

That additional investigations are being pursued because there appears that there may have been other untruths told/wild exaggerations made (call it what you will) isn't bias - that's research to establish what's proved to be factual - and what's not...

Does it strike anyone else as incredible that GOPers insist no one can trust Hillary despite the fact millions of tax dollars and three years of investigations found NOTHING wrong with her behavior? And even more incredible that GOPerdupes accept the idea that the media should not be reporting the lies and incredibly stilted and stupefyingly absurd things their candidates are doing and saying? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 27

@Richva wrote:

I am not sure I understand the "biased media" claim. Is that because they report more stuff on Carson than on, say, Christie?  Probably because Christie is an experienced government leader who understands his role and the government he wants to lead. 

Carson just keeps coming up with statements that could be part of an Elmer Fudd carton. When you say a bunch of dumb stuff and get caught in lies, you get media scrutiny. 

It is not bias if they investigate you and find discrepancies.  It is the job of the media. 

Republican reluctance to having the media try and discover what they will do if elected is understandable. Had they gotten jrbush to admit his neocon plans to invade Iraq and grab the oil before Nov 2000, Gore's popular vote victory would've been so immense not even the Fascist Five could've stolen the WhiteHouse for the GOPers.

Now they're terrified someone will get them to admit on camera they plan to destroy SS, Voucherize Medicare and throw 14 million Americans off their health insurance while returing to the days of no insurance for pre-existing conditions like birth defects, cancellations for getting sick, lifetime caps on payments and denial of claims that have clerical errors, all this to happen just before they invade Iran and eliminate the inheritance tax, tax on capital gains and corporate income tax while lowering the TMR to 20%.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 27

It's small wonder GOPer DBs like Cruz are really in a tizzy over being asked "gotcha questions" like "Would you shut down Government AGAIN?" or "What will you replace Obamacare with?" or "will you cut benefits or raise the contribution cap to save Social Security?"

Not telling the voters what they plan to do is a long tradition for Republicans - do not recall jrbush letting us in on his plans to invade Iraq before SCOTUS rejected the winner and anointed jr in 2000. Now their plots are SO neferious they cannot risk letting them slip trying to dance around an actual question in their "debates" so they change to format to make it a 2 hour campaign commercial.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 27

@jimc91 wrote:

Well it certainly appears the radical left is caught up in semantics, ya think?

Is it possible to understand a situation and then say "you lie" because a person uses a particular word instead of a very similar word?

Yes... In the LA LA land of the radical left.

So much for their much touted "individual think".  It appears to be very much group think with a pinch of the Clinton Machine and politics of personal destruction.

Predictable...

That the bizarre bozoid right wing fright wig wearers would love all the Republican Clowns is not in the least a surprise...

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 27

Well it certainly appears the radical left is caught up in semantics, ya think?

Is it possible to understand a situation and then say "you lie" because a person uses a particular word instead of a very similar word?

Yes... In the LA LA land of the radical left.

So much for their much touted "individual think".  It appears to be very much group think with a pinch of the Clinton Machine and politics of personal destruction.

Predictable...

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views