With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Carson thanks 'biased media'

Message 21 of 27

Is it bias if Carson says something that is later proved to be untrue - like say the blatant "scholarship to West Point lie" - and based upon the fact that one blatant untruth was told, other untruths are sought?

Answer - In the real world that's not bias - it's normal everyday investigation to see whether there were additional lies told - it's only bias in the strange somewhat twisted world that exists in Carson's head...

That additional investigations are being pursued because there appears that there may have been other untruths told/wild exaggerations made (call it what you will) isn't bias - that's research to establish what's proved to be factual - and what's not...

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 27

Barnes & Noble to Move Ben Carson “Biography” to Fiction Section

(The National Report) - Barnes & Noble, the nation’s largest book retailer, has decided to move the Ben Carson biography Gifted Hands to its fiction section, in light of recent news reports casting doubt over claims contained in the retired neurosurgeon’s book.
Barnes & Noble employee Sydney Luft said, “I’m not really into politics, but this change is confusing to customers and very stressful.

- See more at: http://nationalreport.net/barnes-noble-move-ben-carson-biography-fiction-section/#sthash.skaTRh8r.dp...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 27

@Richva wrote:

I am not sure I understand the "biased media" claim. Is that because they report more stuff on Carson than on, say, Christie?  Probably because Christie is an experienced government leader who understands his role and the government he wants to lead. 

Carson just keeps coming up with statements that could be part of an Elmer Fudd carton. When you say a bunch of dumb stuff and get caught in lies, you get media scrutiny. 

It is not bias if they investigate you and find discrepancies.  It is the job of the media. 

True. There's also the fact that Christie has been scrutinized by the media for a long time and there's nothing new to report. Ben Carson? The only thing we know of his  background (aside from his years as a neurosurgeon) is what he has written. His standing in the polls now means the media is going to dig deep into that stuff, and it's a story when there are discrepancies. This happens to every candidate when they rise in the polls, and Ben is no different. If he's been lying, it will come out. And the people who will defend him no matter what? That's their problem if they want to throw unquestioning support to a liar.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 27

I am not sure I understand the "biased media" claim. Is that because they report more stuff on Carson than on, say, Christie?  Probably because Christie is an experienced government leader who understands his role and the government he wants to lead. 

Carson just keeps coming up with statements that could be part of an Elmer Fudd carton. When you say a bunch of dumb stuff and get caught in lies, you get media scrutiny. 

It is not bias if they investigate you and find discrepancies.  It is the job of the media. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 27

Carson’s books and autobiographies are the primary reason he has been able to transform from a Physician to a Politian with the blessing and support of so many people.

It appears now the information Carson provided in his books may not have been all true.

The media’s job is to be the watchdog holding him as well as the rest of these Politian’s accountable for their actions. They’re not treating him any differently than they have anybody else running for President with their scrutinizing.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 27

Keep in mind that Ben Carson CLAIMS his campaign has brought this in. The man also claims he was going to beat his mother over the head with a hammer until he was miraculously saved He CLAIMS he saved white children in school by giving them a place to hide. He has chastised the victims in a shooting for not getting together and attacking the shooter while spewing his story about how he calmly detoured a robber/shooter, while in essence he threw the man behind the counter under the bus by directing the robber toward him. He CLAIMS that a prestigious school was ready to welcome him in with a full scholarship. He claims a lot of things, but the problem is he's the only one who remembers any of it.

There are some loyal fans of his who have the mindset of blaming the media. They can't think clearly enough to realize all the media is doing is presenting the truth and not blindly following a lying fool. Thankfully, there are way too many others who see a true liar in him and there are too many undecided voters for him to be getting cocky. We'll see what happens.

Adopt an older pet. Help them remember what it feels like to be loved.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

Carson thanks 'biased media'

Message 27 of 27

Carson thanks 'biased media' for $3.5M fundraising haul

Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson claims his campaign has pulled in $3.5 million in fundraising dollars this week thanks to “biased media” coverage. 

“We the People have made 10,000 donations each day this week, raising $3.5M this week alone. Thank you biased media,” Carson tweeted Saturday.

Carson’s dig at the media comes amid heightened scrutiny of the his extraordinary life story as he has risen to the top of the GOP primary polls.

A Politico report claimed Carson fabricated a story from his youth about being offered a full scholarship to attend West Point. Another report from CNN questioned whether the candidate embellished tales of his violent upbringing in Detroit. 

Carson reacted with fury Friday, accusing the media of conducting a “witch hunt” against him. 

“Here’s my prediction: My prediction is that all of you guys piling on is actually going to help me, because when I go out to these book signings and I see these thousands of people, they say, ‘Don’t let the media get you down,’ ” he said.

“They understand that this is a witch hunt.”

Carson has pulled in stunning amounts of campaign cash, mostly from small-dollar donors. During the last fundraising quarter, his campaign took in $20.8 million, the most in the GOP field. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
MY COMMENT:

Thanks Politico...  Your plan sort of back fired on you.  It also hurt YOUR reputation, I always read your articles understanding it was slanted left but could read through it in order to view both sides.  Well, not so much, anymore...  Report the news, don't fabricate it.

Moving on to NewsMax now, thank you.
VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Replies