Science is honing in on better ways to treat chronic pain. Read about it in this AARP series.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Caravan of Thousands Is Pushing Again Toward the U.S. Border

Message 61 of 234

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Trump is NOT a threat to anyone who is a thinking citizen of the U.S. He sent the military to back up the border patrol to be pro-active to prevent storming of our borders illegally (something the left supports).

It sounds like you STILL don't get it. They are NOT illegal aliens until they enter illegally! Tell Richva that also since he is having the same difficulty you are. These people are in Tijuana right now. Maybe you ought to look at a map to see just where they are!

Trump just sent 15,000 American soldiers into my backyard so they can sit around all day in the mud as a political gesture.  We are both saying the same thing about the caravan. They have broken no laws so why is Trump warning against them? 

The left is reactive while Trump is proactive. Need more explanation?

I would kind of like an explanation of what those 15,000 soldiers are doing camped out in the mud. Yes.  That would be nice. 

Maybe you are observing a Boy Scout Troop camping at White Sands, NM but those 5,000 soldiers are in California right now - not in your view.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 234

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Trump is NOT a threat to anyone who is a thinking citizen of the U.S. He sent the military to back up the border patrol to be pro-active to prevent storming of our borders illegally (something the left supports).

It sounds like you STILL don't get it. They are NOT illegal aliens until they enter illegally! Tell Richva that also since he is having the same difficulty you are. These people are in Tijuana right now. Maybe you ought to look at a map to see just where they are!

Trump just sent 15,000 American soldiers into my backyard so they can sit around all day in the mud as a political gesture.  We are both saying the same thing about the caravan. They have broken no laws so why is Trump warning against them? 

I would kind of like an explanation of what those 15,000 soldiers are doing camped out in the mud. Yes.  That would be nice. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 234

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 234

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

You seem to be obsessed with the term "illegal immigrant"

You keep ranting about "illegal immigrant".  Could you quote me using that term?  I used the term legal immigrant. I also used the term illegal alien.  None of those in route to America are illegal aliens.

You keep ranting that I use the term "illegal alien" incorrectly all the time. Could you quote me one time I used the term where it was not called for? It finally sounds like you now understand the difference between the two. I'm glad you learned something today!

In this case, it is completely inappropriate.  Not one person in the caravan is an illegal alien. They entered Mexico legally and are planning to present themselves at the border checkpoints to apply for refugee status.  So, your use of the term in this thread is incorrect and misleading. 

\

If you read the content I posted in this thread, you will see that I was consistent. Illegal aliens are those non citizens that are in the U.S. illegally. Those that present themselves for immigration legally at the border (if granted), are legal immigrants. This was what was posted (FYI) and if you feel different, please describe why?

Anyone who climbs the wall or breaks in to the U.S. is an illegal alien! The left wants to call them illegal immigrants but YOU are wrong!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 234

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 234

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

You seem to be obsessed with the term "illegal immigrant"

You keep ranting about "illegal immigrant".  Could you quote me using that term?  I used the term legal immigrant. I also used the term illegal alien.  None of those in route to America are illegal aliens.

You keep ranting that I use the term "illegal alien" incorrectly all the time. Could you quote me one time I used the term where it was not called for? It finally sounds like you now understand the difference between the two. I'm glad you learned something today!

Referring to these people in any way as illegals or that they will enter illegally is fallacy. These people aren't near here yet, won't be until around the middle of December.  I have always understood the difference, you haven't taught anyone anything except how to use 'spin' in trying to show that these people are a threat. They have done nothing that is threatening. Trump is the threat, sending 15,000 armed soldiers.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 234

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

NO, I am TRYING to divert YOU to the BASIC issue - ILLEGAL entry TO our NATION.

"A caravan of thousands" are not illegals.

Nor did I say they are.

They have not tried to "illegally enter". 

Nor did I say they had.

Sorry you are so frightened of a group consisting of a majority of women and children.

What makes you think I'm afraid. And no it isn't.

Do you have an opinion on the "river swimmers" and "fence climbers"?

