Get the information you need to help care for your eyes at the AARP Eye Center. Visit it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Caravan of Thousands Is Pushing Again Toward the U.S. Border

Message 81 of 234

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Exalting yourself to expert status? Well, it's not working. You spent time and lived in these South American countries?

No, just stating that I'm aware of situations like this, and they are not specific to South American countries.  But perhaps I should ask you the same question as to what makes you an expert on similar situations.  I am aware that there are those who claim persecution as a reason for seeking asylum when the only reason is economic and wanting to go to the "promised land".

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 234

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

You seem to be obsessed with the term "illegal immigrant"

You keep ranting about "illegal immigrant".  Could you quote me using that term?  I used the term legal immigrant. I also used the term illegal alien.  None of those in route to America are illegal aliens.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 234

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote (in blue text)

Low poverty wages in Mexico ................... in America perhaps a living wage for those entering legally and good job opportunities to the many in the caravan with college degrees.  Seems choosing America is a good choice, one you would make if you were in their situation.

Are they looking for a better economic situation or is it they are fleeing from persecution as they claim?  It appears that the persecution is just a false claim. "It appears"? These people are from several countries that have become depressed both economically and politically. I don't care if you have compassion for them or not, they are legal in deciding to come here and seek asylum and or legal entrance of another kind into our country. There is nothing in our immigration laws that says economics is grounds for asylum.  Thank goodness it is not up to you to decide whether or not these people can be given either asylum or another legal means of entering  our country. Otherwise a good majority of the world would be knocking on our doors and be eligible for asylum. People have immigrated here from all over the world, for asylum, and for many other reasons. These people have the right to do the same, like it or not.

Nothing you posted is grounds for asylum in any country.  I haven't tried to prove their right to asylum, only to seek it or some other legal way to enter. We have professionals that will handle this, it's just not up to you nor does your opinion about asylum matter at all. Additionally how are you aware of the educational level of those in the caravans? Try and keep up, some of those interviewed have college degrees. If they have the levels as you say, then they should apply for visas or immigration status. And who are you to decide what the "should" do? Do you know what circumstances they were in where they are from? Obviously you don't.

You forget I have lived among people the same as these migrants. Exalting yourself to expert status? Well, it's not working. You spent time and lived in these South American countries?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 234

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Mexico has offered all of these migrants residence, almost 3,000 have accepted, these people are welcomed there, but have their eyes on the 'promised land' of our country.

So they were welcomed in Mexico but shouldn't be welcomed here, right?

Illegal aliens who force their way into the U.S. are NOT welcome here - right?

None of those being discussed are "illegal aliens" - "right"?  They have a right to come to our border to seek asylum or admittance to our country, yet the right wants to pound on the term "illegal".  Yep, trump's lies have had their effect.

Maybe you had difficulty reading my previous post? People who are NOT citizens forcing their way into the U.S. are called illegal aliens. If you want to blame Trump for that definition, go ahead, since he and I are both correct!

Those that are orderly and queue up are legal prospective immigrants. Check with Obama on that!

Those in route here have not  tried to "force their way into the U. S.", so they are not "illegal aliens". Your continued use and obsession with the term seems to prove that trump's lies and distortions truly have had their effect.

Trump didn't have anything to do with the real definition of illegal alien vs legal immigrant. You are continuously confused with the terminology. Those people that are NOT citizens that either are trying to enter illegally are referred to as illegal aliens. Those people that are not citizens who illegally came here or overstayed their visa are illegal aliens. Those people who are not citizens and file proper documents to legally come here are LEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

This is not a political discussion. Try and look up the definition of either and you will find out YOU ARE the person using the incorrect terminology!

Again, those in route to America are not 'illegal aliens". 

If you read my prior post, I did not say they were. Only people who attempt to break in to the U.S. are illegal aliens. The ones who stand in line legally and fill out papers entering legally are legal immigrants. That IS the distinction.

These people are within the law to come to our border to seek asylum and/or to become "legal immigrants".

As I repeated many times before, you are stating the same thing that I am stating!

You seem to still be obsessed with the term "illegal aliens".

You seem to be obsessed with the term "illegal immigrant" referring to those non citizens that entered illegally. They are NOT illegal immigrants. There is no such thing as an illegal immigrant. There are ONLY illegal aliens and legal immigrants. You can dwell on being wrong all the time or you can accept the real Merriam Webster dictionary definitions.

"a foreign person who lives in a country without having official permission to live there "

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/illegal%20alien

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 234

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Low poverty wages in Mexico ................... in America perhaps a living wage for those entering legally and good job opportunities to the many in the caravan with college degrees.  Seems choosing America is a good choice, one you would make if you were in their situation.

Are they looking for a better economic situation or is it they are fleeing from persecution as they claim?  It appears that the persecution is just a false claim.  There is nothing in our immigration laws that says economics is grounds for asylum.  Otherwise a good majority of the world would be knocking on our doors and be eligible for asylum.

Nothing you posted is grounds for asylum in any country.  Additionally how are you aware of the educational level of those in the caravans?  If they have the levels as you say, then they should apply for visas or immigration status.

You forget I have lived among people the same as these migrants. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 234

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

None of those being discussed are "illegal aliens" - "right"?  They have a right to come to our border to seek asylum or admittance to our country, yet the right wants to pound on the term "illegal".  Yep, trump's lies have had their effect.

They would be 'illegal' aliens if they don't follow the legal procedures for entering and staying in this country.

And so we must point out that NOT ONE of the people in this caravan have avoided the legal procedures for entering this country.  Problem solved. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 234

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Mexico has offered all of these migrants residence, almost 3,000 have accepted, these people are welcomed there, but have their eyes on the 'promised land' of our country.

Maybe you had difficulty reading my previous post? People who are NOT citizens forcing their way into the U.S. are called illegal aliens. If you want to blame Trump for that definition, go ahead, since he and I are both correct!

Those that are orderly and queue up are legal prospective immigrants. Check with Obama on that!

Those in route here have not  tried to "force their way into the U. S.", so they are not "illegal aliens". Your continued use and obsession with the term seems to prove that trump's lies and distortions truly have had their effect.

Trump didn't have anything to do with the real definition of illegal alien vs legal immigrant. You are continuously confused with the terminology. Those people that are NOT citizens that either are trying to enter illegally are referred to as illegal aliens. Those people that are not citizens who illegally came here or overstayed their visa are illegal aliens. Those people who are not citizens and file proper documents to legally come here are LEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

This is not a political discussion. Try and look up the definition of either and you will find out YOU ARE the person using the incorrect terminology!

Again, those in route to America are not 'illegal aliens".  These people are within the law to come to our border to seek asylum and/or to become "legal immigrants". You seem to still be obsessed with the term "illegal aliens".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 234

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Whether you like it or not (and you more than obviously don't), they are free to choose whether or not they want to continue to America and seek entrance at our border.

They are free to choose of course, but unless they follow our immigration laws it does not matter what they want.  It's apparent that all they want is to come to this country in spite of being offered a life in Mexico. 

So you think that Mexico offers more opportunity and is a better place to live than America?  Gee .............. pehaps you should move there.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 234

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 234

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Whether you like it or not (and you more than obviously don't), they are free to choose whether or not they want to continue to America and seek entrance at our border.

They are free to choose of course, but unless they follow our immigration laws it does not matter what they want.  It's apparent that all they want is to come to this country in spite of being offered a life in Mexico. 

Kudos
Views