Get a newer and safer vehicle while saving money! Check out the AARP auto buying program.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Caravan of Thousands Is Pushing Again Toward the U.S. Border

Message 71 of 234

@H2Oh wrote:

Because Mexico is as corrupt and violent as the places they are fleeing. Simple.

Does that also fall under reasons for asylum?

Every year people come to the United States seeking protection because they have suffered persecution or fear that they will suffer persecution due to:

• Race
  • Religion
  • Nationality
  • Membership in a particular social group
  • Political opinion

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/asylum

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 234

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

So they were welcomed in Mexico

Not entirely:  https://thehill.com/latino/417091-violence-breaks-out-as-first-group-from-migrant-caravan-arrives-in...

If they were so welcomed in Mexico and even offered residency and full benefits, then why did they continue on north?

Because Mexico is as corrupt and violent as the places they are fleeing. Simple.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 234

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

NO, I am TRYING to divert YOU to the BASIC issue - ILLEGAL entry TO our NATION.

"A caravan of thousands" are not illegals.

Nor did I say they are.

They have not tried to "illegally enter". 

Nor did I say they had.

Sorry you are so frightened of a group consisting of a majority of women and children.

What makes you think I'm afraid. And no it isn't.

Do you have an opinion on the "river swimmers" and "fence climbers"?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 234

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

You continue to bring up things about yourself. They aren't the topic, and I am not the topic, why do you continually want to make things personal?

The conditions in these third world countries is a constant with similar conditions in most all of them.  There are basically two classes of people, those that are well off and those at the constant poverty level.  Those at the lower levels dream of coming to the United States.  They look at the wages here without considering the cost of living.

I am giving my observations from observing people in different countries that are similar to these Central American countries.  Can you speak from experience from being among them for extended periods of time?

You state that there are those with college degrees among these migrants.  Can you provide reputable sources for that information?  I haven't seen any correlating information in the media or elsewhere.

If any is coming here because of persecution, then why are there those carrying the El Salvadoran flag?  If they are fleeing persecution would they be carrying that flag and not ours?

My opinion is that it is doubtful that a majority of those in this caravan will be admitted under asylum.

Lets go by the numbers.

1. Your first para describes just what is happening in the USA between rich and poor. Experts tell us that is a serious problem for us, and it is being created by the far right Reb. We dream of getting rid of the people who cause this so people like those coming will still want to come rather than have us leave. On wages why hasn't Texas increased wages, or ended right to work laws both of which will raise them. The reason the far right Reb.

2. I have been to Central and South America and seen the people living there.

3. People with college degrees from there have other ways to enter the US both legal and illegal so ofcourse you will find few in the caravan.

4. Why shouldn't they carry the flag. People in this country fly the flag of the country they came from. How about the Irish flag in the St. Patty prade, or the Viet Nam flag at gatherings of people from there.

5. Neither you nor I have any idea how many will be admitted. If Dictator Trump has his way none will. If the far right Reb. group who wants to change the constitution only white, Christian's will.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 234

@ChasKy53 wrote:

You continue to bring up things about yourself. They aren't the topic, and I am not the topic, why do you continually want to make things personal?

The conditions in these third world countries is a constant with similar conditions in most all of them.  There are basically two classes of people, those that are well off and those at the constant poverty level.  Those at the lower levels dream of coming to the United States.  They look at the wages here without considering the cost of living.

I am giving my observations from observing people in different countries that are similar to these Central American countries.  Can you speak from experience from being among them for extended periods of time?

You state that there are those with college degrees among these migrants.  Can you provide reputable sources for that information?  I haven't seen any correlating information in the media or elsewhere.

If any is coming here because of persecution, then why are there those carrying the El Salvadoran flag?  If they are fleeing persecution would they be carrying that flag and not ours?

My opinion is that it is doubtful that a majority of those in this caravan will be admitted under asylum.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 234

Well I hope all heard the news today. There is a Caravan that has arrived on the border with CA. They say about 3,000 are in it. They are camped out in Mexico and the US border patrol has started processing them slowly. None are jumping the fence,. swimming around the fence, or going through tunnels. So far no illegals so all far right can stop using that phrase. They are following the law. Now for the troops sent to the Border by Trump to help. Guess what none were sent to CA so we see what the US Army report said was true. Sending them was a waste of time and money by Trump. Now lets hear a cry from the far right to send the Troops home for the holidays and save the Taxpayers money. Notice not one word from Trump on this subject today which shows what a total fraud he is. Now lets hear all the enablers tell us how wrong they were on this subject so far.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 234

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

You seem to be obsessed with the term "illegal immigrant"

You keep ranting about "illegal immigrant".  Could you quote me using that term?  I used the term legal immigrant. I also used the term illegal alien.  None of those in route to America are illegal aliens.

You keep ranting that I use the term "illegal alien" incorrectly all the time. Could you quote me one time I used the term where it was not called for? It finally sounds like you now understand the difference between the two. I'm glad you learned something today!

Referring to these people in any way as illegals or that they will enter illegally is fallacy. These people aren't near here yet, won't be until around the middle of December.  I have always understood the difference, you haven't taught anyone anything except how to use 'spin' in trying to show that these people are a threat. They have done nothing that is threatening. Trump is the threat, sending 15,000 armed soldiers.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 234

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Exalting yourself to expert status? Well, it's not working. You spent time and lived in these South American countries?

No, just stating that I'm aware of situations like this, and they are not specific to South American countries.  But perhaps I should ask you the same question as to what makes you an expert on similar situations.  I am aware that there are those who claim persecution as a reason for seeking asylum when the only reason is economic and wanting to go to the "promised land".

These people are from several different South American countries that have been ran into the ditch economically and politically by almost dictatorships. I don't blame them for leaving, and I welcome any of those who want to come here for the well-being of their families and will make a contribution to our society. Yes, many have college degrees. I have seen no one post reputable sources showing that they are panhandlers, I have been shown nothing to be afraid of.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 234

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

You keep ranting about "illegal immigrant".  Could you quote me using that term?  I used the term legal immigrant. I also used the term illegal alien.  None of those in route to America are illegal aliens.

You keep ranting that I use the term "illegal alien" incorrectly all the time. Could you quote me one time I used the term where it was not called for? It finally sounds like you now understand the difference between the two. I'm glad you learned something today!

In this case, it is completely inappropriate.  Not one person in the caravan is an illegal alien. They entered Mexico legally and are planning to present themselves at the border checkpoints to apply for refugee status.  So, your use of the term in this thread is incorrect and misleading. 

\

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 234

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Kudos
Views