You talk of "illegal entry" in reference to the people in the caravans ............ none have entered illegally.

True - because they have not yet entered. However, potential "illegal entry" is an element in the topic.

I think you are afraid because of your obvious obsession with these people trying to legally come to America.

No obsession, no fear - it is the topic.

I have seen no "river swimmers" or "fence climbers", you are still making false accusations about these people. There are people from a caravan at the border of California right now and none are "swimming" "climbing" or even digging. Sorry to disappoint you.

And if there are "river swimmers" and "fence climbers", will you approve of their actions?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 234

@ChasKy53 wrote:

I am giving my observations from observing people in different countries that are similar to these Central American countries.  Can you speak from experience from being among them for extended periods of time?  So then, you have never spent time among those people in those South American countries. I am going by what is actually happening where these people are coming from and that is plenty to base an informed opinion on. Again, you make it personal.

You are avoiding answering what makes you so knowledgeable about these countries or those similar to these type countries.  Basically your entire posts on this issue is based on a partisan outlook of liberalism, and not on thorough research.  One might say that you are only repeating the party line.

You still fail to say how you know that college educated individuals are among these migrants, or that they can't feed their families.  I would believe that those with education would have applied for visas to enter our country instead of of walking across Mexico.  Education is a big thing in third world countries, even more so than here, and educated individuals rarely associate with those with little or no education.

But in the end it will be immigration officials who will decide if any of these migrants enter the country, not those on social media.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 234

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

NO, I am TRYING to divert YOU to the BASIC issue - ILLEGAL entry TO our NATION.

"A caravan of thousands" are not illegals.

Nor did I say they are.

They have not tried to "illegally enter". 

Nor did I say they had.

Sorry you are so frightened of a group consisting of a majority of women and children.

What makes you think I'm afraid. And no it isn't.

Do you have an opinion on the "river swimmers" and "fence climbers"?

You talk of "illegal entry" in reference to the people in the caravans ............ none have entered illegally.

I think you are afraid because of your obvious obsession with these people trying to legally come to America.

I have seen no "river swimmers" or "fence climbers", you are still making false accusations about these people. There are people from a caravan at the border of California right now and none are "swimming" "climbing" or even digging. Sorry to disappoint you.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 234

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:(blue text)

You continue to bring up things about yourself. They aren't the topic, and I am not the topic, why do you continually want to make things personal?

The conditions in these third world countries is a constant with similar conditions in most all of them.  There are basically two classes of people, those that are well off and those at the constant poverty level.  Those at the lower levels dream of coming to the United States.  They look at the wages here without considering the cost of living.  Mind reading again I see. They have a much better chance of not being under the poverty level in America verses where they are coming from. Even the College educated can't find jobs to feed their families on. You seem to disguise how serious the problems are where they are fleeing from.

I am giving my observations from observing people in different countries that are similar to these Central American countries.  Can you speak from experience from being among them for extended periods of time?  So then, you have never spent time among those people in those South American countries. I am going by what is actually happening where these people are coming from and that is plenty to base an informed opinion on. Again, you make it personal.

You state that there are those with college degrees among these migrants.  Can you provide reputable sources for that information?  I haven't seen any correlating information in the media or elsewhere. Is CBS, ABC or any other network news an acceptable source?  They have all announced it. I haven't seen "reputable sources" from you or anyone else that paints a picture of negativity about these people who are willing to make such a difficult months-long trek from where they are fleeing to the United States.

If any is coming here because of persecution, then why are there those carrying the El Salvadoran flag?  If they are fleeing persecution would they be carrying that flag and not ours? Your flag reference is as lame as it can be.

My opinion is that it is doubtful that a majority of those in this caravan will be admitted under asylum. There are other legal reasons for these people to be admitted into our country. I have never said that they, or a majority, will seek asylum. There are many at the border in California now and none are jumping fences, swimming rivers, or digging tunnels, they are abiding by the rules in seeking admission into America.  You do support these people trying to enter our country in a legal way, don't you?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views